It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Weapon of indignation? The Bible speaks of the very thing which Russia is now proposing: A weapon which can render our army helpless.

“They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land”. “For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate”.

Things are getting creepy, eh ATS?

Russia has claimed it can disable the entire US Navy in one fell swoop using powerful electronic signal jamming. A news report from the country – where the media is essentially controlled by the state – said the technology could render planes, ships and missiles useless. The newsreader says: “Today, our Russian Electronic Warfare (REW) troops can detect and neutralise any target from a ship’s system and a radar, to a satellite.” The news report claims a single Russian war plane flew several times around American destroyer the USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea several years ago, disabling its systems and leaving it helpless. The report also claims they are capable to creating electronic jamming domes over their bases that make them invisible on radar screens.

Is there any way to fight/defend against such a weapon? Things are not looking good, ATS. What say you?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Not worried.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Weapon of indignation? The Bible speaks of the very thing which Russia is now proposing: A weapon which can render our army helpless.

“They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land”. “For out of the north there cometh up a nation against her, which shall make her land desolate”

Why are you mixing Fake News with Real News..?

Shame on you...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

# or get off the pot.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What makes you think that we dont have the same capabilities, or something even greater? Also, I would hope that all our critical systems have been hardened to protect against just such an attack.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The report also claims they are capable to creating electronic jamming domes over their bases that make them invisible on radar screens.

I am calling bullsnip.

Because if they had such a thing they would have used it in Syria and the tomahawk strike would have never gotten through.

Russians like to claim a lot of things.

Just state propaganda.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

EMP weapons are discussed frequently.

And yah they can disable electronics.

But its kind of a moot point.

I very seriously doubt that the US and Russia are going to war.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Bunch of crap.
How are they shielding their own hardware from this?
Star Trek type fantasy weapon.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Russians do have this ability, so does the USA. It is not bull crap. The problem with using it is that if one side uses it. both sides will. Another thing, it will also disrupt the commercial airlines and also many cars nowadays. I don't see them using this technology that much. I think some of our jets have some electronics that are protected from this, but I am not sure, The F35 may be immune to this kind of technology.

It is real, I am sure that the Russians blew up how effective it is, but it is real. I read about this in Our military technology a while back, the USA system is a little different but similar. I do not know who's is better.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Hold it, what about our new 13,000,000,000 dollar super carrier?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's propaganda. Russian news reports also claimed at one point that they were working on a seventh generation fighter, putting them decades ahead of anyone else.

Both sides have EM weapons, and both sides harden against said weapons. Neither side has an advantage in the field.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The title is a bit disingenuous.

When you say Russia, people assume it's coming from their government, not their "media".

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I can claim to be a 5-legged-duck...that doesn't make it true.

This is not the sort of thing I worry about.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Meh.

I thought the bible was all made up?

I was more scared of Russia when they talked about resurrecting Rasputin and shipping him to America to stay at Mar-a-Lago with Melania.

Way better story there folks

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

See now, THAT sounds more interesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

What about the subs?

If you don't get the subs, you get the subs---If you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I say that the Americans are gods and the ruskys are nothing.

....in the eyes of the Americans.

In the real world:

Last night I heared sngle engine fighterjets scrambling.
And that's NOT the normal modus operandi for an airfield, of wich the NATO general says only AWACS flights are done.
It's the airfield nato hq uses.

I've seen this a couple of times before... during the Bosnie conflict and Golfwar nr 2.

Therefor I must conclude that war is not that far away.

link   
Russia also claims to have never had a nuclear weapons accident either

link   
FOX NEWS bringing this to it's audience?....I'm shocked!!!....yawn

link   

I've seen 6his coming for years. People here are too quick to poopoo Russia and underestimate what they've been working on all this time.

I firmly believe that Russia has a massive amount of time and money invested in EMP technology. Doubters are a bit naive tbh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join