It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians pay more for Australian gas than the Japanese do.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
You will pay whatever price they say and all we'll ever do is complain about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The last time we had a gas crisis in the US (after Hurricane Katrina took out the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico) I recall hearing somewhere that only about 40% of the price of gas was in the cost of extracting & refining the oil. The rest is taxes.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Interesting Thread, but I think you should figure out how much "TAX" you pay for your gas....

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The cost of fuel around the world depends as much on the amount of taxes leveled upon each gallon/liter than as does the basic cost of the fuel.

I guess you are taking into account that Australia has tons of more roadways than does tiny Japan and the upkeep of those structures are expensive?

The costs of the roads are covered by other taxes and registrations.

It is the state governments resposibility to upkeep the roads and i believe most of the money comes from registration.

The 40% tax or so we pay on the fuel goes to the federal government.

Federal revenue from road transport-related activities is added to the general revenue pool and is not earmarked for road infrastructure expenditure. Rather, expenditure under the various funding programs is appropriated as part of the annual budget process. In addition to federal, state, and local revenue, private sector investment is also a source of funding for some roads, and three states maintain networks of toll roads.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Interesting Thread, but I think you should figure out how much "TAX" you pay for your gas....

source

Too much, but not as much as other countries apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join