It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America missed an Opportunity to end the Korean War this Weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Apples to oranges, my friend.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: Stevemagegod

That isn't an opportunity, it is mass murder.

Except War is Mass Murder and the North has been threatening All out War for decades now.

I'm starting to think you're a psycho with all the # you spout.
You have no idea what you're talking about. You saw some # on TV and then advocate dropping the bombs.
Screw all the innocent people that would die right?
You're a straight up but job man

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Why do all of you usa lunatics say the same thing and do something totally different? All you humiliate NK and say they are useless. But then want to nuke them cause they are a threat? Make up your minds. And btw are you 100% sure in a fight with NK usa will stay safe and no consequences? You all are so sure about yourselfs.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AnonyMason

Every single one of these North Korea threads makes it painfully apparent that none of you know anything about the DPRK or just how powerful they actually are.

They said the same thing in the First Gulf War run up with Saddam and Iraq.

Toy's mean nothing without experience.

And for better or worse it's something the west has a lot of.

What no experience. As usa have not won a war in 50 years

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

So they're gonna rowboat/donkey cart their nuke to another location whole surrounded by US, Chinese, and Russian military. Lol

We get it, having nukes is impressive. We had nukes in the 40s. I think you're probably overestimating half century old technology, not in terms of theoretical impact but instead in their ability to deliver it accurately and without interference, especially while under close observation by the leading military powers in the world.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Exactly. This isn't a video game. Morals still count.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

One MOAB would have been enough to take everything out at once. From the Leadership down to the individual Soldiers and Weapons. Then simultaneously take out their Communications with Tomahawks followed by Bunker Busting Bombs on any known Nuclear Test sites.

Clearly, the Pentagon missed out on a major strategic thinker.

China better get ready to accept those refugees from the crisis they created by taking the Norths side in the 1st place.

The US better get ready to accept a million Chinese troops pouring into N. Korea, as happened back in '51.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What a load of utter twaddle. You clearly haven't a clue about North Korea. If you think NK is going to go down without a MASSIVE loss of life and bloodshed on both sides then you are sorely mistaken. Not only will China and Russia step in to help NK, but NK itself isn't exactly defenceless. Do you really believe that military parade the other day wasn't covered by Russian and Chinese air defences given to NK over the years?

Get a clue before you advocate dropping bombs on people next time.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

They haven't done anything physically, but they have threatened to nuke us many times when they get the technology perfected. Either way we are still at war with NK. A 60 year cease-fire can only last so much longer. How long can there be a dmz, how long can a cease-fire last. Not forever, and I guarantee no peace agreement will be laid out untill some sort of military action takes place. No one wants war, but there really is no other way.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: gladtobehere

They haven't done anything physically, but they have threatened to nuke us many times when they get the technology perfected. Either way we are still at war with NK. A 60 year cease-fire can only last so much longer. How long can there be a dmz, how long can a cease-fire last. Not forever, and I guarantee no peace agreement will be laid out untill some sort of military action takes place. No one wants war, but there really is no other way.

Exactly. Should we wait till they Nuke the Capital of SK or should we take advantage of the situation and Hit them with everything we got while there off showing off there new Toys?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

In their defense, threatening isn't quite the same as doing it... It can lead to it, certainly, but not the same.

Dropping a MOAB, which seems to be the new cure-all, wouldn't have done a thing save get a bunch of South Koreans killed in Seoul by the retaliatory artillery barrage, possibly with WMD's such as gas, or biologic agents...

Nope, the safest course is to continue containment. I still have friends in the military, and children of friends, not to mention extended family...I'd just as soon they not have a Korean conflict to go along with the nonsense in the Middle East. One stupidity at a time, please.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

The US better get ready to accept a million Chinese troops pouring into N. Korea

Yeah , all goin after Lil Kimmie-boy , too . Wonder which one will get to him first ?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Except for the minor fact that the only aircraft capable of carrying MOAB wouldn't have gotten anywhere near Pyongyang without being shot down.

Are the Pyongyang defences that sophisticated? I was under the impression they had not been allowed any new military technology from outside since the 80’s due to embargos and sanctions.
I would of thought they would be very vulnerable from the stealth fleet.

Actually I read someplace that their missiles that had been fired into the ocean all had advanced MADE IN CHINA parts.. Also was it yesterday or the day before that Russia said something to the effect that they would stand with NK ?

Allot of the policies we have been witnessing from NATO and the USA have done more to cement stronger relationships between those we oppose than any other act in my life time..

As far as N. Korea being on their last legs and about ready to crumble... I don't think so; simple because that is not how it works in a military dictatorship unless the people rise up and dispose of the heads of state.. The N. Koreans are use to living and scraping by with very little and educated to worship their almost god like leader... There was an article that fat boy actually shot even par the first time he ever played golf... if that ain't god like propaganda I don't know what is...I would play him for $10,000 a stroke if there was some way I could be assured of not being feed to his dogs or strapped to the business end of and anti-aircraft gun during a live fire mission if I won...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They will not nuke South Korea because they would end up poisoning themselves. They have more than enough artillery and MLRS to turn Seoul into ruins within the hour. The generals and government of the south have discretely expressed their willingness to make this sacrifice though. Or I should say, the South Korean Deep State is ready to make that sacrifice.

The only targets NK can nuke effectively would be Guam, Japan, or our carrier fleets. But! I have confidence in our proven ABM systems which now surround NK to mitigate this threat as well.

The South Koreans will not be alone. Australia, USA, the Philippines, Thailand, and Japan are all on board to commit ground forces to assist our South Korean allies in this inevitable eventuality. Although, not sure how well Japanese ground forces on the peninsula will go over with either population, likely not well at all. They will certainly contribute well to the air campaign though.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Seems a butt-load of leaflets could have been dropped-in? syria?
iraq

If we're going to drop anything on NK, it should be information on how and where to defect to?

Let their military guys have cause to crap themselves and flee in horror?

Ya know something's up when proven successes are frowned upon in dealing with NK?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

They have been dropped. Both North and South Korea have been sending leaflets across the border into the other.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: loveguy

They have been dropped. Both North and South Korea have been sending leaflets across the border into the other.

North
South

I guess stronger words used with frightened looking animations would do better than what has already been produced?
But if we do that, NK could shoot down the messenger?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The only way to defeat N Korea is a ground war and that will be rough going for the US.

Trump has gotten a briefing on the vast challenges in a war with NK so he is less belligerent lately.

Such a war would be very very nasty. Hurt the economy tremendously, potentially wreck S Korea and maybe Japan and cause all kinds of serious problems with China, economically, politically and militarily.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I kind of feel bad for the general populous of NK since a good majority of them are basically living in a place were the government and leader is almost that of a cult. While some might know that it's messed up at the same time said people probably also know the consequences of defecting from NK an what could/would happen to family if they didn't get caught. As for the younger portion of the population hard to say really. Either way they are living in a country ruled by an egotistical god personified leader who has brainwashed a good portion of the population to think 95% of the outside world is evil. Personally I think we should wait for them to make the first move if it comes to war cause if we insight it we are really no better then any other out in left field war monger. Just my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Guess that's what we call ugly Americans where I come from

To my face?

Nah, just under your breath as you slink away.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join