It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And we were right after all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Neuralink and Facebook But conspiracy theorists saying that it's possible for computers reading our minds are crazy...
See title.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What if it still becomes 'other' and takes over the human host as a parasite would?

-Alee

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

The only real danger I see is humans programming it as a tool of assimilation. The computer itself would appreciate diversity I guess, makes things more interesting, more to compute.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

If it becomes widespread I predict chaos.

I may hate someone but can still deal with them politely and with civility by keeping my personal thoughts to myself.

Once that's gone how are we to communicate?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Neural cookies.

Think website tracking coming to a mind near you if not you already.

The ramifications of abuse are enormous.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Skynet is a fictional self-aware AI system in the "Terminator" movies that saw humans as a threat and sought to wipe them out.

Because it was granted autonomy to choose to destroy the world. But unlike that Hollywood fairytale, there would be a hidden directive. We can't have our product turning on us, now can we? Directive Four in Robocop is pertinent , in the beginning of the segment the program allows the robot to recognize injustice and the source, then attempt to arrest the CEO of warmonger central.

Imagine if you will predator drones being programmed with the notions of sNational sovereignty and self determination, having International Law edict to compare against orders to loose weapons?

Never happen (predator drones aren't programmed wth alternative morality options). They are machines executing line item instructions, in machine code, by rote.

The idea some sentient program is going to go against its makers is laughable.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Im more concerned with spurious data being uploaded into our minds...I mean talk about the devil made me do it!

Could diseases be triggered, false memories etc?

They wont be hooking me up

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Im more concerned with spurious data being uploaded into our minds...I mean talk about the devil made me do it!

Could diseases be triggered, false memories etc?

They wont be hooking me up

They already do all that though thru indoctrination, repetition and thought bombing... on TV.

Propaganda is proven to sway mass opinion, but you already know that.. The whole secret programs thing thru beaming radio waves, whoops they do that too. Turn on a radio and tune it to any channel. What do you hear on "the news"?

Brainwashing, propaganda, mind control.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You are dead on target Intrptr, this has been going on from the radio days and is now in super turbo. GE owns ABC, Comcast with NBC, TPTB is the driving force of this operation and the general public is controlled and most have not a fraction of a clue. Even with this new tech, we are told of only a fraction of its real design....this makes us think we know the whole story, Its a mega load of Lies.........

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And some companies (branches) have even made it easier for 'The Overlords' to 'spy' on We, The Serf..

See: Samsung® Smart T.V.s that spy on their viewer or Apple® phone...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

And some companies (branches) have even made it easier for 'The Overlords' to 'spy' on We, The Serf..

See: Samsung® Smart T.V.s that spy on their viewer or Apple® phone...

Neighbor just upgraded to newest OS "Sierra", featuring a 'smart helper' that speaks, and a microphone that 'listens'. You have to disable it in the menu, who knows if that turns it off though , or if it can't be enabled remotely over wifi, cloud or 'others'.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer

You are dead on target Intrptr, this has been going on from the radio days and is now in super turbo. GE owns ABC, Comcast with NBC, TPTB is the driving force of this operation and the general public is controlled and most have not a fraction of a clue. Even with this new tech, we are told of only a fraction of its real design....this makes us think we know the whole story, Its a mega load of Lies.........

They began this exercise of mass media in Germany under Joseph Goebbels. Under the Nazis, Germany was the first to reach the masses by radio, inventing the first 'broadcast' programming that fuzed infotainment with propaganda in order to reach the most of the people the most of the time. To this end a cheap, reliable radio set was made available so the average household could tune into the days 'programming'. Something for everyone...

Variety shows which included weather reports (for farmers), consumer advertising, announcements, drama shows, local news, etc, were mingled with the party line they wanted everyone to hear. We have developed this to the nth degree for the same ends today.

Heres Goebbels speech kicking off the national radio convention in 1933:

German archives

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Oh the stories I'd tell that microwave...
But it's true, we're nowhere near the cultural adolescence it takes to have this technology without using it for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Fair enough, I guess Im drawing the line at TV and radio waves

Sigh...I can't get far enough removed from this crazy ride

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

B...bu....bu..but my tinfoil hat still works!

What was it the great poet said???

The world is too much with us; late and soon
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers
Little we see in Nature that is ours
We have given our hearts away.

And that was back during the First Industrial Revolution. Look what technology hath wrought!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Damned I say, WE ARE ALL DAMNED!

( Text to wifey ) Please bring home 1 pint fireballl
edit on Rpm42517v04201700000026 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

All the wrong reasons... you know how diagnosed paranoid schizophrenics are afraid others are out to get them? Imagine putting them in charge of gubment, spy agencies and the military.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Typing about Goebbels and other Nazi™ type crap... I forget to add: Adding Fluoride to the water supply, right out of "Twisted Joe's" manual...

"They" want You as distracted as You can get. If You aren't distracted You just "may" see "Them" for what they truly are, their deity is $$$ and their mantra is "MORE, MORE, MORE.." If it cannot be monetized let it die..

Stay Hydrated.. (Bypassing the aforementioned 'tap water' The only thing that is getting tapped is You..)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Typing about Goebbels and other Nazi™ type crap... I forget to add: Adding Fluoride to the water supply, right out of "Twisted Joe's" manual...

"They" want You as distracted as You can get. If You aren't distracted You just "may" see "Them" for what they truly are, their deity is $$$ and their mantra is "MORE, MORE, MORE.." If it cannot be monetized let it die..

Stay Hydrated.. (Bypassing the aforementioned 'tap water' The only thing that is getting tapped is You..)

I luv it, you n' me both are fully aware of the sanctity of our 'precious bodily fluids'.

I shall only add, 'stay hydrated' with distilled water. Not only fluoride but heavy metals like lead ( not just in Flint Michigan, either) will endanger us to the point we might be susceptible to Main Stream dogma about the threat posed upon us by Communists and Muslimists.

Lol, always good to hear your humor sir, hope i returned a little in kind as well,

Stay Hydrated...

new topics

top topics

join