It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds to Conduct "Operation Gotham Shield" Simulating 10kt Nuke Detonation over NYC/NJ Next Mon. &

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can anyone explain why this got HOAX'd?

Edit:
I've been researching. Although I'm all over the place, mods should look into these links and resources to reevaluate on whether it's a hoax or not.

Official Health Care Association of New Jersey made a post regarding the exercise:
www.facebook.com...

The National Response Team (which claims to work with many US organizations like FEMA) made a PDF that you can download:
www.nrt.org...
The PDF was made by Chris Brown, the Senioer Health Scientist at the Office of Emergency Management and Preparedness.
He has a LinkedIn account www.linkedin.com...

The Nevada National Security Site (which is operated by the United States Department of Energy) has their own pdf document:
www.nnss.gov...
If you search the NNSS website using the word "FRMAC", you will end up on a page with a bunch search results. Click the Federal Radiological Monitoring and Assessment Center Events Calendar.
You will be taken to a calendar. If you look at the events for April, you will find Gotham Shield for April 24 - 28
beta.saic.com...

To end this, I would like to link a PDF created by Fema. At the end of the PDF, it shows the FEMA Regional Exercise Officers. We should contact that officer for the New York region and see if we can get any information regarding Gotham Shield and any radiation excersizes.
www.fema.gov...
edit on 20-4-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

This isn't a hoax. I just contacted staff with the links from health and human services, the nuclear national saftey administration, and fema

Health and Human Services Calendar DATE

National Nuclear Security Administration PDF

It's a FEMA National Exercise Program. The real deal

EdTA: how this was ever flagged as a hoax i will never understand.
edit on 20-4-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2017 by AnonyMason because: fixed links

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

This isn't a hoax. I just contacted staff with the links from health and human services, the nuclear national saftey administration, and fema

asprgis.hhs.gov...://asprgis.hhs.gov/medmap/default.aspx

www.nnss.gov...

It's a FEMA National Exercise Program. The real deal

Your Deperatment of Health & Human Services matches the data in the NNSS website I linked.

I wonder why this got HOAX'd...
edit on 20-4-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I just archived all the pages involved on the wayback machine, including the thread. If it's a hoax it's a hoax originating from multiple federal .gov websites.

Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

OP is not a HOAX. This thread is undeserving of the hoax tag.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Maybe there's a good reason.

Maybe you should message the staff using the alert button and ask for clarification.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
One final bump. This is not a hoax. More evidence to be found here from a download directory on the US National Response Team's website nrt.org download

The file is a non valid UTF 8 encoded .pdf. The screen shots below indicate a very real, non hoaxed FEMA led event that was scheduled to begin two days ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i've already contacted a staff member.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm not treating it as a hoax. I just canceled a business trip to the east coast.

Perhaps it's time to take a few weeks off....perhaps Cabo...Oz, NZ....
edit on 20-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

probably smart considering the information provided. The source isn't some obscure tin foil hatter. Federal .gov sites don't contain hoaxed data.

NRT prepping for 2 successful nuclear detonations? I wouldn't want to be in the New York New Jersey area between now and the beginning of May either.

As other members have stated: FEMA drills have this weird way of turning into real events.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

As other members have stated: FEMA drills have this weird way of turning into real events.

While I don't think this is a hoax for the reasons you stated, I think this particular line is illogical.

When my unit got back from Afghanistan we were immediately tasked to a 12 month rotation as DCRF assets. These exercises are part of the DCRF mission set and happen with way more regularity than you think.

NorthCom.mil-DCRF

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Further evidence that this is not a hoax can be found from this pdf file of the recorded minutes of the STATE INTEROPERABLE & EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION in Ney York. Full transcript of the meeting

KOPSTEIN : FEMA exercises in 2017?
TUTTLE : Gotham Shield 2017 will take place in the spring of 2017 . It's going to simulate a 10 - K il o ton IND explosion in New York City and Northern New Jersey, look at sheltering, evacuation, communications and infrastructure impacts and things of that nature as part of the Department of Defense Start - of - the - Century exercise series. So there's also g oing to be an exercise tying into that somehow up at the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe on the Canadian border of New York State. So I am working with the tribal representative as well with the federal government to ensure that's coordinated properly.

Excerpt from page 6 of the minutes.

More proof from the military: JTFCS NORTHCOM

This ROC Drill was a way to test the IND Response Playbook for Exercise Gotham Shield, an exercise being held in New York City at the end of April. It will test how well this plan works in the field, beyond how it looks on paper. Gotham Shield will be going on in tandem with the DCRF exercise, Guardian Response, and JTF-CS's own validation exercise, Vibrant Response.

And more from a New Jersey state committee meeting: New Jersey Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster

Presentation: Gotham Shield Exercise Troop er Tom Walsh provided a broad overview of the Gotham Shield exercise that FEMA is planning in the spring of 2017. This exercise involves prevention, response and recovery efforts related to an impro vised nuclear device in Hudson County. Discussion ensued about the different needs of an even t such as this in comparison to the weather - related events we have experienced over the last decade. More details will be forthcoming about the role of NJVOAD me mbers and partners.

More from Connecticut government site: The Connecticut EMS Advisory Board Emergency Preparedness Committee

A full - scale exercise ( FSE ) will be conducted on April 25, 2017 named Operation Gotham Shield. The exercise will center on an improvised nuclear device detonated on the New York/New Jersey border with mobil ization of the entire MAB fleet, 5 to 10 rotary aircraft and will be sta ging at MET Life Stadium . T hey will be reaching out to Connecticut for resources. There was discussion at the task force meeting on Connecticut developing a drill to run simultaneously with the April 25, 2017 FSE . As more information is available Bill wi ll share it with the group, Jon Best and Raffaella Coler. Jon Best noted travel outside Connecticut for state employees has to be preapproved and requires a minimum of 30 days’ notice. Jon Best also noted there is a conflict on April 25, 2017 with the DPH /DEMHS/CCM Emergency Management Conference.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm open to the possibility as FEMA drills in the past have been scheduled on the same day as terror attacks. Same thing for drills in London tube stations. That opinion has nothing to do with the HOAX tag, however.

The HOAX tag should be removed for the simple fact the OP provided truthful information and this has been validated from Federal and state government sources. Therefor this is not a hoax. This event will happen.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I find it odd and ridiculous that this was "HOAX"ed so quickly by the mods. There is ample and solid evidence for this operation being legitimate.

The second I saw "Fort Huachuca, Arizona" I knew this was serious. I grew up and spent 23 years in Cochise County AZ right next to that base. They specialize in radio coms (along with UAS and obviously other things). But that just isn't common knowledge.

Maybe it was because "false flag set up" was thrown out there so quickly? Please remind me, is this or is this not a CONSPIRACY THEORY forum??????

Just, ugh.

edit on 20-4-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2017 by Ilovemygreatdanes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You all might want to go back and take a look at the OP again, including the links the OP used as a source.

Certain web sites used as a source will automatically get a thread moved here.

Standard policy of the owners and admin of ATS. Have an issue with it, take it up with them.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Even when there is verifiable evidence from official government sources?

That alone warrants the HOAX tag's removal.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Is it true about the 9/11 exercises?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

What if the OP changed to one of the other links posted?

Can it get unhoaxed?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The rules are the rules.

Start a new thread that omits the superstation95 source. Use only links to official government sources. If that stays up, then there is no conspiracy to keep it off ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join