It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does Ridley Scott know at NASA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Why so doubtful that aliens have been discovered or encountered by anyone ever?

Because I have never seen any clear evidence of that.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So they exist and they are smarter ?

Already in the supermarket ?
What are we (humans) gonna do about that ?

Scientists do not investigate , Ufologists are nuts and Nasa makes images not photo's...

Humanity has already lost the game... be smart join the A-team

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Ridley Scott, a top-notch movie guy, made the movies Alien and Prometheus--two aliens are violent movies. In Prometheus he has the alien tearing the head off a robot! His aliens are in-fact not much better than his Hannibal Lector character.

Of course I understand he has to make violent movies in Hollywood to make a living.

The author Thomas Harris created Hannibal Lector in his book 'Red Dragon'. It's a cracking read, I'd recommend it

He did direct the film Hannibal though; but was the third director to bring Lector to the screen after Michael Mann (Manhunter) and the recently-departed Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs).

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man.

Does this mean there are 100-200 earth sized exoplanets in the goldilocks zone the same age as Earth with an identical star? Anyone have a direct source from NASA where Ridley Scott received this information?

It means someone used a made up equation, then plugged in made up numbers, and somehow thought the results are sound, despite everything being made up.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

because i am smart
i know that a civilization that knows interestellar travel isnt a bunch of violent chimps like us

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

if they want to be interestellar , they need to cooperate and stop shoehorning stupidity like: i have more guns than you!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

they are neither good neither evil they dont give a f*ck about us

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think people have a bad understanding of extra-terrestrial life and space as well in correlation to E.T. Firstly, if you truly believe in E.T life then you know that advanced beings can not interfere with a growing civilization. Secondly, a highly advanced E.T race would reside in a different time dimension so if we went to pleiades star cluster we would have to arrive in their time which would be impossible because so much time would have passed that we wouldn't find them because they haven't existed yet by the time you get there. If you went to the closest solar system they wouldn't be as far off from time as pleiades but significantly off time with our solar system. If we went to the closest solar system and traveled back probably about 2,000 years would pass during that time on planet earth. Back to aliens, they have had time to advance beyond belief becoming one with the universe which is energy connected through every possible fabric of space you can think of. You can use the energy of space to further your dimensional displacement. Humans would call this spirituality but its far more complex than that in a way that I couldn't fully explain or understand myself. there's meditation...then there's manipulation of space. Advanced alien races have learned to combine "spiritual" energy with technology to further manipulate space travel. No matter how fast we travel we wont find them. They're on a totally different level of being. Think of using the force but on a godlike scale. Space and civilization is way more then what we depict in movies and books. It's kinda disappointing because even i wish space was like star wars or star trek but it's TOTALLY different. like comparing apples to oranges.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

hive orientated interlopers would gladly extract whatever resource they needed from an animal, just like we do, and we are not a hive, well not all of us are

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

if they want to be interestellar , they need to cooperate and stop shoehorning stupidity like: i have more guns than you!

Just as civilizations able to cross the Atlantic were more civilised and peace-loving than the natives they found in the Americas, who were not able to? Or the English who were able to sail to Australia? Or seemingly anyone who sailed to Africa? Etc etc.

All too often 'progress' has not been proportional to an increase in ethics ;-)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Tom de longe?

https://__._/podesta-emails/emailid/19062

*I met with ScottFree (Ridley Scott's company) last week - they did the Martian film that has won incredible acclaim over this past year. They were blown away by what I am doing, they need a couple weeks to dig through the Novel. Like everybody else I meet with, their faces drop halfway through the meeting and can't believe that I am spearheading a project that has support from the shadows. They look comatosed... Ha. But they it's so incredibly excited that this topic may start to come out.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
It was said by Neil deGrasse Tyson, I found it here.

In your book Welcome to the Universe you explore the idea that other civilisations likely occupy our galaxy. Is there a theory behind this?

We go over a famous representation of that question called the Drake Equation: it's a way to organise our knowledge and ignorance about the search for life in the Universe. In the book we use it to estimate that there are between 100 and 200 civilisations with technology that we can communicate with today in the Milky Way galaxy. That's a nice number: not really low, not ambitiously high, but it's enough to say, let's keep that in mind, so that the first time we launch a rocket into space, maybe there's an inventory of planets that have a chance of having civilisation on them.

Well I'm curious how they got to that number...Starting with 40 billion estimated Earth-sized planets and then jumping all the way down to 100-200, I wonder what they used to narrow down the field? To come up with that number they must be detecting signs of intelligent life. Most of the variables in the Drake Equation deal with detecting and sending out signals.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GovernmentSauce

Just as civilizations able to cross the Atlantic were more civilised and peace-loving than the natives they found in the Americas, who were not able to? Or the English who were able to sail to Australia? Or seemingly anyone who sailed to Africa? Etc etc.

They were not necessarily more civilized just more technologically astute. If they were civilized, they wouldn’t have enslaved millions of Africans and slaughtered millions of Native Americans.

We better hope and pray the aliens aren’t like Columbus and his genocidal sponsors from Europe

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: GovernmentSauce

They were not necessarily more civilized just more technologically astute. If they were civilized, they wouldn’t have enslaved millions of Africans and slaughtered millions of Native Americans.

We better hope and pray the aliens aren’t like Columbus and his genocidal sponsors from Europe

Yup. That was my exact point. Have another look

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join