It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You make some interesting points nameless , I do not have children thankfully and live happily alone in my Hermit heaven so i do not get caught up in family life like most my age .

And my family line is short lived on both sides , so i knew from a early age to enjoy life as much as possible without going totally over the top .

I was more concerned by a full washing basket and over flowing bin when phoning the ambulance than i was about facing death , i even cleaned up while having a major heart attack , Which sounds crazy now and gave all my friends a laugh when i told them .

But the totally abject lack of interest in nearly passing away does bother me , I am not religious in the church sense but totally get the first law in thermodynamics view on life , so maybe that comforts me

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Groot you sound like my type of guy
enjoy every day like it is our last

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I do know that getting old sucks,go to Drs ,1st thing is quit smoking,quit eating junk food,cut down on coffee,take these pills every 4 hrs,then take these before bedtime,then one in the morning when you wake up,i reality your in the last years of life,question is do you want to spend final years going thru withdrawals of your lifetime vices,or go out with a smile on your face,sad comparison but a true one,I am too am in that boat,quit drinking about 30 yrs ago,but hard quitting smoking,remember my mom when in 30's Dr told her if she didn't quit smoking she wouldn't live another 10 yrs,my mom told him "if I quit,I won't want to live another 10 yrs",she died at 78,and not from respitory disease,and yes she had a smile on her face

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Congratulations on outrunning the Reaper!
I think smoking tobacco as got to be a major issue, don't you?
Folks react to a near death experience differently for sure.
My children's father (46) has had an opposite reaction to his than you. Some changes for the good, some not so good but, he has decided to party like a rock star and go out with a bang I think.
Some good changes, IMO, are he is finally ready to be more honest and seek out things that he wants to do and will make him happier. He would like to become more physically active although he has a physically active job, that is not pleasure. Physical problems keep him from being physical in other ways, like exercise, the track, hiking etc.
I only hope that he continues with his meds, eating healthier as that maybe will offset the other medical issues and extend his life (my nagging in those regards will either help or put him in an earlier grave! LOL). I really wish he were able to quit smoking but, his friends and social circle all smoke and it seems to be a constant thread between them. I hope he is able to stick it out for his daughters.
I'm not facing those medical issues so, I can't speak on how I would react.
I wish you the best of luck, truly.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

The only thing i have trouble quitting is the smoking , years ago i had a nicoteen patch on each arm a roll up in one hand and a joint in the other i am that dedicated to the tobacco god

Quitting drinking was easy and i do not miss it one bit and try and eat healthy , Our mothers sound much alike mine is 72 and smokes like a chimney 40-60 a day

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

If i had children i would be a totally different person and would do things very differently than i am now for them rather than me .

Maybe a vape device might get him off the tobacco

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
If i had children i would be a totally different person and would do things very differently than i am now for them rather than me .
Maybe a vape device might get him off the tobacco

I dunno I think we've tried just about everything. The girls even tried shaming (sort of) by saying his apartment stinks, clothes, truck etc. You know. It really has him. He's smoked since age 14, full on, probably starting rolling cigs for his parents around 12, one for them two for him type of thing.
I don't give up though, LOL. I think one to want to quit or all of the things I buy will continue to sit in the closet.
Thanks for responding!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I was just laughing with a friend on the phone last night about my heart attack , what amazed me while i was getting carted away was how much my sense of smell came back i could smell the oil from the kitchen clearly , i have not had a sense of smell like that since i was very young kid it shocked me how strong things smelled

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I was more concerned by a full washing basket and over flowing bin when phoning the ambulance than i was about facing death , i even cleaned up while having a major heart attack , Which sounds crazy now and gave all my friends a laugh when i told them .

I so understand that

But for a totally stress-free heart attack, make sure you're wearing clean knickers.
Glad you survived, be well.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

You had that parents as well berenike , They did not bother about road safety but skid marks were a no no , probably why i went commando for so long in my life .

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Throw the smokes away.

Get better.
Get moving anyway you can.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Groot

Groot you sound like my type of guy
enjoy every day like it is our last

Best way to live , man. People get so uptight about life.

Then, one day you get hit by a bus.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You make some interesting points nameless , I do not have children thankfully and live happily alone in my Hermit heaven so I was more concerned by a full washing basket and over flowing bin when phoning the ambulance than i was about facing death , i even cleaned up while having a major heart attack , Which sounds crazy now and gave all my friends a laugh when i told them

Interesting thing, that.
Perhaps it is our momentary priorities that sometimes take precedence.
Like Jake Ventura in 'Predator' "I ain't got time to die!"
I drove off the local mountain, glissading on some black ice.
Ragtop Jeep Wrangler.
I flew 100 feet straight down before hitting trees, one was finally large enough to stop us.
I crawled straight up the mountainside, which was soft earth.
After reaching the top, the cops and ambulance was there, and wanted to haul me to the ER.
I had to get home and make dinner for Boopsie, so I declined their offer.
We called someone to come get us.
Next day Boopsie talked me into going to the ER.
6 broken ribs
1 shattered vertebrae
contusions...
But first things first, had to take care of Boopsie! *__-

But the totally abject lack of interest in nearly passing away does bother me ,

Why?
Gotta find some means to be miserable?

I am not religious in the church sense but totally get the first law in thermodynamics view on life , so maybe that comforts me

If energy/matter cannot be created or destroyed, in the classic 'quantum leap', where does the electron 'leaping' energy levels go when it vanishes from one energy level, and where does the other one come from that suddenly appears on the next energy level?
Now that we can watch the electron, we find no 'leap' of one electron, but the vanishing of one and appearing of another.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Anyone else feel the same after having a similar thing happen to them , And if you changed any part of your life in the process .

While not being potentially fatal ( apart from the operation ) i had a Aortic Bifemoral (Aortobifemoral) Bypass operation . Yep caused by smoking . Just to prove they have not cured stupid yet lit up shortly after getting out . Stupid stupid stupid . BTW this also causes leg pain , severe leg pain so it might pay to check it out in your case .

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The leg pain has been a problem for many months with me , after a 1/3 mile walk i would need to sit down due to the pain , but since the heart attacks it is nowhere near as bad when i am out walking i am glad to report , maybe some thing about the injection to break up the clots ?

But smoking needs to go but is harder than i thought

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You make some interesting points nameless , I do not have children thankfully and live happily alone in my Hermit heaven so i do not get caught up in family life like most my age .

And my family line is short lived on both sides , so i knew from a early age to enjoy life as much as possible without going totally over the top .

But the totally abject lack of interest in nearly passing away does bother me , I am not religious in the church sense but totally get the first law in thermodynamics view on life , so maybe that comforts me

Just a lol update on this dying in a house with dishes in the sink carpets needing a hoover is less of a bother than kicking the bucket with a pet when you live alone because after a few days you become a salvation army food parcel num num

Less than 1 in 10 people who phone for a ambulance in the UK for a heart attack live , 25 % who do are dead within the first year , should have done the lottery .

Close one on Friday Death close but i smoked that cigar not you

yours Stoner Will

posted on Apr, 24 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dear death

I am still here just a short update to tell you you suck at your job ,5 years later and I am still going and have not stopped smoking or doing anything I was not up to before,I have cut back on the booze a fair bit but everything else is still as normal .

97 % percent of people who survived 6 heart attacks/infractions in exactly a calendar year would be dead by now according to a cardiologist I spoke with and even 1 heart attack will only leave between 5-7 people per hundred alive and after 1 year 25 % of them are dead .

So GFY death I am sitting here with a cigar and a glass of whisky

Dear death still got the care factor of 0 ,be seeing you but not today

Love and xxxxs.

Yours Stoner William

posted on Apr, 20 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

6 years later and still here god knows how ,because I never stopped smoking or changed much but over the years since April seems to be a weird month for my health !??? Three years ago I exactly I thought it was time up and could not even get a ambulance or doctor as they all seemed very afraid of a virus that happened to be going around ,do not turn up at the hospital or you will be turned away I was told WTF .

Long story short death , I am still here , I never became a salvation army food parcel sitting in the computer chair for my dog . But I saw the real face of health care first hand that day .

Still smoking

posted on Apr, 20 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Still here Death

I really have used up my nine lives and then some ,

I think they may need to shoot me to get rid of me but bring plenty of bullets

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join