It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a prayer almost instantly answered?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok, here's my weird story:

Years ago when I was living in L.A. going to the Los Angeles Recording School for a degree in Audio Engineering, I was living the broke student life. I only had money for bills, not very good food (ramen, peanut butter, cheap lunch meat, that kind of thing), and maybe enough to go out once every two weeks.

I was in one of my bad weeks, where I hardly even had enough to eat. I had gone 3 days without food, and I was starving. So, I broke down and decided to pawn an IPod touch I had gotten as a Christmas present. I go to the pawn shop, and they let me take out a "loan" on it, which means they'll give me a lower cash value for it, but I can come and get it back by a certain date.

So, a month or two later I get an automated text telling me it's time to pick my IPod up or I'm going to lose it. Of course, once again, I'm broke. I start feeling bad because it was a present from my family, who I missed a lot at the time being all alone out on the west coast. It also had a bunch of music on it I had made and if I lost it, I would never be able to get it back.

So I start praying, asking God to please help me get my IPod back. I needed $73 to get it out of the pawn shop, and I prayed and prayed. Feeling kind of depressed I was about to lose it to the pawn shop, I decided to just take a walk.

I spent probably two hours just walking around back alleys in Los Angeles, gang graffiti everywhere, broken bottles, passed out winos, and then I turn down an alley behind some houses that was kind of a back way to my apartment.

As I'm walking down the alley, still feeling down, I'm staring at the ground. Looking to my left I notice something green laying on the gravel. I walk over and its a wad of money. I pick it up, and it's $73 EXACTLY. I'm in disbelief because that's exactly what I needed and had asked for, and $73 is such a random amount to find on the street.

I thanked God, and went and got my IPod out of hock.

I know that sounds crazy, but it really happened.

Anyone else have a prayer answered right in front of you before?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not crazy at all. This happens to me a whole lot. Although I don't pray to anyone. I just state very clearly what I need and ask to be shown the path that will lead me to it. Whatever energies are in play right now are very favorable for these little miracles, too. Just remember to always pay it forward.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And for the second time this happened to me:

Fast forward a few years and I'm living in San Francisco, working at an art school (Academy of Art SF) and living in an apartment over a fruit market in Chinatown. It was a pretty crappy job, so I still didn't have that much money.

I had been a few days without food again, and the smell of all the fresh fruit and food that Chinatown is known for wafting in my window made the hunger even worse. So I decided to pray. I asked God to help me find some food, somehow someway. Any way, I didn't care I was so hungry. I decided to go for another walk.

I get halfway down the street, think to myself how big of an idiot I am for expecting some food to fall out of the sky and feed me, and turn around, feeling even more depressed, and start walking back to my apartment.

And as I round the corner I had walked past no more than 30 seconds earlier, there's a loaf of bread just sitting on top of a newspaper box. It was even still warm. I snatch it up, run back to my apartment, and to this day it's the best meal I've ever had. I have no idea why, it was just a loaf of bread. But after I ate it, I felt amazing. Maybe it was because of the hunger, maybe something else. I don't know.

Those are my two weird experiences. I'm a lot more careful about what I pray about these days, because somebody just may be listening to you.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I'm not religious at all. To me, religion is just the framework man has built around the experience of the divine, in an effort to try to understand it. Which has been perverted by man over the ages.

Religion and God aren't the same thing to me. Whether just energy or someone in the sky, I don't know. All I know is that there is SOMETHING there.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I once did something very stupid and it had a great impact on a person very close to me. That person literally didn't even want to look me in the eyes out of disappointment and anger.

I cried out to God with intense remorse I begged him fix this situation for me because I f* up big time.

Next day, I swear to God that person treated me more kindly than before I committed that extremely stupid act. I don't feel confortable to tell you what exactly I did but I can assure you it isn't something you can forgive some1 overnight.

Prayers works, if done sincerely.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I know this sounds crazy (because i am) but the whole of reality warps in way, so i get where i need to be, and gives me what i want, or need. Its frigging awesome, Yog Sothoth really likes me.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

Considering how many promises I've broken to God over the years, I'm genuinely surprised anyone up there would still listen to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you ask the authors, and you need something, they will arrange it so you can get what you need when you need it. If you have no faith in a higher being that is creating this, then they will not help you.

The authors are not the creators of this reality, they just oversee it and can actually control how things play out. I should not be here, I have experienced things that went against science's information about innertia. There were other forces at play counteracting what happened on a few occasions in my life. You may call them angels, I call them authors because they can change the script and our history by altering things in the past. Time means nothing to them. It is not a glitch in the matrix.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

Maybe certain ideas focus what our mind is capable of and allow it to physically manifest?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If you ask the authors, and you need something, they will arrange it so you can get what you need when you need it. If you have no faith in a higher being that is creating this, then they will not help you.

The authors are not the creators of this reality, they just oversee it and can actually control how things play out. I should not be here, I have experienced things that went against science's information about innertia. There were other forces at play counteracting what happened on a few occasions in my life. You may call them angels, I call them authors because they can change the script and our history by altering things in the past. Time means nothing to them. It is not a glitch in the matrix.

That's a cool way to look at it. The "Authors". I should be dead as well. I've escaped from car accidents and other things where I should have been instantly killed, but somehow I came out without a scratch.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My grandfather was dying from advanced COPD. He was on his death bed, and was struggling to breathe for hours, so I asked God to end his pain and take him home. He died smiling when I said "amen".

I miss my grandfather, but his passing was not bitter. It may not seem like much to others, but I am convinced that God heard my prayer.
edit on 28-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Dear God, if you are listening, I need the million dollars back in my 401K account that went missing after the year 2000. Also, while you are at it, please return 1/2 of the money my first wife took from our joint checking account before we split up. And also, please give my second wife a million dollars. She deserves it.
Yours Truly

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

My grandfather was dying from advanced COPD. He was on his death bed, and was struggling to breathe for hours, so I asked God to end his pain and take him home. He died smiling when I said "amen".

I miss my grandfather, but his passing was not bitter. It may not seem like much to others, but I am convinced that God heard my prayer.

I believe you. I know these are just words on the internet that are hard to believe for some people, but it's a whole different thing when you experience it right in front of you.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yes. I prayed to win the lottery and bingo. Won a tenner.

In all seriousness, it is possible that the relationship between the cause and effect is coincidental. That is, if you say a prayer and it is answered, than it could well have happened if you had not have prayed. I can be cynical like that.

That said I think that prayer does help and does have an effect, but often the effect is difficult to perceive or link. A complex area where atheists don't inhabit and people struggle to prove.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thanks.
I was amazed when it happened. And so relieved that his suffering was over that it out weighed the sadness that comes with losing loved ones.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That's true, it could be coincidence. But what are the odds I'd find the exact amount I needed randomly on the street, right when I needed it after praying. And such a random amount, $73.

It boggles my mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

On a less serious not, my first prayer ever was that my 7th grade English teacher would be taken out from class for a while. She was horrible. She lived to humiliate and psychologically abuse children, and I needed a break from it. Literally the next day was the beginning of an unexplained two month absence on her part. I don't know if she got sick or what, but when she got back, she was a lot more respectful. I never asked for anything bad to be done to her, just that she disappear for a while.

I spoke that prayer just after my grandmother taught me how to pray.

1) Use 1John1:9 first to establish fellowship.

2) Submitt praise and/or pettition addressed to the Father.

3) Close prayer asking in Christ's name.

4) Amen, means an acknowledgment that you have faith in God's ability to handle the issue.

I couldn't believe it when it happened. I was in shock.

edit on 28-4-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ok.

My son was born with a congenital heart defect called HLHS. The left pumping chamber was not functional and we were told that he needed three open heart surgeries so they could stage a palliative solution without which he would die. It was so bad when they first saw it on ultrasound that the doc wasn't sure he would be born. The first time they saw it, the doc wasn't even sure of the diagnosis given how bad it looked, with a large sac of fluid around the heart.

I prayed for him then, and sent as much "healing energy" as I could to that little boy. I wish I could say he's been completely cured but the next untrasound showed the sac of fluid gone and the heart looking better, but the damage and scar tissue were already done. The surgeries could go forward.

Flash ahead to him at six months old. He's had two surgeries already and we are waiting to see when we should do the third one. He goes into massive heart failure. We rush him to the big hospital four hours away to see what can be done. He's in the ICU for over a week, unable to wean off the meds keeping him alive. They get me to fill out heart transplant permissions. Finally one of the docs said that they thought he might not make it and it all clicked, the social worker coming to visit, the chaplain, etc. why they didn't give it to me straight sooner I didn't know. I went to my car and cried a storm. I had been there alone with my husband four hours away and caring for our child with autism. It had been a total of ten days in the PICU.

As an aside, I had run out of money completely and has just given my last dollar for a cup of coffee. Then someone I first met, also a mom of a patient, handed me an envelope. She said "this is Gods money. He wants you to have it. ". I told her I had literally just spent my last dollar and wouldn't have anything more in my account for another week until I got paid and then most of that went to pay bills. It was $100.

Back to the car. I was crying heavily as I had been keeping it together for the whole time we had been there. I sent my anguish up to whomever might be listening and said very clearly " you say to ask, so I'm asking. I want him to live. I want my boy to live."

They did one more ultrasound a couple days later, and to their surprise, my son had started to recover function. It was kind of a miracle.

Flash forward to now, we are in a delicate / bad place again. But I have hope. I do however need to keep my health insurance, so you can imagine what I'm praying for now.

AB
edit on 28-4-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Wow. What an amazing story, thanks for sharing. You are definitely being watched over. I wish I could give that post 10 stars.

It seems sometimes it takes us being at our lowest to realize something higher is watching over us.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Glad you got your iPod back

I believe you it's happened to me in different ways..Last was over a month ago and after paying bills, tobacco,food, etc I've almost no money left and wanted to go out with my friends in the town, hadn't been out for ages, i mean ages and wanted to catch up...I was saying in my mind (I'd really love to go out with them tonight) over and over then my uncle phoned me out the blue wanted me do do chores for him..

Thought
yeah i'll do that and hopefully get enough for a few pints, done some gardening, put stuff in the loft etc he gave me £10 so thought that's ok a few drinks, got back to town a little later than i wanted (not a problem) stood having a smoke outside and some dude had broken ​down just across the road, went over to help out and it was just a flat tire, fixed it for him (15 minutes) then was crossing the road and he ran over and gave me £50 for helping him..i was like thanks very much you just made my night...Ok not quite a prayer but worked out from almost nothing.

edit on 28 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join