It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal thoughts on California.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Neith

lol, mine's bigger than yours!

Just kidding. The Vancuver Island forest looks lovely.

But I wouldn't write off California Redwoods (or the rest of California) either. That forest is by far the most mystical place I've been. And I do like to wander (at least I did before young kids made that more tricky).

Sorry OP for the diversion.

LOL you Win! haha hands down!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

WOW what a post! I haven't seen so much reverse phobia, bigotry and claims of racist motivated displacement blah blah in a good while. Not to mention some sort of privilege based on the flimsiest!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It's all good Zos
I don't mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Annee

Liberal Elitist:

Basically, they tend to be Hollyweird celebrities, Hipsters, upper middle class and upper class liberals, while they supported noble causes such as environmentalism, can be very arrogant and not care about the plight of the lower and middle class (Even though they claim to care about them) and live in their own little world. Like their goals are just a decoration.

It's hard to explain unless you live with us and see for yourself, Annee.

Different personalities in a group with a cause.

Shocking!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

You haven't had a drink yet have you?

This should do it!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Give it ten years if la keeps on the same direction.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You should read the book Homefront: the Voice of Freedom. Your scenario plays out in the book.

Due to an economic depression, LA became almost like Detroit where rich people's houses became fortresses while the not so wealthy live in squalor.

Meanwhile many buildings lie empty and dilapidated.

The whole point of the book is about a North Korean (Pretend they are Chinese) invasion of the US though but it's interesting to read what happened before the invasion where an economic depression causes the US to be weak while North Korea (In Real life China) became the new superpower.

edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: zosimov

It's all good Zos
I don't mind.

Cheers, friend!

This thread raises some very valid points and I hope to revisit when I can read more deeply and give more than a surface response.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
...my thoughts on California (or Kalifornistan)...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

All those issues and the places you mentioned are because you're talking about the major cites. Other than perhaps Lake Tahoe, which is still a major city, are the largest coastal cities in Cali. SF, SD and LA are megacities and full of Wealth and Liberal Elite.

Get out of the big cities. Cali is huge. There are other places to go besides the major cites. When you surround yourself with millions of people who are all living in the major cites on the coast like that then those will always be the same problems. But that is hardly all of California. In fact IMO that makes for a horrible representation of what can be found in Cali. You've limited yourself to the major population hubs. Big cities suck unless you have lots of money. Then they're beautiful because you can afford it, however even then it's highly structured and regulated and cliquish to maintain that beauty. It's shallow and superficial.

Get out more if you want to see the other sides of the people and places here in Cali.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
Responding only to your concern about KKK presence, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, there are 130 currently active groups associated with the KKK - in EVERY state of the U.S. - including TWO in California.

What they don't tell you is that there are only 5,000 - 9,000 members nationwide. What that means is that, worst case, only 0.3% of Americans are KKK members.

Huh, since it's estimated there are only about .2% of the population who are transgender ... that means there are about as many KKK members as transgenders and just look at how the press makes everyone think there are so many more of each of those groups.

Media is mind control.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Victor Davis Hanson often writes editorials about living in non-city California. They're eye-opening.

I also saw an article about a community on the edge of commuter range for the Bay Area. It's experiencing a homeless epidemic. The city in question has cratered its own local economy because the rules and regs of the area have made the local industry move out and the farm industry has pretty much gone under there, so everyone who worked in those two lines of work have lost their jobs. There are no prospects.

They lose their homes and end up living in empty shipping containers and tents.

Meanwhile middle and upper middle class commuters move and take over their homes.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There may only be .2% who are officially KKK members. But there way more racist pricks out there who are almost just as bad or worse without any official memberships to anything.

There are dangerous racists all over the place. They just aren't wearing uniforms or carrying membership cards proclaiming it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

He does have a point there. Do you know that due to political correctness in video games you cannot portray the ChiComs as the enemy? That's why we have the game Homefront which is about North Korea invading the US. North Korea tend to be a stand in for ChiComs in other media such as the remake of Red Dawn that came out in 2012.

edit on 4/23/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Meanwhile middle and upper middle class commuters move and take over their homes.

How do people become upper and middle class?

There are plenty of people who came from poverty and are highly successful.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

That's how it's always been. This is nothing new. There has never been a single moment in your life that you haven't been being propagandized by all forms of media.

We used to make movies about the Russians being our enemy. Then the cold war ended and no more movies about Russians anymore. Then we moved on to Middle East Terrorism as if they'd always been the real enemy all along. Just watch the progression of Rambo movies through the 80's and 90's and who the enemy goes to. Hell, watch any major movies like that and TV shows. As the political themes change, so does the Enemy's of the World change. Always right in line with who we're being told is the enemy of the world while always having the USA as the Hero.

Did you play the original Nintendo??? Remember the game Contra??? What do you think happened around that same time???
edit on 23-4-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well while you can demonize Russia, no one demonizes China because they own a lot of the studios in Hollyweird.

It's hard to believe North Korea is a credible threat but China, that's a whole different story.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Remember Armored Core? All about private corporations in space ect fighting each other. Core operators were mercenary.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko

How do people become upper and middle class?

There are plenty of people who came from poverty and are highly successful.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Look at you. We'll make you a conservative yet.

I am not blaming the people who moved in. They are doing what they have to, but it's interesting that they can't actually afford to live in cities where they work so they have to move out to other towns. Meanwhile, the industries that grew those towns have been killed off by the regulatory and legal regimes of the state itself, so the people who used to live very well (i.e. qualify for middle and upper middle class themselves) are the new poor who have lost everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It just depends on who TPTB want to convince everyone the enemy is at the time. Just look through history, that's how it works.

They create enemies when and if we don't actually have one currently. They always fall in to some other motive though too. There are evil enemies all over the place, but they don't serve a political agenda at the moment so we never hear about them. But if they stand in the way of something we want, whether they are actually an enemy or not, they'll be shown that way in movies and TV and Games.

Hell, if one day we find out Australia had some resource we wanted and they didn't want to give it up to us, we'd start seeing propaganda about Australian's and how they hate America and Freedom and everything else too. Don't kid yourself. Everyone is a potential enemy to the people in power. Meanwhile actual enemies are ignored unless it serves a purpose for us to pay attention to them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join