It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Schrodinger's Cat. Maybe Death is a Quantum Event.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This idea comes from a dream i had.
"I had asked God what happened to Aborted Babies when they die, and i was taken to a place that seemed like a void, and all throughout the void there were Schrodingers Cats flying around in straight lines, With Newborn Babies crying in their cradles for as far as the eye can see."

"I Had asked about God, And i was told that Jesus is Schrodinger's Cat."

I Thought about this dream for the longest time.

ill tell you about Schrodinger's Cat.
Schrödinger's cat is a thought experiment, sometimes described as a paradox, devised by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1935.[1] It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects. The scenario presents a cat that may be simultaneously both alive and dead, a state known as a quantum superposition, as a result of being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. The thought experiment is also often featured in theoretical discussions of the interpretations of quantum mechanics.

"The quantum-mechanical "Schrödinger's cat" paradox according to the many-worlds interpretation. In this interpretation, every event is a branch point. The cat is both alive and dead—regardless of whether the box is opened—but the "alive" and "dead" cats are in different branches of the universe that are equally real but cannot interact with each other."

en.wikipedia.org...

"Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other"

In 1957, Hugh Everett formulated the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, which does not single out observation as a special process. In the many-worlds interpretation, both alive and dead states of the cat persist after the box is opened, but are decoherent from each other. In other words, when the box is opened, the observer and the possibly-dead cat split into an observer looking at a box with a dead cat, and an observer looking at a box with a live cat. But since the dead and alive states are decoherent, there is no effective communication or interaction between them

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Pretty sure God woulda said let that cat out of the box and stop trying to nuke it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You could be correct or you could be wrong, Schrödinger said so.

I do admit you do have a very good way of thinking about the paradox of all things.
edit on 25 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

You know that's all just as pointless as musing about how many angles dance on the point of a needle?
The many world's would have had a valid point if the Higgs would have had a mass of more than 140GeV, but it doesn't. So it's not even in theory a possibility.
Besides I never liked it all the energy that it would have taken to split and split and split...every decision point it would have made our reality a void.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is such an interesting subject! Thanks for sharing it, but since I can't reach a conclusion, I'll just keep my thoughts inside the box (which is my head btw lol)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

So basically everyone is both alive and dead at the same time. 2 years ago I decided to do something that killed me but currently I'm alive because I also decided not to do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I bet She giggled when You asked Her....

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

What isn't a quantum event.

or equally, what is a quantum event?

Surely they both are and aren't.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

God talks to us through experimental error. God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature just one step beyond our full comprehension.

Just like with a vinyl record player, you can completely understand the physics, you can represent it all with mathematics, the grooves in the record, the way the needle works, the way the speaker works can all be described with mathematics. But with all that math, with all that representation with language, you STILL can't hear the music.

The same is true with God. You can have a complete mathematical representation for the multi-verse to the point where every quantum event is realized and documented with precise mathematical language. BUT, you STILL can't experience the mind of God.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
String theory rhythm, 11 dimensions, multiverses, and the double slit experiment explaining observation changes, who knows what. Science is now becoming as hard to believe as religion
Schrodinger's cat is either dead or alive, perception is not the truth

www.youtube.com...
Forgive the corny cartoon character explaining the concept — at least he knows his stuff
edit on 25-4-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You have a few different scenarios and archetypes mixed in that dream.

When you describe where God took took you too see where all the aborted babies go after they die, it looks like lot like the old Catholic version of Limbo - where all children who died before they were baptised were sent after death.

Then you have events/dream thoughts related to QT right on the heels of that. Many people still have a hard time wrapping their heads around various aspects of quantum theory, and to make matters more confusing, the further you look into the "physical" descriptions of QT phenomena, the closer you get to the world of metaphysics, which drives some science folks berserk.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that drives science folks crazy is fine by me. It is when a really smart person is in that agitated state, that great discoveries or insights are made.

Conflict is enormously helpful when it comes to great leaps in understanding in the world of physics.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Dreams may be closer to reality & reality may just be a dream.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It makes sense for life/death to be a quantum event if you consider the meaning of life.

The meaning of life is to witness the universe. Life is a manifestation of the universe and vise-versa.

So, when we are "here", we are also "there"...quantum...ethereal.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Quanta, counting.

Something has to be counted. What if its uncountable? Numbers arent things. As seconds are merely divisions of a whole, electrons mark seams between division. Particles are a sample rate...
edit on 26-4-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: Typo

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
Schrödinger's cat is ... described as a paradox,... It illustrates what he saw as the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects.

Synonyms for "paradox" from thesaurus.com:

contradiction/error/mistake/nonsense

Synonym for "error" (under the heading "falsehood"):

deceit
deception
dishonesty
fable
falsity
fiction
story
tale
untruth
lie

Schrödinger was right. Parts of the so-called "Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics" as well as many of the other interpretations that were suggested after Schrödinger presented his paradox as a problem are wrong/false/erronuous. There is no Schrödinger's cat in any imaginary/fictional (multi-)universe or real universe. End of story/tale/myth. I wish...(along with Newton rolling over in his grave and face-palming).

As in Mathematicks, so in Natural Philosophy, the Investigation of difficult Things by the Method of Analysis, ought ever to precede the Method of Composition. This Analysis consists in making Experiments and Observations, and in drawing general Conclusions from them by Induction, and admitting of no Objections against the Conclusions, but such as are taken from Experiments, or other certain Truths. For Hypotheses are not to be regarded in experimental Philosophy.
- Isaac Newton (from Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica)

Regardless if you try to sneak them past people by calling them interpretations or (scientific) theories.
Erwin Schrödinger - Wikipedia:

Schrödinger wrote about the probability interpretation of quantum mechanics, saying: "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
Legacy
To this day, Schrödinger is known as the father of quantum mechanics.

One might want to consider actually understanding what he's saying rather than only hearing what one wants to hear (and if necessary misunderstanding, misinterpreting or twisting it to hear, register, remember, emphasize or focus only on what one wants to hear). 2 Timothy 4:3,4:

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the beneficial teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories* [Greek: "my'thos" NIV: "myths" KJV: "fables"].

*: Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”

1 Timothy 6:20:

20 Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.”* [Latin: "scientia" KJV: "science"]

Addition to the earlier point I made cause this point is a little harder to swallow, people tend to demonstrate the "will not put up with" part of 2Ti 4:3,4:

Parts of the so-called "Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics" as well as many of the other interpretations that were suggested after Schrödinger presented his paradox as a problem are wrong/false/erronuous (and impossible as models for reality because they are self-contradictory; see synonyms for self-contradictory such as "false/incorrect/irrational/unscientific/invalid"). Invalid as proposed models or supposedly correct, reliable or possible interpretations of reality.
edit on 27-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
the shrodingers cat scenario has always struck me as a little odd. wouldnt it make more sense if the odds were inversely proportionate? at time goes on, probability slowly tips from one likelihood to the other instead of staying equal. after a couple weeks in that poisonous box i think it is pretty safe to assume the cat is dead regardless of what shrodinger wants to speculate.
edit on 4-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I like numbers a lot, I feel I want to blame my teachers, for not having made math more fun, but I love to learn more in the ream of quantum, sound complicated but maybe not. I have to do this. I just need to see how it works, any channel, chat room for that?

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Screw shrodingers cat... it was a biology experiment!

Leave that damn cat in the box long enough and everyone in the room would have known whether it was dead or not when it stunk so bad no one could stand it! No box is tight enough to contain the smell of...dead cat!!!

top topics

join