It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright a Netflix Original

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Trying to find something to watch just now, and I came across this movie. It comes out in December, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

www.imdb.com...

Netflix has come a long way. It has made some good original series. They've also made some good original movies. I hope it will be just as good.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Man, that looks great. I just watched a weird, creepy movie on Netflix last night. It was called "The Eyes of My Mother" I think. I can't decide if I loved it or hated it. It sure is different and well done from a production standpoint.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

nice. thanks for the heads up.
i love noomi.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Too bad the actor is a racist. (Will Smith)
edit on 19-4-2017 by gimcrackery because: added actors name

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Oooh this looks fun!
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be waiting

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery

Er... what?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery

I think you are thinking of that other black guy. Jamie Foxx or something like that.

(Who is racist?)

The pot calling the kettle black?

On topic - I agree it looks awesome just too bad we have to wait so long.
edit on 19-4-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey man, I just saw this movie yesterday. It was actually really really good. Imagine Training Day meets Lord of the Rings and World of Warcraft. If that kind of merging of ideas appeals to you, you will not be disappointed. Plus its pretty damn funny too. Will Smith has a way to bring a natural humor to series subject matter, especially in this fantasy reality crossover.

Yes, it is a clearly disguised racial propaganda piece by Netflix, as they have been doing lately. But as long as you can see through that, it is still quite entertaining.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
it was pretty good.
reminded me a lot of alien nation from the 80's with james caan and inigo montoya

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Just finished watching it.

Pretty darn good movie.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Love the fairies, they are nothing like the innocent cute little sprites they are traditionally portrayed as in popular culture. More like some angry flying raccoon beast with attitude.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I watched it recently as well.

It was enjoyable for a one time watch. Too heavy on action and weak on character development for me.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
If your the kind of guy that enjoy easter eggs in video games, that is if you even play games, give it another go or two. The movie is loaded with fun references to all kinds of stuff. Pay closer attention to the graffiti and signs/flyer's on walls and utility poles.

It felt to me like watching somebody play a live action video game, almost like the movie Gamer! I am likely to add it to my rotating list of movies I will watch again every now and then.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I liked it and will likely watch it again.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
The only thing I actually was not a fan of were the OP dark elves. OP or not, your not going to just take out an entire SWAT team with rifles single handedly with melee. They should have written in magic , like an enhanced speed spell or deflection of ranged weapons spell or something. Or perhaps it was meant to be implied?? All the magic they were using though required a chant and the wand, so definitely they should have at least written in spells to explain being able to melee so many armed gangsters and cops in a single go.

That my only gripe though.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Which is good, 'cause the Fey weren't/aren't cute and cuddly. They are, or can be, if you believe, rather nasty when provoked.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The main thing I didn't like was how they brought the Orc back. Not everything should have a happy ending. Other than that I was pretty engrossed in the movie.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Worse netflicks original ever made. It felt like a tv movie and the elves were trying too hard to be vampires.
Utter tripe.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
How were the elves trying to be vampires? They were not sucking anyones blood or maintaining human blood farms in warehouses...

Oh trust me, there are much worse Netflix originals out there. Mostly the tv shows, I find alot of their sci-fi movies pretty good. Have you seen Spectral, thats a pretty good Netflix original, although the very concept of the enemy in the movie was basically impossible as it defies the proven capacity of Boss-Einstein condensate.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The way they moved looked etc the way they gawped at everyone and got close...
I saw spectral and it was better then bright.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join