It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in machete attack at KY college told Repub student 'you are safe'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I would probably feel for someone of any age who commits suicide due to bullying, when they decide they are going to take out their FIGURATIVE tormentors probably a bit less so.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So it's ok to be broken at this kids age by bullying, as long as they break in the manner you decide. If they break in any other way, they should be a tough strong adult who could never be broken.

Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Not going to argue about this with you..we have a difference of opinion and that's ok.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I understand, I disagree. Liberals tend to be too soft.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Greenpeace, boycotts, getting parades cancelled, preventing speeches. That's not to say there are no Conservatives that are militant, if I knew a way to fact check it I would, no idea where to start.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Greenpeace and Antifa are not Liberal and are definitely militant. But look at right wing positions on several issues and you will find militant... abortion, gay marriage, transgender rights.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Greenpeace and Antifa are not Liberal and are definitely militant. But look at right wing positions on several issues and you will find militant... abortion, gay marriage, transgender rights.

There is definitely militant right on abortion, somewhat on gay marriage, and I would argue many of the problems they have with transgender rights is actually them for the rights of others.

For instance, an argument for gay marriage is it does not effect you, if it did that would be different. Yet things such as transgenders in bathroom DOES effect people. So the same argument made in favor of gay marriage is at odds with some of the transgender "rights" .. as it directly effects other people.

ANTIFA are liberal. So is Greenpeace. Not all liberals would agree with them, but they are still both liberal.

Again, I am straight out admitting this is generalizing. I am absolutely not saying every liberal is a militant. Having grown up liberal, and now being independent and disliking both parties, but living in the South, I find the liberals to be far more militant on the whole.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They are Left, not Liberal. Liberal is middle, where most Democrats are.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

How is liberal middle .... They are as middle as conservatives are. ANTIFA identify as liberals. Not all liberals are alike, not all conservatives either.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Antifa identify as Anarchists. There's an axis of ideologies all with their own names. Liberal is in the middle. Antifa is falling off the Left.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Antifa identify as Anarchists. There's an axis of ideologies all with their own names. Liberal is in the middle. Antifa is falling off the Left.

They say they are anti-fascists. Maybe I am wrong, I just do not know of them going after any liberals, they appear to target Republicans.

Salon calls them Liberals :Shrug:

www.salon.com...
edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No. Read it again. They are saying that Antifa are calling Liberals cowards.

ETA: Yes they do 'target' Conservatives as fascists, they wonder why Liberals don't.

And ffs please don't take this as any kind of defense of what's happening in Berkeley.
edit on 4/29/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No. Read it again. They are saying that Antifa are calling Liberals cowards.

I read it as saying liberals who won't fight Trump with them are as bad as Trump. But, I could have been mistaken. We can simply call them the left and not liberals. We seem to both agree on how dangerous they are I think, that's what truly matter.

Just saw your edit. I didn't take it that way at all

edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have nothing against Antifa in general but I don't support Berkeley Antifa.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I have nothing against Antifa in general but I don't support Berkeley Antifa.

As I understood all of ANTIFA is against free speech. They think they are the sole arbiter of what should be allowed.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A far as I'm aware, they mainly just counter demonstrate/march when Nazi/Neo-Nazi and other fascist groups march/demonstrate.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

According to liberal values, we are supposed to “defend to the death” the right of anyone to free speech.

This idea of free speech is sacrosanct to this version of liberalism. Anti-Fascist Action, better known as Antifa, don’t view speech in this same way.

They do not view all speech as equal and to explain this is Mark Bray, a visiting historian at Dartmouth College and author of Translating Anarchy: The Anarchism of Occupy Wall Street.

I will honestly say I don't follow them much, but what little I have read about them seems to suggest they think free speech is bad, and they have determined themselves what speech should be allowed and what should not. Only some people, and some views, should be allowed, others should not be allowed.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Can we shoot at ANTIFA yet?
So long as they are minimized by their own support system I am FINE with them trashing their own communities.
THERE own communities are too weak willed to stop them OR illegal immigration...HOPE they like an environment like CHICAGO, when the the money gets pulled from this coastal,rampant activism.
I'll be HAPPY to go to Wallmart and stand around to scare the little darlings should they ACTUALLY get here.
BUT...each and every violent attack ,paradoxically,makes vets more defensive and violent by nature.
THEY aren't a very CAPABLE movement so they are a bunch of Pattie Hurst wannabes...until the SOROS paycheck dries up.
The touchy feely popular culture we are in, protects this crap...for now.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That is someone's opinion. I've not found anything that states that all of Antifa believes in silencing hate speech.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join