It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News moves Tucker Carlson up to O’Reilly time slot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think that there is a chance that there might be an organized effort to frame some for sexual harassment in order to get them off of the air. And once accused, fake or real, it is hard for a newscaster to get their rep back.

Megyn Kelly was rewarded for her efforts.

O'Reilly is another casualty of this stuff.

I like Tucker. I hope they do not pull this on him. He is dangerous to the left because he has common sense.

Do you really believe that no one on the right-wing EVER does anything wrong???

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
Credit to Source: The Hill

Man on man if the dems hated O'Reilly then they better get ready to despise the Ninja that is Tucker Carlson.

So you still like Bill? Even after whats happened?
you can say "Dems" hated him butwith his behaviour, anyone with a conscience should.
He was dropped for a reason.
It's not like this guy has been promoted, he simply replaced a guy who was dropped like a hot potato.

Ruined

edit on 19/4/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/4/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of course they do.

Bill O'Reilly was a rich, famous person. People like that are frequently the target of lawsuits. People want money, and all they have to do is accuse someone. Famous, rich people usually settle quickly, because it is easier than dealing with the fallout, even if they are innocent.

So, a few times, some women accused Bill of things and then got a payout. When one gets paid, others follow the easy money.

Now, the most recent:

The most recent allegation came on Tuesday evening when lawyer for a former African-American clerical worker at Fox alleged her client had been harassed by Mr O'Reilly in 2008

www.bbc.com...

I would almost guarantee that lawyer is a Dem. And 2008? All of a sudden they decide to make accusations? Nothing strange about that?

The hit jobs worked with Ailes. So, some who don't like what O'Reilly says force him out the same way. Who do you think was calling the advertisers telling them to drop O'Reilly?

edit on 4/19/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

So ... there's no chance that O'Reilly is just an old lech that has gotten away with it because of his position and power?

The way Roger Ailes did? I'm not sure if you're really a woman or if you only play one on ATS ... but why in the world would you assume AUTOMATICALLY that any woman involved (and I understand there are many) are just gold-diggers???

You must be lucky enough to have never been taken advantage of in a work/power situation. How nice for you.

You answered my question though ... Right-wingers/Republicans/Conservatives are all to be trusted and "Dems" are always dishonest and evil.

What a tiny pathetic little world you live in.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BlueAjah

So ... there's no chance that O'Reilly is just an old lech that has gotten away with it because of his position and power?

The way Roger Ailes did? I'm not sure if you're really a woman or if you only play one on ATS ... but why in the world would you assume AUTOMATICALLY that any woman involved (and I understand there are many) are just gold-diggers???

You must be lucky enough to have never been taken advantage of in a work/power situation. How nice for you.

You answered my question though ... Right-wingers/Republicans/Conservatives are all to be trusted and "Dems" are always dishonest and evil.

What a tiny pathetic little world you live in.

If that's the worldview the person in question has, then it's no more myopic than many a leftist on this site.

Hillary did absolutely nothing at all wrong and Trump absolutely colluded with the Russians at every turn. Right? Now, I'm not saying that's necessarily you, but to be fair, this goes on with right and left.

As I said, O'Reilly I can believe. He's had issues before, but Ailes did seem like a hit job to me. And at the same time you chide someone for being completely myopic, you are just as unwilling to concede that either of the two accused might have been unfairly targeted. After, all conservatives are obviously misogynistic creeps, especially if they happen to be white and straight. Right?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sooo... do you think that all women have to assume that all men are creeps?
I feel very sorry for women who go through life with that attitude.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

I don't know anyone on this planet that would think that tariq came out looking better in that debate. Tucker owned him easily.

Oh wait. Video uploaded by Tariq Live.

edit on 19-4-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good, I couldn't stand that pompous ash Guy. He couldn't even go two minutes without interrupting the person he had on his show. Lots of stuff I wanted to hear but that assclown would interrupt every damn sentence. Very hard to watch and frustrating.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181
Lou Dobs is my favorite, but even he is starting to interrupt guest all the time. Hannity seems to be rubbing off on him.

I am going to miss Red Eye, that was a funny show.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Good, I couldn't stand that pompous ash Guy. He couldn't even go two minutes without interrupting the person he had on his show. Lots of stuff I wanted to hear but that assclown would interrupt every damn sentence. Very hard to watch and frustrating.

I sort of agree with you. There were times when the person in question was clearly dodging the question and hoping to just vomit out whatever they came to say whether it applied to the questions or not. In those cases, an interruption is necessary to keep the interview from being derailed, but sometimes, he seemed to just be interrupting to keep a point he didn't want to address from being made.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Outlier13

I know. O'Reilly was surprisingly moderate to leftish on a a decent number of issues. I've yet to see that from Tucker. Oh well, that means I can actually look forward to the 7 o'clock TV slot in the house now. More puzzled Tuckerface for me.

Thank You!

I've been trying to tell people for years that O'Reilly is more of a moderate Democrat than anything else.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sooo... do you think that all women have to assume that all men are creeps?
I feel very sorry for women who go through life with that attitude.

Way to completely skirt the issue. Who's surprised?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Pfft.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Prepare to be shocked -- actually, maybe you better sit down...

I'm going to agree with you that there are creeps on all sides of the political spectrum.

This is just my opinion, but I believe O'Reilly had an established pattern of inappropriate contact with female co-workers. This has been a rumor on the political blogs for years.

This was a Big Scalp for some groups on the Left to be sure, but the bottom line is that it was O'Reilly's own behavior that did him in.

There's simply no way Fox gives up a cash cow like BR unless there's good reason...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like Tucker, but he's nowhere near the talent that O'Reilly was. This is a shame for every American, we need people like O'Reilly to present arguments that differ from the main stream media narrative, it helps everyone come closer to the truth.
edit on 19-4-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

Ugh! I was hoping for a more main role for someone like Gutfeld.

Gutfeld is a complete schmuck.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

That's why he's so good. He's a real debater.

He's the master debater. The masterbater, if you will.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

You mean when he laughs at his own so-called jokes.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Of course they do.

Bill O'Reilly was a rich, famous person. People like that are frequently the target of lawsuits. People want money, and all they have to do is accuse someone. Famous, rich people usually settle quickly, because it is easier than dealing with the fallout, even if they are innocent.

I'd offer a different view - he became wealthy and powerful and there is a feeling that if you are powerful, you get to make the rules. We see this constantly... a poor kid gets a slot on a major league football team and gets "high" on money and fame and behaves horribly (at one time coaches controlled this behavior... now they turn a blind eye to it because the guy is bringing in money.)

Even Trump said this, remember?

..“And when you’re a star they let you do it,” Trump says....“Grab them by the p----y,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”
www.motherjones.com...

And that attitude has been around a very long time. "When you're a star"...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: MysticPearl

You mean when he laughs at his own so-called jokes.

He is funny relative to lets say the daily show, bill maher, or john oliver.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Then who is taking Tuckers spot?

The FIVE is moving to the 9 p.m. slot.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join