It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned if we do, Damned if we do not. The Korean Situation.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So I've been thinking about the Korean situation lately. We all know where we stand and the risks associated with certain moves. Here's a quick run-down:

Korea threatens with rhetoric. We say "No, don't". Korea ups their rhetoric. Korea continues to direct all funds and foodstuffs to the development of their military and military powers. Even through the starvation and deaths of thousands (to tens/hundreds of thousands, we do not know the number), the North Korean powers that be direct all concentration to their military might.

So, to make a long story short; because I'm sure we all know what is going on...

We have the option of surgical strikes, of EMPs, assassination etc on the table. Cut the head off of the snake, as it were... Why not?

The argument is, the attack on Seoul, that is almost guaranteed.

The placement of guns on the border, the military upgrades and build-up, the actual threat that exists against Seoul, exists because of a failure to act. Our decision to postpone the military actions in Korea (since the '50s) has done nothing but let DRPK gain strength and numbers, and further indoctrinate their citizens, and starve the ones not serving the military. Our inaction has done nothing but increase the coming number of casualties that Kim can make.

I believe that with the failure to do something, anything to the DPRKs "Leadership", we will only raise the deathtoll of when Kim decides to act out. We could strike with an EMP directed over Pyongyang, limiting the ability to direct strikes towards the south, giving the coalition a bigger window to strike the artillery groups on the border, while taking out the military leadership.

The population of Seoul could be evacuated, or prepared for any strike-backs. What I'm proposing is; a possible artillery barrage on Seoul is much more agreeable than a possible nuclear war. We've already seen what happens when all we do is say "no" to the child acting out. Time to put the child in a real punishment.

So, ats..What say you?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What's wrong with waiting until the creepy little nut-case has ICBMs targeted at ALL of our major cities?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is exactly the point. Giving him more time, means giving him more preparation.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

My opinion. Prepare for a massive unrelenting assault on NK. Need to do an old fashioned WW II bombing and rocket campaign with psy-op leaflets and loud speakers telling the NK soldiers to surrender to spare their families lives and hand over Kim Jong Un and the upper leadership. Make it so miserable and daunting, the NK soldiers will turn on their own to stop the endless onslaught or kill themselves.

Leave no city untouched and bury them in their hardened bunkers if you have to. Casualties will be in the hundreds of thousands in South Korea, so emergency services and NATO mobile hospitals should be fully staffed and prepared for the worst.

Thats my opinion on what should be done.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Not damned. Who cares about North Korea. It has NOTHING to do with my life.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

It all depends on the level of indoctrination, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It will, my friend. I guarantee that.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

This is exactly the point. Giving him more time, means giving him more preparation.

But ignoring and appeasing NK has always worked so well in the past.

What's wrong with just giving them another 10 years and another $100B?
It's working with Iran.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

But ignoring and appeasing NK has always worked so well in the past.

What's wrong with just giving them another 10 years and another $100B?
It's working with Iran.

Yeah, the aid has been helping the military and the political elite there pretty well. I mean, Kim's looking pretty chunky.

just don't look at the proletariat going around, harvesting grass to try to sustain themselves.

+Were the rumors of cannibalism ever proven, from 5-10 years ago, when the famine was peaking?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I agree it's just a bad situation.

If we begin to evacuate Seoul don't you think NK will notice? Sure their intelligence capabilities are primitive compared to most militaries but even so a mass evacuation of a major city would be hard to miss.

I don't have the answer just stating the obvious.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Isn't an evac drill already scheduled for Seoul?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Evacuations can be taken a multitude of different ways. NK just evacuated 400k from Pyongyang earlier this month

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

As long as China wanted to cooperate, those solutions would probably work. Otherwise I could see fallout (hopefully not FOR REAL) if China doesn't agree with whatever resolution the USA and its allies agree to. The reason the USA is involved is protection of Japan and other allies in the region. So far we know that China is cooperating on the sanctions of North Korea. If China keeps North Korea in line, then I'm assuming there could be a relatively peaceful transition of power there.

If China doesn't agree with our resolution(s), it could start WWIII. The same thing with Syria, if Russia doesn't like anything we or our allies do in that area.

My opinion would be like Ron Paul in a way. I would say to stay out of entangling alliances, yet keep our allies alert and well-armed. If there is any thing beyond a threat on any of our allies, then we should seek direct military involvement - if they request it or need it. I really think that most of the world does not want another World War. The way I see the North Korea situation completely depends upon China's cooperation with the USA and all of its allies. So far, it looks like China is at least trying to keep peace in the region. Let us hope that is in the future.

As far as Russia and Syria go I think we should stay out of it, but also make sure that Russia keeps Assad and the military there on their toes, so to speak.

I would like to see more solutions to problems in humanity like disease and starvation resolved, before more war death and disease. Every person I have met has been alive in the midst of a war (If they were from the USA). I have known a lot of veterans, and I think the bulk of the whole world can agree we need less war.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Your delusions are fear based. North Korea is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Un is not going to fire any missiles because of Mutually Assured Destruction. MAD has worked for 40 years. It will continue to work now. Every time we need to justify our out of control military spending we find out about some mad man who has to be disposed or else. I'm sick of the fear mongering and war mongering. You are not my friend.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Seems like a strait forward lady spy poisoning gig.

The real problem is what to do with the millions of brainwashed people once Lil kim is gone.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

I think China would want to be involved in the takedown of Kim, because not only have they started parting ways in relations, but China would like to insure that capitalism isn't going to have a strong foothold in North Korea, at their border. Maybe propose to help, if they control the land from China, to Pyongyang or even the 38th. Who knows

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I guess one of my many concerns is, what happens if the USA does something, and as a result NK does strike Seoul? Would we be blamed for the casualties and suffering? I don't want to have that guilt on my conscious as an American, especially one who is in love with Korean music, language, and culture, both old new and pop. Then the flip side, what if we don't, and we are still blamed for doing nothing?

I suppose all I can do is speculate until the people in charge make a move.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Isn't an evac drill already scheduled for Seoul?

I think so, I remember seeing an article about it somewhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Your delusions are fear based. North Korea is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Un is not going to fire any missiles because of Mutually Assured Destruction. MAD has worked for 40 years. It will continue to work now. Every time we need to justify our out of control military spending we find out about some mad man who has to be disposed or else. I'm sick of the fear mongering and war mongering. You are not my friend.

So, has your foolproof MAD worked for the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of koreans starved to death to perfect the nuclear warhead?

Have you any inclination of what it takes (in kim's mind) for a country the size of Pennsylvania, to run with the big dogs in this world? It's going to take more than rhetoric that the rest of the world doesn't believe anymore. They release propaganda of footage of their soldiers and civilians shooting and killing Americans, and we release videos of us "Lmao"ing at it. There's now way they don't see that, right?

In the end; The entire country does what the fat boy wants. So far, that means starving and killing their people, for the goal of perfecting nuclear munitions.

If I'm not your friend, am I your buddy, Guy?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Evacuations can be taken a multitude of different ways. NK just evacuated 400k from Pyongyang earlier this month

www.express.co.uk...

Right and we knew about the evacuation.

My point is they will know and potentially launch a preemptive attack.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join