It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a prayer almost instantly answered?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Glad to hear everything is working out, wishing you and yours only the best.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Kids are the hardest because you want everything good for them...keep praying. Micky and Donald will still be there.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

I have been blessed with many things in my life, many like health and peace have come to me through prayer. Not that I don't have issues and problems - we all do. Your post reminded me to give it over to God. God listens. Maybe try again?

Not that you were asking, but I included you (and others here) in my prayers for today.

Peace be with you.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin
a reply to: underwerks

TOLJA! BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, CANNOT WAIT FOREVER!!! BTW, YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE HELL I ENDURED AS A SMALL CHILD A.K.A. 'INNOCENT', AND I STILL WANTED NOTHING BUT GOOD FOR OTHERS. FINALLY WOKE UP TO NOTHING TOO MANY TIMES AND SAID "F*** IT!"

I'm just a random idiot on the internet, but here's my advice, for what it's worth.

All those bad things that happened to you, that anger, that negative energy, let it go.

Everything. Just let it go.

The past only controls us if we let it. I believe holding on to those negative feelings and energy blocks positive things from coming into our lives.

Spread love, concentrate on that, and things will fall into place. You may have to force it at first, but that's part of the struggle.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Have you ever had a prayer almost instantly answered?
?

Yes.

Back when I had my restaurants there was this miserable woman who used to come in alone, eat lunch and constantly berate the wait staff. After one particularly obnoxious display I finally had enough and told her to never return. She promptly cursed me out, tossed me some cash to cover the bill and waddled her fat, despicable ass outside to her car.

At that point I prayed to the Sweet Baby Jesus and said, 'God, if you really are God, you will make this horrible excuse for a human being fall on her face on top of the hot pavement.' And guess what? She did. It was instantaneous.

Now, after God had mercifully answered my prayer, I did go out with a chair and a glass of water to ask if she needed help after his just smiting but she, being an evil witch to the last, declined.

True story.

edit on 28-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Armaments 2:9-21 And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats...

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have a very direct experience with God answering a prayer instantly for me. When it happened I was amazed and it absolutely made me a believer. I was just a young teenager and I didn't have all that many things, but well taken care of. One thing I did have that I really loved was a small TV in my room my father had given me. One day it quit working, not displaying the normal picture, but a green screen on every channel. Everything I tried to fix it was for not and it made me really sad. I just enjoyed having it on as I fell to sleep and something to do in my room. It remained broken for about two to three months until one night that would change my perspective on how God answers prayer.

So one night I went to take a shower and started praying to God, "I know this is probably the most trivial thing someone could ask for, but God could you please fix my T.V. for me? I know there are people in the world who need bigger things than my T.V. being fixed, but if you would fix it for me I would be so grateful and know you are there for me forever." I prayed like this for about 10 minutes in the shower. I finished up, got out and went to the T.V. half expecting to keep seeing the same green screen. I slowly pressed the power button and to my surprise, a perfectly color picture of my favorite channel. Needless to say I was STUNNED, my prayer had actually worked and he answered it immediately. From that day forward I have never doubted the existence of God. He will talk to you if you open your heart up to him and give you many gifts over the course of your life, until the day comes when you join him again. His love and mercy are real, he understands you more than you understand yourself and I love Him and his son Jesus with all my heart, Amen!

I find that God loves a beautiful genuine prayer from the heart. I find that the classical prayers are good too, but he loves when you just open your heart and talk to him, pray to him, praise him in the best words that come to mind. I find those get answered the most, you can of course use classical prayers too, they're a great way to pray and show respect, but nothing beats a brand new, genuine call for Him, he will answer if you ask from your heart and not your head. I hope this short post means something to someone else. God Bless!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I had something similar happen a few months ago.

My husband and I live on a fixed income, and we're extremely frugal, but always looking for better ways to really stretch our income to it's maximum potential.

Anyway, long story short I get a notice from the DMV to renew my Drivers License. Funny thing is we don't have a car and the DL is mainly for identification purposes. Ok, so no big deal...except that the state I live in is now charging a $40 renewal fee for an extended number of years before you have to renew again. Same price for ID cards, but on the off chance I need to drive for some reason, I'd prefer to have my DL up to date.

$40 may not same like a lot for most, but for us it's a really big deal.

My husband and I walked six miles round trip to the DMV and got the new license, trying not to think about the extra expense that month and the scrambling we'd have to do to make up for it. Deep down inside I was really worried about how we were going to get enough groceries that month. My husband has simply resigned himself to our fate.

The next day I'm picking up a few essentials from the grocery store (milk, cereal and bread) and was heading back home through the parking lot and by random chance I look down and see some folded bills on the ground unattended and with no one around.

Without a moments hesitation I swooped it up and put it in my pocket and said a silent "thank you" to the Universe.

When I got home and unfolded it, it was two twenties.

Through that little miracle of chance we were able to get the Drivers License and groceries that month.

My husband viewed our good fortune differently, taking the approach that someone else had suffered a loss and wasn't able to buy their groceries that month. Because of this, and knowing far to well how it feels to be hungry and broke almost all the time, I firmly resolved that if I ever get to the point where money isn't as much of a dire issue as it is now, I will be that person who Pays It Forward whenever someone is in genuine distress.

I've had other minor miracles, such as asking for a sign I was on the right path or if I was still being watched over and doing good on my personal journey through life and found symbolic items in my path that wouldn't have much significance to others (pens, wrenches, and other assorted oddities) and they mean a lot more to me than than I could ever express.

Money is always a real big deal though, as it's the most versatile tool in this day and age.

But such things do have a way of happening, glad you got your iPod back!

May your future continue to unfold with Unexpected Blessings!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

God works in mysterious ways.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yes indeedy. I sacrificed a goat and two chickens in his honor that night as thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes indeedy. I sacrificed a goat and two chickens in his honor that night as thanks.

I heard God particularly loves chicken. Which is why everything tastes like it.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not everything. Something taboo tastes like pork.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

That's amazing. It's a crazy feeling when it happens right in front of you.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not everything. Something taboo tastes like pork.

Nobody's perfect

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Nobody's perfect

Hello Underwerks, I'm Nobody.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I am truly sorry that you do not get it. I have tried doing just as you suggested, and, in retrospect, my extreme kindheartedness was taken advantage of and my pockets slowly emptied until I could not help anyone, least of all myself. Never being hateful or angry while doing so, I have scrounged out of dumpsters rather than beg or otherwise impose myself on others, yet I was the problem? I would walk downtown once a week to the local 'sally' to get a shower, not wanting to steal water from others. I would pick oranges off neglected trees (where it was legal to do so) on city property to supplement my diet of day-old dumpster doughnuts. Never begged because I considered it an unnecessary imposition on others, given my ability to 'survive'. As a society, people are cruel. You never know until you are 'underfoot'.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Thank you, more than you'll ever know!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Ok.

My son was born with a congenital heart defect called HLHS. The left pumping chamber was not functional and we were told that he needed three open heart surgeries so they could stage a palliative solution without which he would die. It was so bad when they first saw it on ultrasound that the doc wasn't sure he would be born. The first time they saw it, the doc wasn't even sure of the diagnosis given how bad it looked, with a large sac of fluid around the heart.

I prayed for him then, and sent as much "healing energy" as I could to that little boy. I wish I could say he's been completely cured but the next untrasound showed the sac of fluid gone and the heart looking better, but the damage and scar tissue were already done. The surgeries could go forward.

Flash ahead to him at six months old. He's had two surgeries already and we are waiting to see when we should do the third one. He goes into massive heart failure. We rush him to the big hospital four hours away to see what can be done. He's in the ICU for over a week, unable to wean off the meds keeping him alive. They get me to fill out heart transplant permissions. Finally one of the docs said that they thought he might not make it and it all clicked, the social worker coming to visit, the chaplain, etc. why they didn't give it to me straight sooner I didn't know. I went to my car and cried a storm. I had been there alone with my husband four hours away and caring for our child with autism. It had been a total of ten days in the PICU.

As an aside, I had run out of money completely and has just given my last dollar for a cup of coffee. Then someone I first met, also a mom of a patient, handed me an envelope. She said "this is Gods money. He wants you to have it. ". I told her I had literally just spent my last dollar and wouldn't have anything more in my account for another week until I got paid and then most of that went to pay bills. It was $100.

Back to the car. I was crying heavily as I had been keeping it together for the whole time we had been there. I sent my anguish up to whomever might be listening and said very clearly " you say to ask, so I'm asking. I want him to live. I want my boy to live."

They did one more ultrasound a couple days later, and to their surprise, my son had started to recover function. It was kind of a miracle.

Flash forward to now, we are in a delicate / bad place again. But I have hope. I do however need to keep my health insurance, so you can imagine what I'm praying for now.

AB

Hugs and I will also pray for you both!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Don't think for a second you're the only one going through that type of thing. I've been homeless at one time too. I've been a junkie at one point, too.

A lot of those times were hard beyond belief, but I wouldn't trade them and the lessons I learned for any amount of money. I've seen more love and consideration for fellow human beings in what is supposed to be the worst element of society than I ever did in what passes for polite society these days.

Nothing any of us go through is permanent, even though it may seem that way at the time. If there's one thing I understand all too well, it's desperation.

Sending all the positive energy your way I can. I sincerely hope the clouds break for you soon, and eventually, if you believe they will, they will.
edit on 28-4-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Once found a wallet stuffed with cash like I'd never seen before outside a grocery store in AZ. I could of used the money too, but couldn't take it, I kept trying to give it to a cart person, and he kept saying no this is yours.

So not only could I not keep it; I had to walk back in store, with my groceries melting in the 115 degree avg heat, because cart dude wouldn't bring it in for me.

I once prayed to god to help me when I was in a very deadly situation and it was divine intervention imo that did.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I once prayed to god to help me when I was in a very deadly situation and it was divine intervention imo that did.

Can't say I 'prayed', but I sensed something telling me 'Don't do it!' as I had a loaded .25 auto to my temple in my early 20's. I started to put the gun down, and, as I was RELEASING the trigger, it went off. To this day, I still don't know what I was saved for. BTW, no, I would not make such an attempt again. What's the old saying, 'Suffering is good for the soul'? I must have a VERY fine soul by now!

edit on 4/28/2017 by WAstateMosin because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join