It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier to show 'military's force'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

The State Department is where people go who won't fight their own battles but are happy to watch other people do it while being massively compensated for it.

Join the FFL, maybe if you ( not you specifically) want to fight, you'll die in glorious battle and the world will have one less asshole in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, you are right, they never are unhinged and threaten for the most absurd reasons.

Good thing you are here for a beacon of truth.

So brave.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier...

Like whats our US armed to the teeth armada doing all the way over there off his shore... picnicking?

No threat posture at all. All he's doing is proclaiming he will defend his country. You think he has precedent?

right?
if people say "he's (and family) been running his mouth for years and still hasn't done anything" then what's the need for us to post up around his country with weapons and ships?
meanwhile America actually HAS bombed the piss out of more countries than we can count, but if anyone gets near our country or threatens us we...well, clearly we go bomb them to high hell.
we can defend our country, but he can't? fundamentally, how is that even an issue?
he's only gotten more physically aggressive since the world has been closing in around him. maybe if everyone would stfu, he'd go back to just running his mouth and being the global comic relief.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Read the article, can't see any where they threaten anything.

All it says is that they are combat ready.

More fake news from fox.

Then let's hope on at least this occasion, Mr. Trump bases his decision on sources other than Fox, and Alex Jonsey.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
This has been happening every year since before most of you were born.

I keep asking but nobody can tell me, what is different now??

the existence of a super powerful directed EMP source ...the device is portable enough to be carried aloft in a Russian MIG and directed at other missile loaded American Jets or at USA Destroyer's at sea patrol off the Syrian Coast...

there have been more than 6 incidents where USA Ships at sea or aircraft have found themselves electronically disabled for an undetermined amount of time

the steve Quayle site has several Hot News articles to back me up on this.

see: allnewspipeline.com...
russia, secret emp weapon ?

the inference is in the story/report...It's not too far out to think that Russia might deploy the highly directional EMP weapon at a USA aircraftcarrier to defuse the possibility of bombs dropping on NK

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Do you have any clue just what would happen to Seoul? Any at all?

If the US first-strikes North Korea ... little, to nothing at all. If Fatty gets to go first, Seoul will look like Germany at the end of WWII.

The real question is: Should the US end the threat of China, as a nuclear foe, in the same stroke? I say, "Go for it."

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier...

Like whats our US armed to the teeth armada doing all the way over there off his shore... picnicking?

No threat posture at all. All he's doing is proclaiming he will defend his country. You think he has precedent?

yes, he has to state his intention to defend his country from a hostile force.
the u.s. has a history of eliminating world leaders. i'd be worried too if i was kim jong un.

as far as north korea not having functioning missiles.....

never underestimate your enemy.
edit on 23-4-2017 by subfab because: added some text

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Does anyone know Kim actually "rule" NK?

Since i get the impression of that Kim is nothing but a marionette. Sure he may toss some harmless order that doesn't inconvenient the "shadow junta".

Have ye seen those so called generals and admirals of NK? Some of them carry so much medals, that its a miracle that they even manage to carry all this stuff.

Want to take out NK safe and sound? take out the "shadow junta"

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Maybe we've already shown that we can blow up their rockets as they're leaving their silos.

ALSO, we have THAAD.

""SEOUL, South Korea — As tensions continue to increase with North Korea, the U.S. military is moving quickly to put in place a missile shield it hopes will protect major urban centres here from a nuclear strike.

The Terminal High Altitude Area Defence system, or THAAD as it is more commonly known, arrived in Korea in March and is expected to be operational shortly. Work continued over the past week at the proposed site for the missile system in Seongju, a county in central South Korea.

Once operating, THAAD — a truck-mounted system with long-range radar capability — is expected to be able to launch a missile to shoot down any incoming North Korean ballistic rockets.""

news.nationalpost.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

THAAD ... in South Korea ... is more about China.

If things keep going as they are today (inaction) ... a month from now it won't matter. The political climate in the South _will_ shift to a more North Korean friendly stance. This coming during a period where USFK/8th Army are moving to a less-than-desirable location on the peninsula.

The South Koreans were warned years ago, that if the US Military were to be moved from Seoul, a less favorable relationship would result. I guess they chose not to hear the message.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It could be time to start closing the book on our involvement in that region. With Congress coming back from their 2+ week vacation Tuesday, "America First" needs to take precedent.

Unless/until Kim Jong actually does something hostile, let's let Korea/China/Japan work things out amongst themselves. What do you think, Snarl?

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Im reminded of a guy in that Z movie with Brad Pitt, where his job was to OBJECT to a majority war vote in the name of sanity. Goes back to a thread on apocalypse movies....to seek a pause, a moment of clarity ?
K'sake even Bruce Willis in Die Hard-On 32 or something, says the end of the world is not KEWL Dood.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: kamatty
This has been happening every year since before most of you were born.

I keep asking but nobody can tell me, what is different now??

the existence of a super powerful directed EMP source ...the device is portable enough to be carried aloft in a Russian MIG and directed at other missile loaded American Jets or at USA Destroyer's at sea patrol off the Syrian Coast...

there have been more than 6 incidents where USA Ships at sea or aircraft have found themselves electronically disabled for an undetermined amount of time

the steve Quayle site has several Hot News articles to back me up on this.

see: allnewspipeline.com...
russia, secret emp weapon ?

the inference is in the story/report...It's not too far out to think that Russia might deploy the highly directional EMP weapon at a USA aircraftcarrier to defuse the possibility of bombs dropping on NK

AHEM. THAT DEVICE does not EXIST. That story about the russian MIG knocking out the AEGIS is a bald faced lie.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh please do it NK. please do it. pretty please. I cant wait to see the chunks of Little Kim covered in a white sheet afterwards.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
let's let Korea/China/Japan work things out amongst themselves. What do you think, Snarl?

I see no Return On Investment in the region. I'm thinking you may be right.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Please, explain to me how a self defense jamming system, designed for being mounted on the wingtip rails of the Su-34 was carried by an Su-24, which has a radically different wing and nowhere to mount it, and used against the Cook.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You think they'll be anywhere near the shores of nk? Korea is a pretty big peninsula, and we have carrier groups that way all the time. Threatening to take out a carrier is pretty serious. Also it's nothing new. He threatens everyone to his west and east. Verbally, and by shooting missiles out to sea. But yeah keep defending the little man.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The system named does exist, it's just not a Godlike EMP weapon.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Do it.

So I never have to see a stupid NK news blurb again.

They are annoying, but then again blame the Imperialist MSM for peddling their war propaganda smut against us our entire lives. We've all been the targets of a perpetual PSYOP (Psychological Warfare) operation from birth.

The Kim's are like the court jesters. Whatever they say should just be spun into dark humor parodies the world over.

Get a grip on this pirate ship ye bunch of scurvy wenches!
edit on 23-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hows a mig going to generate enough electricity on board to even direct towards generating an emp pulse of enough magnitude to disable a sheilded navy vessel?

Dont see how people never think of that bit when they buy hook line and sinker the new russian super emp wing pod story.

edit on 23-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join