It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US prepares charges to seek arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
CNN

Washington (CNN)US authorities have prepared charges to seek the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, US officials familiar with the matter tell CNN.

I don't know that this will amount to anything considering Assange is still under the protection of Ecuador in their embassy in London. I find it interesting though that the new administration is viewing the 1st Amendment differently and what the implications might be for American news orgs. that printed the classified materials, if any. At any rate, there's a nice big thank you from the administration he helped elect. Trump supporters are beginning to tweet POTUS, begging for a pardon for Assange. Assange seems quite vindictive too, Trump better watch out.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

US officials familiar with the matter tell CNN

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Wait...surely you aren't whining about unnamed sources, right?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you saying this is fake news?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Are you saying this is fake news?

What makes you think I'm saying anything?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What makes you think I'm whining about anything ?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So now they are trying to blame WikiLeaks for the criminal clintons defeat?

Hahahahahahahaha .... beat that dead horse .... beat it good.

I wish that the citizens of the USA could somehow grant immunity to Assange and completely tell our government to go pound sand.

Assange should be nominated as a national treasure.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

What makes you think I'm whining about anything ?

The fact that you whine whenever somebody on the left uses an article citing unnamed sources.

Kinda like you did now.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I heard this earlier today also and found it quite perplexing. This administration talks out of both sides of it's mouth so fast, I'm starting to dismiss everything they say. Trumps say he loves him, yet Sessions wants to put him in jail.
And like you said, so what if they do level charges that actually stick? Nobody is going to extradite him.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It is almost as fun watching you trigger these people as it is watching trump rile them up.

Glorious.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I find it interesting though that the new administration is viewing the 1st Amendment differently and what the implications might be for American news orgs

No it isn't.

During President Barack Obama's administration, Attorney General Eric Holder and officials at the Justice Department determined it would be difficult to bring charges against Assange because WikiLeaks wasn't alone in publishing documents stolen by Manning. Several newspapers, including The New York Times, did as well. The investigation continued, but any possible charges were put on hold, according to US officials involved in the process then.

The US view of WikiLeaks and Assange began to change after investigators found what they believe was proof that WikiLeaks played an active role in helping Edward Snowden, a former NSA analyst, disclose a massive cache of classified documents.

Which occurred under the last admin.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

It is almost as fun watching you trigger these people as it is watching trump rile them up.

Glorious.

Which is almost as entertaining as watching confirmation bias in action.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not an unnamed source and part of the Trump Administration ...

Last week in a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, CIA Director Mike Pompeo went further than any US government official in describing a role by WikiLeaks that went beyond First Amendment activity. He said WikiLeaks "directed Chelsea Manning to intercept specific secret information, and it overwhelmingly focuses on the United States." "It's time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is: A non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia," Pompeo said.

I'm fascinated to watch Trump apologists pin this one on Obama.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

My bad.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So now they are trying to blame WikiLeaks for the criminal clintons defeat?

Hahahahahahahaha .... beat that dead horse .... beat it good.

I wish that the citizens of the USA could somehow grant immunity to Assange and completely tell our government to go pound sand.

Assange should be nominated as a national treasure.

You really have no idea what this about, do you? Maybe I can shed some light for you

The US view of WikiLeaks and Assange began to change after investigators found what they believe was proof that WikiLeaks played an active role in helping Edward Snowden, a former NSA analyst, disclose a massive cache of classified documents.
Perhaps even Chelsea Manning.
www.cnn.com...

And yes, if they were complicit in helping to interfere in the elections process here, that is no matter to be taken lightly.
Unless of course, you want Russia to select our President.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I can't access his twitter for some reason. Maybe too much traffic? But I did get a glimpse enough to see he wants to run for U.K. Parliament.

The guy is sure not lacking in self-esteem and ego.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Glorious.

Which is almost as entertaining as watching confirmation bias in action.

So if you label discussing the truth behind our benevolent leaders actions as confirmation basis, does that still make it undesirable?

Or only for those who abhor the truth? I am starting to see a pattern here.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

He'd probably win too. He's so popular with the Right, now. I remember when it was the other way around... lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join