It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know Bob Dylan admitted selling his soul to the devil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Belief in the Devil is what psychoanalysts call 'projection'. It betrays psychological naivety and a profound lack of self-knowledge.

The latter often arises from a justified fear of introspection. The believer is afraid to examine themselves rigorously because he or she is frightened of what might be discovered lurking within. Far safer to make up an imaginary fiend and project all one's aggressive, selfish and destructive behaviour on to it. 'The Devil made me do it.'

Like God, the Devil was a necessary invention.

Whatever you hippy. Yhwh stares into the abyss,and his reflection stares back. The inverted (right left, not up down) false image.

Personification is your hangup, and everyone else's.
edit on 29-4-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's because the devil is supposed to tempt people according to the abrahamic religions. Lying isn't a super power and the bible doesn't say he gave Jesus a Porsche to prove he could do it. In fact there's nothing in the bible that points to the devil being able to do anything other than talk.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli
I really didn't knew one of the worlds most famous musicians openly admitted this, until I found this video on youtube.

I know there will always be people who're going to say he meant something else. But for me, it is pretty damn obvious he means he sold his soul to the devil. God knows how many musicians made a bargain with "the chief commander"... But looking at todays music industry I think there are a lot more musicians who are following the same path.

What's your take on this?

Wow, the disinformationists have really come out in droves for this thread.

That's a sure fire sign that you're on to something. Don't let them discourage you.

Bob Dylan WAS subtly dropping dimes here. I'm sure he was dealt with for making this remark, on tv no less.

He hasn't said anything further about it, has he?

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

That's because the devil is supposed to tempt people according to the abrahamic religions. Lying isn't a super power and the bible doesn't say he gave Jesus a Porsche to prove he could do it. In fact there's nothing in the bible that points to the devil being able to do anything other than talk.

True enough, but there is also the possibility that he can do things, and does, to tempt people. All with a catch, of course, but possible. The devil is a fallen angel, after all and they do have powers beyond what we mere humans have.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Privy_Princess
Bob Dylan WAS subtly dropping dimes here. I'm sure he was dealt with for making this remark, on tv no less.

And how was he 'dealt with'? They take his money, fame or his life? Maybe they beat him with rubber hoses or gave him a noogie. Such drama.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

background ....

eu·phe·mism
[ˈyo͞ofəˌmizəm]

NOUN
a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing...

Dylan made an Allusion...voiced a Euphemism...
He did not make an Soul-Shattering Announcement of Absolute Truth....
he should know...he deals in poetic lyrics and thought-scapes for a living...

he only said he was pragmatic and dealt with the worldly powers-that-be on their Stage, in their Language, in their medium-of-exchange--------------------------- the poetic selling-of-Ones'-soul

edit on rd31150081852223022017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

Yes, I have seen this "confesion" many years ago... I assume Dylam is pulling the devil a fast one... When it is time to pay up Dylan will use his creativity with language to tell the devil he misunderstood.

But..seriously.. If Dylan say this, can you imagine how many more we do not know of did the same?

I do have the feel that it is mostly an american thing and it goes further than musicians. Politicians, medical doctors, engineers...all who can be usefull some day to be of service in order to create the ulitmate insult to God,.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: Privy_Princess

background ....

eu·phe·mism
[ˈyo͞ofəˌmizəm]

NOUN
a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing...

Dylan made an Allusion...voiced a Euphemism...
He did not make an Soul-Shattering Announcement of Absolute Truth....
he should know...he deals in poetic lyrics and thought-scapes for a living...

he only said he was pragmatic and dealt with the worldly powers-that-be on their Stage, in their Language, in their medium-of-exchange--------------------------- the poetic selling-of-Ones'-soul

Don't be naive.. Sure Dylan made a deal with something ..or someone...for something. That is a confirmation of what is happening in politics...on the world stage...with players on that level.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think a lot of people think selling your soul to the devil means giving the devil control of your soul and he'll make you successful.

In actually selling your soul to the devil means giving up your creative license to a record label or entertainment company and allowing them to shape you into a profitable brand.

So selling your soul to the devil doesn't mean making a deal with the devil, it means giving up your creative license to an entity for profit.

For example, say you're a singer that sings gospel, but after the labels look at their data they decide that you shouldn't sing gospel and should instead be a gangster rapper. You would be selling your soul to the devil so you can become a star and be rich and famous.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

exactly what I mentioned earlier :

he only said he was pragmatic and
dealt with the worldly powers-that-be on their Stage,
in their Language,
in their medium-of-exchange

i.e.:--------------------------- the poetic selling-of-Ones'-soul

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

If you have the talent and aren't emotionally attached to your art and know the right people selling your soul to the industry isn't a bad deal if that's what you want out of life though.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I once hoisted a few beers with the devil at Toronto's 'Chick’N’Deli'. Seemed like a nice guy. My fellow Canucks oughtta get this.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well if that raspy voiced Dylan did in fact sell his soul to the devil, ol 'scratch really needs to get his money back. Dylan always sucked pretty bad...worst vocalist in the history of music.

IMO, of course, lol

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
probably why its beautiful like that, reasonable a reply to: ChemicalAli

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Sounds like a good deal to me. Sell something that doesn't exist and get an AMAZING musical and poetry talent in return.
it is amazing, isn't it. I refused Dylan for a long time, because he talk-sings you know. Anyway, for some reason he slipped in, i laugh a lot listening to his music

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Incorrect. You cannot sell what God already owns:

Ezekiel 18:4 - "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine"

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

Just saw this and not sure if it is acknowledged by you, but that's not Joan Baez singing, it's Emmy Lou Harris. Just had to throw that out there as a die hard ELH fan..... all credit where credit is due. She said Bob Dylan was notoriously challenging to work with, as he would completely switch things up after rehearsals.... And looking @ his collaborations over the years it checks out... to her credit, and raw talent at harmony, it actually works. Lovely.

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

and now he creates Discordian music for hell???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join