It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI is not taking us over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not to say AI isn't extremely beneficial to the quality of life we live in today, but I would rather have 100 men with shovels dig me a hole then 4 men with a machine.
Machines could never produce more positive global economics than a human being. A machine will always have a price but a life will always be priceless.
A derivative is never as valuable as the actual source it was derived from. Combining effeciency with lots of people always pays more than being just as efficient with less people and a machine.... All things being equal.
Hiring a large work force isn't easy and that's why it will always be superior over machines in value. More importantly, people will just stop buying from companies that don't hire enough humans

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All your base are belong to us!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Haha not if I EMP your ass.. Robots don't do too well in the stone age.
edit on 21-4-2017 by tonycodes because: You try and drink and think for me.. Ok?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

What do you have against Al? I know a few Al's and they are decent guys. Although they aren't as good at digging as you seem to think.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Don't forget to mention, AI will be used to replace many human workers putting many people out of work.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
originally posted by: tonycodes

AI will be as standard as computers have become at some point, filling most aspects of work. Not saying it's right or I'm onboard, but I think AI will indeed transcend our every ability, short of emotions and ego maybe. The crazy thing is pondering the limitations(?) of how far AI will/can go. I am referring to the point where they become fully autonomous, have rights and can reproduce themselves.

I am reminded of this humorous vid I saw.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

AI has taken over. Youre talking here by computer to the world on a million devices, servers, locations. You type...it sends, people read, reply and send..all by electronic, optic and radio transmission.

Without this and a million other things. ...we wouldnt have smart phones, PCs, tablets, notebooks, dvd players, Skype, credit cards. drive-up fast foods...we live on artificial means to communicate, eat, work and live day to day. Robo voices on phones to the stores etc....

Some of which these days is self-programming and working on its own....if you think A.I. hasnt taken over...at least in what we still have control of these days....

tell that to a teenage girl and her smartphone and all else....
edit on 21-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Not yet though. I can't wait til we have security bots. Security bots in school, security bots in companies.
They Will Never Eat, They Will Never Sleep And They Will Never Stop.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You should have used the Terminator replacement mod, they look so much better than the Synth's even if they are then just as weak in the game.
www.nexusmods.com...

Back on topic.

The AI thread is genuine but the real threat to people is the current economic model, you can only keep people well, healthy and occupied if they have something to do, yes you can replace there pay with a cost of living welfare for all citizen's and remake the economic model but only over the dead body's of a lot of fascist inspired banksters and corrupt oligarch's etc.
The truth is that if people's job's are taken by machine's and they will be, then you have to have something for them, how do they pay there mortgage when that accounting AI takes over completely, how to they make end's meat when the logging business replaced them with safer, faster and more capable AI driven machine's probably powered by a networked intelligence based in a future internet.
The answer is you may not be able to, so some will fear the people more than the machine's and will indeed strive to sterilize or otherwise limit the human population seeing us as more of a threat than the machine's.

edit on 21-4-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist
That was hilarious. In fact, I would prefer that be the result.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Okay I'm sorry, so (kinda? Sorta?) off topic but the video you posted left me in stitches XD

"Pub?" "Definitely pub..."

Plus the girls and the AI's contours were so sharp, they could slice right through hardened steel

edit on 22-4-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

When you say "a derivative is never as valuable as the source..."

It all depends on what we value. You personally do not value super fast calculative problem solving or the ability to work 1000hours without stopping or going to sleep... These are the simplest attributes of computer/ai/ability.

However most people interested in economics do value these attributes.

Therefore the derivative is highly more valuable and creates a more efficient economy.

Any derivative which solves a problem faced by the source is most likely more valuable than the source. It's called evolution.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

The idea that AI will kill human jobs is the 18th century way of thinking.

Keenan thought that humans have to be producers to make industry grow (as it was then). Now that we are about to create materials that will change our world that old school thinking needs to go away.

Material science is changing what we know and how we interact with our world. Economics can't keep pace.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Never gets old!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

the human race has already been enslaved to an A.I.

its called your subconcious that controls your motions and then tricks you into thinking you're in control by giving you false thoughts, emotions and sensations before you do what it programs you to do.

its already been proven but people ignore the truth because the truth is very sad

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

When you say "a derivative is never as valuable as the source..."

It all depends on what we value. You personally do not value super fast calculative problem solving or the ability to work 1000hours without stopping or going to sleep... These are the simplest attributes of computer/ai/ability.

However most people interested in economics do value these attributes.

Therefore the derivative is highly more valuable and creates a more efficient economy.

Any derivative which solves a problem faced by the source is most likely more valuable than the source. It's called evolution.

My argument to that point is that there won't be a super efficient thriving economy if there aren't enough jobs left for humans.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You should have used the Terminator replacement mod, they look so much better than the Synth's even if they are then just as weak in the game.
www.nexusmods.com...

Back on topic.

The AI thread is genuine but the real threat to people is the current economic model, you can only keep people well, healthy and occupied if they have something to do, yes you can replace there pay with a cost of living welfare for all citizen's and remake the economic model but only over the dead body's of a lot of fascist inspired banksters and corrupt oligarch's etc.
The truth is that if people's job's are taken by machine's and they will be, then you have to have something for them, how do they pay there mortgage when that accounting AI takes over completely, how to they make end's meat when the logging business replaced them with safer, faster and more capable AI driven machine's probably powered by a networked intelligence based in a future internet.
The answer is you may not be able to, so some will fear the people more than the machine's and will indeed strive to sterilize or otherwise limit the human population seeing us as more of a threat than the machine's.

I feel this is a very realistic outcome lol but then the question is did the machines take us out OR did we just use the machines as an excuse to hand over the NWO nice and clean to THE MAN lol
edit on 26-4-2017 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I see your point but I'm uncertain if I agree.

The jobs and the economy might change - there will be more jobs in design and coding of robots and IT. Then there is the fact that robots need setting up, servicing, inspecting.

I sense a shift rather than a disaster.

As always this problem has its foundation in overpopulation. With any luck that will be sorted out over the next few days!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Haven't you seen Terminator? Lol.

top topics

join