It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Massachusetts drug cases to be dismissed after lab scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But in general population, that way people her sloppy work convicted wrongly can "thank" her personally.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Even back then, a person, who's "professional" analysis could cause someone to be arrested and incarcerated would require impeccable credentials. Why that was not caught is plain gross negligence. She should certainly be blamed, but the state is more to blame for the crimes and liable to those who's lives where certainly harmed.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I don't mean to make this thread drift but I've seen a similar incident happen

Exactly, the sad reality of this is, is that things like this happen everywhere. For example; I use to work for a private company that did explosives screening, kind of like TSA but on a much larger, behind the scenes operation. We had one employee saying he screened everything and followed the proper protocol. However one of our screened export shipments had traces of explosives in a pharmaceutical shipment. Keep in mind though that we had an account with Lockheed Martin and we actually dealt with explosives on a daily basis. After that happened we had a full blown audit by Homeland security, it was a big deal and they went through hours of CCTV footage and found out that he wasn't screening even half the shipments. Fired, and company fined, a LOT.

Not drifting the thread at all. Corporate culture is universal and relies upon appearances rather than tangible results. There is no sense of ethics left because all is subordinated to increasing profits and profit margins. Nearly all will cut corners at the expense of public and worker safety and for the most part don't even care about that.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

She should spend the combined total of the time given to people who were convicted on her bullsh#t evidence.

Just imagine how much of this goes on unchecked right now.
edit on 19-4-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: TinySickTears

That's actually another Massachusetts drug lab scandal. No real reason for Ms. Dookhan's crimes was ever really stated other than her need to be praised and liked.

im pretty sure i read that in an article about this bitch.

either way.......

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

So what is the reason it took so long to move forward?

$$$$$ Private prisons are there to make a profit and I will bet my life that there are plenty of cops, judges, state and local prosecutors that have stock in those companies.
Then, you have the fact that these people - cops, judges and prosecutors - that don't want to admit that the "justice" system is so flawed, things like this happen more often than we know. This looks seriously bad on all involved. Not just the woman or the lab, it looks bad on everyone because they probably knew something hinky was going on, but their success rate prosecuting drug cases was just too good and the fact that it took this long to get it out in the open and solved, tells you there were plenty of people behind the scenes trying to keep it quiet.

I do not, and never will, trust the U.S. justice system. Way too many dirty cops, judges and prosecutors out there trying to make a name for themselves, at the cost of innocent people's lives.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

She should get 20 years in maximum security.

I'd add in some prison time for the lab's CEO, their QC director and her immediate supervisor.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Any case where her "work" brought a conviction, they'll have to toss out, and she's responsible for any time served, any fines, any loss of property, and so forth, for every single case. She needs to be jailed, on a work program, paying this off for the rest of her life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join