It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal thoughts on California.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No, I don't remember that one. I'll have to look it up and see if it looks familiar.

There is actually a lot of social and political stuff slipped into games all the time people don't notice.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko

Meanwhile middle and upper middle class commuters move and take over their homes.

How do people become upper and middle class?

There are plenty of people who came from poverty and are highly successful.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Look at you. We'll make you a conservative yet.

lol! That made me spill my drink!

No offense to anyone, and no offense to my drink.. It has rights too! I'm asking it as i type.

It just told me to piss off..

haha

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They create enemies when and if we don't actually have one currently. They always fall in to some other motive though too. There are evil enemies all over the place, but they don't serve a political agenda at the moment so we never hear about them. But if they stand in the way of something we want, whether they are actually an enemy or not, they'll be shown that way in movies and TV and Games.

1. The evil businessman/corporation
2. The evil priest/Christian
3. The crazy veteran
4. Russians!
5. Nazis!
6. Republicans!
7. Conservatives!
8. rural folks in flyover
9. Daddy is a buffoon
10. Parents are stupid/kids are smarter

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Annee

I live in Los Angeles. I also went to other parts of California like Lake Tahoe, San Diego, Santa Barbara, and San Francisco.

Just letting you know, there are some of us who are disenchanted by life in California and have plans to move out of the state.

My suggestion is to move before you end up in the Pacific ocean. I firmly believe the " big" earthquake isn't too far off. 😕 Don't let it become a shoulda coulda woulda scenario

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well while you can demonize Russia, no one demonizes China because they own a lot of the studios in Hollyweird.

It's hard to believe North Korea is a credible threat but China, that's a whole different story.

China owns a lot of America.

Period!

You really have serious issues with the film industry. Why? Have, or do you work in it?

Do you read credits? You know that long - - long - - long list of names? Guess what, those are jobs the film industry provides

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Agreed.Come up past the Bay Area to Sonoma County,Mendocino County and further north.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

And as stated earlier, the film industry is notoriously selective to those who work for them.

Plus many film crews were paid less while movie stars are paid more than they should have earn (I'm talking about crappy actors and actresses)
edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And as stated earlier, the film industry is notoriously selective to those who work for them.

Plus many film crews were paid less while movie stars are paid more than they should have earn (I'm talking about crappy actors and actresses)

Film crews are paid less then the movie stars? Now there's a revelations.

Actors and "Stars" are not necessarily the same thing. But, they are a product. If they can sell themselves to buyers - - they're worth it.

Notoriously selective? My kid has worked in the film industry for 20+ years. She's gotten lots of her friends jobs. Some did really well, some did not - - but, it's what they did that made them or broke them. Not the industry.

Sounds to me that you are envious of other people's money. That you don't think they deserve it for the job they do.

edit on 23-4-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm both a SAG/AFTRA actor and an IATSE crew person. And get paid fairly depending on which Union represents me and what show my agent gets me on.

And just got WGA certification.

I love LA and work there frequently. How ever I commute from Tamalewood.

Want to work in the Biz....pay your dues! But with that snotty attitude you won't get many gigs. It's team work in the industry and not fit for crybabies that whine.
edit on 23-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I live in Northern California. Lived Jeremy entire life. The city I live in is on of the most diverse in the nation. I grew up in what would be considered a working-class neighborhood without gangs and violence, and without fear.

I recently bought a home in the same neighborhood, just a couple of miles from the job I've had for 20+ years.

I've been lucky, my home is now worth at least twice what I paid for it. Still, no "McMansions" around me, just modest ranch-style homes and apartments. The only folks being forced to move out are the ones dying of old age.

My parents worked to put me through private school through high school. I worked hard to get grades good enough to earn what grants and scholarships were available to put myself through college.

Yes, I earned a degree. No, my degree isn't really related to my profession. Such is life! But, other than a mortgage, I'm not in debt.

I'm single, so I'm taxed at the highest rate for both State and Federal income taxes, but I still have enough money to enjoy a nice ribeye steak for dinner whenever I want (but not too often on order of my MD, unless I enjoy frequent colonoscopies!).

I went to school, briefly, in Pasadena years ago. Lots of glitz and glam in SoCal, but, as the saying goes "When everybody is shouting, nobody is listening".

California is "liberal" because, like any region with a large and more importantly, diverse, population, it has to be. Anything else would exacerbate the tensions already present when diverse populations and ideas attempt to live together.

But we make it work.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

My personal thoughts on California.

How long have you lived in Cal? Where? It is rather huge and diverse...
I live in California, and I live in Paradise!
Hollywood and politics have nothing to do with the beauty of the land and the people.

Love is required to see 'Beauty'; no matter where you go, (t)here you are! *__-

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

You said it! Liberal verritably rymes with fascist.

I went to berkely once and ate a pizza. The place was full of hippy stoner fascists. They come on all peace and gravy but then they just want your money and if you dont give it to them they beat the crap out of you.

True story. Charlie manson started forming his family in Berkeley. Mostly san Francisco. But you get that fascist crazy hippy dangerous fascist killer mindset brewing there in the name of lefty lib liberals.

And they all end up trying to kill you for laughs n giggles.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join