It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord's Resistance Army Effectively Destroyed as of 03/29/2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I really would have thought that the MSM would be proud enough of our efforts to report on this success. As of the end of March, the LRA has pretty much been reduced to a handful of holdouts hopping around in the bush without any real cohesion. Although that son of bitch Kony is still in hiding, I doubt he can avoid the inevitable. Who says we do not succeed at fighting terror? And to be honest, I was mostly in the dark about our assistance to this effort. The US forces are now shifting away from these crazy murderous CINO cultists to broader security and stability. I say we just call it a day and leave it to the AU and UN to fill in the gap. We could use the savings in defense spending.

B y U.S. Africa Command Public Affairs, United States Africa Command Mar 29, 2017
African security forces who make up the African Union - Regional Task Force against the LRA have dramatically weakened the LRA in numbers and overall effectiveness. Where the group once boasted nearly 2,000 fighters, efforts of the African security forces, with U.S. advice and assistance, have reduced the group's active membership to be estimated under 100. While its leader Joseph Kony remains in hiding, the AU-RTF has captured four of the five key LRA leaders.

It is also important to note that U.S. military effort is only but one part of the counter-LRA effort. Military operations combined with robust efforts by civilian agencies and non-governmental organizations, have resulted in defections, the capture of key LRA leaders, and decreased threats to civilian populations. As a result of this success, the USAFRICOM-led counter-LRA mission known as Operation Observant Compass, will remove U.S. military forces specifically focused on counter-LRA and transition to broader scope security and stability activities that continue the success of our African partners.

Some notable commitments towards this effort from past Presidents include
LRA: The U.S. Response -- pdf file
Statement on the Designation of 39 Organizations on the USA PATRIOT Act�s �Terrorist Exclusion List�
George W. Bush personally signed a directive to the United States Africa Command to provide assistance financially and logistically to the Ugandan government
U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act

So, I guess the war on terror has its victories after all.
edit on 4-28-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not a one huh? Is this even visible??? How could it not be good news?? A terror group has pretty much been taken out. The world condemned these atrocities, and now the ones responsible have been defeated. Lets give credit to the war on terror guys, it got one.
Honestly I think there should be a commitment by this new congress, that before we proceed on new fronts, we conclude 2. Central Africa mineral region has some temporary relief now. I bet there are already droid bots on the ground and flying around out there.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So, I guess the war on terror has its victories after all.

Perhaps because this religious cult didn't have nearly 2 billion members.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle
Really there is a single religious cult with 2 billion members? Could you cite one for me???

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: 0racle
Really there is a single religious cult with 2 billion members? Could you cite one for me???

I thought you viewed all religions as cults, in some fashion or another..

However, I think the previous member was meaning Islam, as a cult.

Islam is more of a Theocracy then a religion, and a dangerous one at that.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis
I never really expressed that parallel , but I could see it being applicable in some cases. I am not very religious at all, but believe it or not I do revere and respect them to a degree. I certainly am no Atheist however, thats just being a hopeless dreadful downer in my book.

you know that bastard is still on the loose. He may turn up with a new militia if we do not keep a sharp ear with our ground assets. Damn jungles and #, hide all kinds of filth.
edit on 11-26-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's been an impotent, powerless force since 2008 as terror groups go.

Nobody unfamiliar with the second Congo war would even know about it without that ridiculous and entirely unwarranted Kony 2012 thing

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
Oh come on man, don't take this away! We need a clear victory somewhere in this damn chapter, or the entire WOT is pointless! I don't even care if we accidentally nuke the whole ME, as long as we can claim this victory the entire WOT was worth it.

new topics

top topics

join