It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in machete attack at KY college told Repub student 'you are safe'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Kali74

I wonder what it would be like had Hillary won?
Sometimes it's just best to keep your politics to yourself.

The exact opposite probably. That's due, in my opinion, to people caring less about the substance of their own beliefs and more about conflicting with people that down share those shallowly held beliefs.

On the whole the liberal party is far more militant than conservatives, so I think things would not be much different.

Well so much for reasonable discussion...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree fully..never would suggest he be excused..some are saying it's the mean liberals fault and I'm saying [email protected] guy was probably a bomb waiting to go off.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
He's not Muslim, so, just a loner who needs help, and look at the hypocrisy of the left blah blah etc...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I agree fully..never would suggest he be excused..some are saying it's the mean liberals fault and I'm saying [email protected] guy was probably a bomb waiting to go off.

I can't imagine that there is anyone who has never been bullied.

Buttercup needed to suck it up.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The exact opposite probably. That's due, in my opinion, to people caring less about the substance of their own beliefs and more about conflicting with people that down share those shallowly held beliefs.

On the whole the liberal party is far more militant than conservatives, so I think things would not be much different.

It's true. Liberals are far more likely to be militant. I think maybe the problem is you don't understand militant.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Apparently he was not, and his facebook has nothing violent at all in it. His articles he wrote were all about engaging in discussion. There was no hint of violence in anything he wrote from what I could find.

link   

My thoughts exactly when I read that reply.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You do realize there's a difference between the church its affiliated with and the school, right?

The school leans whichever way the students who pay to go there do. And I'd assume it changes, depending on the political climate.

ETA: I think our misunderstanding may be that I'm talking about how the student body leans, not the church its affiliated with.
edit on 29-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Swills

How in the Hell are you coming up with him being a victim? Is that because you assume all schools of higher learning are always Liberal? If so, that's really stupid.

He wasn't a victim. He created victims.

Are you going to set there and deny the outpouring of sympathy and understanding some get when they go off? You have probably done it yourself.

In the example I used, a black girl bullied for being black by white people, called names, isolated, assaulted, all for simply being black. If she assaulted a few white people people would cheer her on saying they got what they deserved.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yes, it's part of growing up, not that I don't have some sympathy for those bullied in some cases..been a few kids locally that have committed suicide due to some really bad stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You do realize there's a difference between the church its affiliated with and the school, right?

The school leans whichever way the students who pay to go there do. And I'd assume it changes, depending on the political climate.

You are the one who started talking about it being conservative because it's church affiliated. Not I.

Regardless, everything points to it being very liberal right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yes, it's part of growing up, not that I don't have some sympathy for those bullied in some cases..been a few kids locally that have committed suicide due to some really bad stuff.

Did anyone break in their house and force them to commit suicide? No? Well the liberals in this thread say suck it up, the bullies didn't do it.

Or we can both agree that those kids you knew and this kid both were bullied past the point of breaking ... and they were broken.

What this kid did is not the answer, just like suicide is not .. but when you are broken, it's hard to see that.
edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What a moron. he gave it away how to not get attacked. by saying you are also republican. sheesh i fin a situation like that LIE.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It's a tragedy when people react inwardly or outwardly because of bullying.

Whether it's suicide or murder.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You are the one who started talking about it being conservative because it's church affiliated. Not I.

Regardless, everything points to it being very liberal right now.

I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about it being conservative because it's in Kentucky. The Christian part was just describing the school, not a reason why they would be liberal or conservative.

Maybe I should have been clearer with what I was trying to say.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Perhaps it was, but now appears to be liberal.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No, that these labels and tags don't matter. Conservative, liberal, black, white,

And then you say...

I love how liberals are so against bullying ... until it's a group they don't like, then bullying is no big deal. Hypocrites.

The only hypocrite here is you.

Good day.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Sorry, I dont have the "same" sympathy for an ADULT who takes a bunch of edged weapons into a cafe to attack some women who did nothing to him, I would agree the kids who committed suicide were damaged.
I will add the kids who killed themselves wished no harm to others.
This is over f'ing politics..there was a component of sexual exploitation in the cases I was referring to.
Here is one of the cases
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

No, that these labels and tags don't matter. Conservative, liberal, black, white,

And then you say...

I love how liberals are so against bullying ... until it's a group they don't like, then bullying is no big deal. Hypocrites.

The only hypocrite here is you.

Good day.

No hypocrisy, only your limited ability to comprehend.

When it comes to bullying, the reason why they were bullied is meaningless, the tags don't matter. It's no less disgusting being bullied for being a conservative than it is for being black. Both are wrong, both will break a person.

Liberals going on and on about bullying being wrong, then suddenly don't care when it's a conservative being bullied is hypocrisy.

Hope it's simple enough now.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Adult? Kid was what, 18 when he was bullied. Away from home for the first time, new environment, it's actually a pretty delicate stage for people.

But just so we are clear, at what age does a person who commits suicide due to bullying stop mattering to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join