It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Musicians Simultaneously Play Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. Awesome.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Back in 2015 1000 musicians got together to play Learn to Fly by The Foo Fighters. It was a big hit with the video getting over 32 million views. The band is called The Rockin' 1000.

The Rockin' 1000 is a group of rock musicians from mainly Italy and a few from other countries such as Canada, Mexico, England, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia and Germany. As the name indicates, over a thousand musicians play and sing simultaneously at their concerts. The home of the organization is in Cesena in Italy, originally assembled in July 2015 as a stunt to get the Foo Fighters to visit their hometown, which finally happened on October 2015.

They are now an established presence, and have made subsequent appearances. They have been described as the "biggest band in the world." They were originally organized in a crowdfunding effort by Fabio Zaffagnini. Their initial performance in 2015 was made under the direction of Marco Sabiu.

They played an 18-song concert on July 24th, 2016 in Cesena, Italy in the Orogel stadium in front of an audience of around 15,000 people.

The 1000 musicians got together again to play Smells Like Teen Spirit in January of this year. It is just awesome to see so many people playing together and it actually sounds really good. I also like the sound of so many people singing the song.

Without further ado here is the video.

I wonder if Kurt ever imagined his song would be played like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is so cool!
I love how the percussion sounds so heavy. Awesome.
edit on 25-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Me too! Sounds great.

Here is them doing the Foo Fighters

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Who provided all the marbles to gargle while singing the song?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder how it sounded..
The sound provided in those videos are not how it sound being there

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Drums, drums and drummers make the video great imo. Those guys are buzzing and putting a smile on my face

I reckon my tone-deaf ass could have snuck in with the singers, like a photo bomb, and had a great time. I'd be the one getting words wrong at the back and laughing along with the drums. Can't play guitar either and nobody would notice.

top topics

join