It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US prepares charges to seek arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, thank you very much for the opportunity to hear myself type.

I do not wish to enter into your frame of mind to answer your questions. I apologize for I couldn't care less about the questions or the answers. Concentrating so hard on the trees you have lost sight of the forest. The details that you bring up and ask questions of, don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

It is the constant fight in the fictional battle of the D's and R's of our government that currently holds your attention. There is no way I can compete with that.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Dude it's not my theory. I'm telling you what they're saying. Do you think I know him. - MY.

OH and you sound like a Russian sympathizer.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Another Trump 180? I thought he loved WikiLeaks? They must have something on Trump, he was all for them when they were leaking stuff about Hilary and company.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Thanks. Just catching up on the thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Kali74

In later years I am finding a better respect for freedom and a further distrust in government.

Ah, I remember a time when just about everyone on here thought like that, then out of nowhere around maybe 3 years ago this site turned into a "Pick a side and defend" type of site.
So if I say something negative about Trump, I'm a Hillary lover despite not even being American, then they say "You're not American, therefore you have no idea" another fallacy. Welcome to ATS 2017.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
CNN

Washington (CNN)US authorities have prepared charges to seek the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, US officials familiar with the matter tell CNN.

I don't know that this will amount to anything considering Assange is still under the protection of Ecuador in their embassy in London. I find it interesting though that the new administration is viewing the 1st Amendment differently and what the implications might be for American news orgs. that printed the classified materials, if any. At any rate, there's a nice big thank you from the administration he helped elect. Trump supporters are beginning to tweet POTUS, begging for a pardon for Assange. Assange seems quite vindictive too, Trump better watch out.

For the record, Julian Assange is not an American citizen, nor has he committed any crimes on American soil. The United States government has no jurisdiction over him. He may be a Russian asset, but there is nothing the US can do about him. Legally.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It's interesting when you think the NSA reputation is purported to be able to access damn near anything it likes and is monitoring all communications. If it was really the case, it wouldn't matter what Assange did with air-gapping and encrypting his traffic. They'd be able to intercept traffic en route to Assange's IPs or backtrack historical traffic to identify locations etc. It's difficult to believe that they have so much omniscience and yet the leaks have carried on regardless. What I suspect is a PR exercise to project greater influence and oversight than really exists.

"It's time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is: A non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia," Pompeo said.

That's really a death-knell for Assange's future and he didn't have much of one anyway. The 'play book' for drone-strikes uses almost identical terms to detach targets from any legal frameworks. It's essentially removing all rights from Wiki and Assange. Not to get too hyperbolic, I expect he'd be dead or forcibly removed if the embassy was in a weaker nation.

I haven't read much of the thread and can see it's gone partisan straight away. Snowden and Assange didn't set off as protesters for/against Republicans or Dems so it's a pity the whole discussion has to slant that way. I think Assange recently switched over to politically targeting the USA, but it didn't start that way.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, thank you very much for the opportunity to hear myself type.

I do not wish to enter into your frame of mind to answer your questions. I apologize for I couldn't care less about the questions or the answers. Concentrating so hard on the trees you have lost sight of the forest. The details that you bring up and ask questions of, don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

It is the constant fight in the fictional battle of the D's and R's of our government that currently holds your attention. There is no way I can compete with that.

I couldn't give a crap about the D's and R's, why do you think everyone on here is American?

Basically you can't respond to my points - that's fine, I didn't expect you to really have an answer to anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
well first we all here know that cnn is a stinking pile of brown bodily waste.
the president hates them with a passion.
so what person in the current admin gave them this info?
also are they going after him because he called out the secrets from clinton or the cia?
and isn't it damning that nobody from clintons camp has publicly denied the validity of what was in those leaked emails?
i mean if you posted emails like this claiming they were mine would be all over place labeling them as lies and fakes.
by admitting they were hacked emails the morons validated them. idiots that is one very big reason she lost

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Decreeing (with no evidence) that WikiLeaks is “a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia” a belief that has become gospel in establishment Democratic Party circles – Pompeo proclaimed that “we have to recognize that we can no longer allow Assange and his colleagues the latitude to use free speech values against us.” He also argued that while WikiLeaks “pretended that America’s First Amendment freedoms shield them from justice,” but: “they may have believed that, but they are wrong.”

Trump’s CIA Director Pompeo, Targeting WikiLeaks, Explicitly Threatens Speech and Press Freedoms

We right here on ATS use free speech against them as well, btw. Which paints loads of crosshairs on my sad face alone, time to write a Wrong and whirl a Wok.

But... but... but then there's Ann Coulter at Berkeley, let's just all care about 'the left' now and paint funny comics with living antifa swastikas. That would be the best deception I could possibly imagine, right there at the bleeding heart of history.
Un-fcking-believably well played! I'm impressed, gotta give 'em that.

Hey you Antifas/ BLM/ Free Speech/ White Spastikkka folks out there,

are you retarded or what? I mean I'm with you, generally speaking, bring a fricken Wikileaks poster while you're at it and people might take your fight against fascism/ for free speech seriously again goddammit!

Anyway. 20 flags for a thread like this. ATS is trolling me again... you Muricans are a weird bunch of morons, right? Right?... Right?

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Go to bed. You're drunk.
Доброй ночи. Приятных снов.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Try Plattdeutsch instead, Comrade.

Talking to statists...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Du? Ein Anarchist? Dass kann ich ni't glaub'n.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That's fine. We've had a few rough first contacts, I guess. And then I saw we actually agree on many things, maybe you're an Anarchist as well?

I dunno, am I? Open source and direct democracy are ways into a better society without corrupt pseudo leaders in charge, which would essentially boil down to anarchy. So yes, probably. And yes, that includes Vlad the Impaler as well, comrade! Having fun with the moronic 'Russian Agression' narrative probably messed things up, which is why some people think I'm running the Trollery in St. Petersburg. And who am I to say I don't.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Without a ton of updated analysis, I'll just assert that whatever goes on with Assange is part of him being released and cleared, be it by trial or just prosecutorial "misstep".

No state in their right mind would want to prosecute him in open court.

Why?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How do you get the sand out of your ears?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
huh? I made my statement. I don't owe you a long explanation. Feel free to post all you want to support or contradict my statement. I don't feel the need to dwell on the subject, even if you actually required or deserved a long reply to "why", I would bawlk because clearly the statement speaks for itself.

Do you want me to type out a full page post on something that is so painfully obvious to everyone except you?

I mean, does it really need an explanation?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join