It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Mind over Matter trick I discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

It's not a mind trick. You've built-up a "tolerance" and rougher hands over the course of your time in the kitchen.

If you were actually coming in contact with incredibly hot items, you would still pay the physical consequences, whether you feel the pain or not.
edit on 21-4-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
1st and 2nd degree burns can be painful. You're better off letting it cook until the nerve endings are dead.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22154404]introvert
Yea. I work in a kitchen and barehand straight out of ovens, fryers, and grills. Burnt off the nerve endings and the red mark "burns" are gone by the end of the day.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Maybe this works...but its not mind over matter...rather...mind over mind thing

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I trfied it, hsands sweollin fron pani.

Itr dodnt worjk wel

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pale5218

You had a thought when you did it didn't you.
the op couldn't stress enough that you had to have a clear mind.

I'm assuming your thought was. "This is hot!"

thanks for experimenting and to put your body at risk for the rest of us to learn from your courage.

edit on 22-4-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
a reply to: pale5218

You had a thought when you did it didn't you.
the op couldn't stress enough that you had to have a clear mind.

I'm assuming your thought was. "This is hot!"

thanks for experimenting and to put your body at risk for the rest of us to learn from your courage.

Yup exactly. If a single thought came into my Head or someone called me its very easy to lose focus and thats when you stop blocking it out because that outside distraction and thats when go "Uck that Hurt. " Ive done this trick multiple times and its only when i seem to get distracted is when the pain signals reach your head.

I actually am confident enough to try this trick by getting tased. I have never been tased before but I am confident I can resist the extreme body pain associated with it. And Yes I am crazy enough to try it. That to me would be the ultimate test and not just building up pain tolerance.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
a reply to: Voyaging
First it would be accidental suicide. That's considered like jumping on a grenade to save your friends.

Second the op is coxing people into dipping their hand in scolding water. If your dumb enough to do that you deserve to get burned.

With that said. If your dumb enough to climb a building and jump thinking happy thoughts will save you then you deserve to splat on the sidewalk.

The smart thing would be to start small like a porch or your shed. It does work but your thoughts must be happy. Genuinely happy thoughts.

At least mine doesn't torture dumb people. It's more humane.

Ha...this may be my favorite post in the last year on ATS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join