It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Possibly but Russian air defense didn't anticipate 59 Tomahawks at the time it was put in place. That is not evidence that the Russians didn't have Radar jamming/stealth tech on the AD.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

Neither side are gods. Both come up with new systems and the other counters it. It's business as usual. Just like inflating your capabilities is.

War is no closer now than it was 30 years ago. Neither side wants war and is going to put up with a lot to prevent it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Because no one else saw that coming and worked to counter it, right? It's not EMP, it's microwave. Both sides harden against both HPM and EMP. Russia is damn good in several fields but granting them magic capabilities is just as bad as underestimating them.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What Rus have USA probably has since ages. I wonder if they are still stealing US's tech like in soviet times.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Asking western war monger central about 'enemy threats illicits one response.

'Murica the Invincible!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't understand why any country does this sort of thing. Is there a good reason that I've overlooked for making such an announcement?

"Real G's move in silence"

One of my favorite rap lines because it seems like the best modus vivendi to me.

I would stay hush hush until force needed to be used, then -surprise bros it's me!

Anyone wanna tell me why they do this or are y'all as confused and non bothered as I am?

-Alee

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Is it safe to assume a "G" is a gangster?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Indeed it is, or atleast that's my understanding lol.

I think of todays world leaders as similar to gang and cartel leaders so it seemed fitting in my mind

-Alee

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for that info.

But.........did they really disable the USS Donald Cook? I don't recall how that was parsed out.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hate to turn this into a prophecy post but it does relate in some way.

This brings up a thought about a movie/documentary I was watching a few days ago. (Let me see if I can find the reference to what I'm referring to)

Mitar Tarabich (1829–1899)

"The greatest and the angriest will strike against the mightiest and the most furious! When this horrible war starts, woe to those armies that fly over skies; better off will be those who fight on ground and water.

This was also the guy who said that bombs would be used that would put people to sleep instead of killing them. This is back in the 1800s. The reason I looked into this guy originally was after the story I read where there is a town somewhere in russia where people constantly want to sleep... pretty much sleeping their lives away. Testing on the people perhaps?

All very strange.

For the curious, read up on this guy. So say, his predictions have been VERY accurate and very detailed.

edit on 19-4-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
What Rus have USA probably has since ages. I wonder if they are still stealing US's tech like in soviet times.

I can't understand why some people under estimate Russian Technology.

After all, they where In Space before the Americans. Shows what they can do when they want to.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I guess time will tell but I'm sure they have something up their sleave that we don't know about.
edit on 19-4-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pure BS. Russia is woefully behind the US on military technology. The only trump card they hold militarily is the preponderance of nukes in their possession. Everything else is just posturing.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Quite unsettling...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No. They just flew around it. The pod that they supposedly used to do it can't be carried by the Su-24.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Of course they do. Just like we have stuff they don't know about. It's the nature of the game. But, as I said, both sides have ways to protect against EMP and HPM on their equipment. The civilian side is screwed, but not so much the military.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

I'm just gonna have to call shenanigans on that. 5-legged? Three, at best.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

“They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land”. “For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate”.

LOL what version of the Bible are you reading. The USA isn't mentioned in the bible, unless you're reading the Book of Mormon

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Fox news is sure quick on the uptake, this 'news' is at least a couple of years old.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-4-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The report also claims they are capable to creating electronic jamming domes over their bases that make them invisible on radar screens.

I am calling bullsnip.

Because if they had such a thing they would have used it in Syria and the tomahawk strike would have never gotten through.

Russians like to claim a lot of things.

Just state propaganda.

You can jam electronic transmissions in a variety of ways. Simplest way is a spark generator or a Faraday wheel:

en.wikipedia.org...

This happens in the real world when you have an old vacuum cleaner, electric drill or badly tuned car engine. Then you lose radio or TV signals. A more refined system could jam particular frequencies. Then there is the ElectroMagnetic Pulse from a nuclear explosion. Anything that ionizes atoms will create free electrons which will then give off photons as they reattach to atoms eg. lightning strikes. EMP will blow out electric circuits due to currents generated.

Russia and China won't go to war with the USA. North Korea is like playing a three-sided chess game with rogue pieces that move on their own.

edit on 19-4-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join