It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know Bob Dylan admitted selling his soul to the devil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Games are the province of the devil.

Wake the hell up.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Bob is a great and good man.

How do you know what kind of Man a perfect stranger is? You read hearts from pictures. We don't even know the hearts of our close kin.

Because I have listened to him since 1984. I know his music inside out. I read lots of poetry. I understand every word of what Bob sings; I'm on his wave length. He is no stranger to me. I have written songs for many years, too. I know the whole craft well. I can tell a fake from a real diamond. Dylan's a Dunkin's for sure.

I don't know him personally, of course not, but his music is like his diary and autobiography. You'll never understand so it is really not worth bothering.

Have fun dissing yet another Jewish artist and calling them the devil. It looks pretty inane from here.

I just made a wicked Deep House tune feat Kristen Stewart. Lol, I just sent her a copy. Damn, she is one smouldering HOT ACTRESS! See her in "Personal Shopper" - wicked film, Bud!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Bob is a great and good man.

How do you know what kind of Man a perfect stranger is? You read hearts from pictures. We don't even know the hearts of our close kin.

Because I have listened to him since 1984. I know his music inside out. I read lots of poetry. I understand every word of what Bob sings; I'm on his wave length. He is no stranger to me. I have written songs for many years, too. I know the whole craft well. I can tell a fake from a real diamond. Dylan's a Dunkin's for sure.

I don't know him personally, of course not, but his music is like his diary and autobiography. You'll never understand so it is really not worth bothering.

Have fun dissing yet another Jewish artist and calling them the devil. It looks pretty inane from here.

I just made a wicked Deep House tune feat Kristen Stewart. Lol, I just sent her a copy. Damn, she is one smouldering HOT ACTRESS! See her in "Personal Shopper" - wicked film, Bud!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

I'm wide awake. I am not falling for that eighteenth century witch hunt BS. I am a 21st century human being. You people act like you are judge, jury and executioner. It's crazy and it's got to STOP! It's just turning the whole West into a miserable lot of moans. Christ said:

Don't Judge

Bob even passes my own personal Acid Test! He has been a great literary companion. He and TS are my favourite POETS.

I'm out of here before you guys start "Inquisitioning" me, lol:

Mercy, mercy, jailor!

edit on 19-4-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You can't sell something you don't own.
American Standard Version Eze 18:4
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

He couldn't sell his soul if he wanted to.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Kristen Stewart is gay you know. I personally find her completely scrawny and plain looking.
Jewish you brought that into it?

You'll never understand so it is really not worth bothering.

A very strange thing to say you have no idea who I am for all you know I am a well-known songwriter.
I actually feel sorry for people who think they know strangers by their art, their words, their actions or anything else when the person is about making money and growing fans.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: ChemicalAli

NO, he did not.

In Bob Dylan language THE COMMANDER IS CHRIST/GOD:

bobdylan.com...

"Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the
Commander-in-Chief

Saying, “Tell me great hero, but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?”

The
Commander-in-Chief
answers him while chasing a fly
Saying, “Death to all those who would whimper and cry”
And dropping a barbell he points to the sky
Saying, “The sun’s not yellow it’s chicken”

You are making things up. You and many more like you are hearing what you want to hear and not what he is meaning. Yes, he plays games with us and that is something else I like about him; his dry humour. I am like it, too. Bob is a great and good man. He has his shortfalls like we all do, but that ain't one of them.

For goodness sake get a grip, lol.

So you think those words are about Jesus. Strange idea. Sick words.

Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, “Tell me great hero, but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?”

The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying, “Death to all those who would whimper and cry”
And dropping a barbell he points to the sky
Saying, “The sun’s not yellow it’s chicken”

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Didn't he do drugs too. Wonder what the timeline was with that?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
You can't sell something you don't own.
American Standard Version Eze 18:4
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

He couldn't sell his soul if he wanted to.

You can sell your allegiance and the music industry clearly has a side.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The video looks fake. It's Dylan, but he's not saying what is dubbed.

Therefore this is a hoax.
edit on 19/4/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
LOl, he means the record companies, that devil.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I definitely think this guy sold his soul to the devil.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
listen to this- youtu.be...
- imho that describes what signing up with the devil is like very well.
not what Bob Dylan was on about.
but yes - listen to Immortal Technique´s Dance with a devil if you haven't done so yet. be warned though
"because when the devil wants to dance with you - you better say never. because the dance with the devil might last you forever."

not lying- the song makes me cry each time i listen.
precious art.

edit on 19-4-2017 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Yup, he was on horse.

And you asked the exact same question I would have asked. All I've seen is "hinted he sold his soul for fame in the 60s" with no date. Which is about the same time he started using.

Do you think his sunglasses were a fashion statement??

I'm going to say they are one in the same. On some documentary (sorry forgot which one), he read some of his lyrics he wrote during that time and said, "Who writes stuff like this?"

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A typical example of how the wrong title of a thread can lead to 80% thinking he implied the devil. He said "Commander in Chief", A reference to God. He is a religious man, if anyone cares to read up on him.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
"My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament."

About the same thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I am not, first off, one who assumes that all non-Christian music is somehow evil, as many will claim who talk about cases like this one. All of it isn't, and I believe those who promote such ideas are making it harder to see the truth. That said, there are some cases where the influence is clear, and even, as in this case, admitted!

It's fascinating how he talked around the figure with whom he dealt, avoiding naming him.

Another such case, in legend, is this one - ROBERT JOHNSON’S DEAL WITH THE DEVIL AND THE CROSSROADS CURSE

Studying the idea of some influence can be tough, though, because of those who go too far in their claims. Still, there are some solid claims. The Madonna Superbowl routine was very occult in nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Did you know Bob Dylan admitted selling his soul to the devil?

He did not - preachin' Bob is clearly talking about God, when he talks about the "chief commander". He had a very religious phase and an in the late 70's even took five months off to go to bible school.

Yeah, he made some sort of 'deal' with God - likely it just in form of a more or less random prayer in which he pleaded for God's help to overcome some struggle or other.

Do you have support for that? Not saying you aren't correct, but if he meant God, why not just say so?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

Forgetting where he said he'd give Jesus this and that? he's a fallen angel and angels do have powers we don't.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
And yet, quite a number of his songs are obviously religious in nature below the surface.

Ah, well, you know what they say - of war and peace, the truth just twists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join