It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America missed an Opportunity to end the Korean War this Weekend

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't understand why Military Dictatorships have Military Parades. You have all of your Soldiers out on Full Display with Weapons in Hand and then on the other side you got all of your Toys that you've spent decades building with your very limited resources all out for the World to see. Then you have the Full Military Dictatorship on there Thrones overseeing the Parade. One MOAB would have been enough to take everything out at once. From the Leadership down to the individual Soldiers and Weapons. Then simultaneously take out their Communications with Tomahawks followed by Bunker Busting Bombs on any known Nuclear Test sites. They knew they were poking the Bear when they decided to Evacuate their capital city of all the important people.

China claims it wants a peaceful resolution to the situation but America tried Strategic Patients for last 6 Administrations+. China better get ready to accept those refugees from the crisis they created by taking the Norths side in the 1st place.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

I don't give a crap about North Korea. Their missile technology is not credible. The country is on the verge of economic collapse. There are lot of people who live there hate it and love western music. We need to sick back and let them flounder.

Bombing North Korea will in no way shape or form make my life any better in New Jersey.

But you do make a good point with your MOAB argument. It's like the satire in the Austin Powers movies about having an elaborate death trap rather than just putting a cap in someone's head.

edit on 19-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

1. long extended wars (actions) are way more profitable.

2. The US doesn't do that stuff outright, except Japan. Behind the scenes maybe, but that would be super public and well known who did what.

3. What so you think the repercussions would be if your strike happened?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Except for the minor fact that the only aircraft capable of carrying MOAB wouldn't have gotten anywhere near Pyongyang without being shot down.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ask yourself, what's the purpose of a military parade? To show off your nations goods and inspire confidence among the population.

Two things NK is severely lacking.

I can't help but feel that much of the U.S. MIC consider NK a joke and a waste of it's resources. Yet, will never turn down an opportunity for sabre-rattling.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There was foreign press that attended the event. You would have killed Americans, Chinese citizens, and I think some people from the UK.

That's it. There is no conspiracy or greater agenda

Edit:
Here's a video of one of the reporters, Will Ripley, at the parade:
twitter.com...
edit on 19-4-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That isn't an opportunity, it is mass murder.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Do you actually believe all the hardware was real? The only real thing in the parade was the vehicles pulling the stage props.
OH, and the few thousand"enthusiastic" flag wavers.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was thinking the same when I was watching the parade. We could strike now and devastate their offensive capability. I felt two MOAB's would have been safer for good measure. But at the same time, Seoul still would have been in flames within the hour. That military parade was a showcasing f their best assets, but it was not their entire arsenal by a longshot.

I guess we could have asked the South if hey were willing to go ahead with it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I don't give a crap about North Korea. Their missile technology is not credible. The country is on the verge of economic collapse. There are lot of people who live there hate it and love western music. We need to sick back and let them flounder.

Isn't that what we've been doing for how many years? And yet they haven't collapsed and we are still dealing with the problem that is NK.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Except for the minor fact that the only aircraft capable of carrying MOAB wouldn't have gotten anywhere near Pyongyang without being shot down.

Are the Pyongyang defences that sophisticated? I was under the impression they had not been allowed any new military technology from outside since the 80’s due to embargos and sanctions.
I would of thought they would be very vulnerable from the stealth fleet.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

MOAB is dropped from either an MC-130 or regular C-130. Even with terrain masking they would have been lucky to get anywhere close enough to have dropped it.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They drop it out the back of a C-130.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

That isn't an opportunity, it is mass murder.

Except War is Mass Murder and the North has been threatening All out War for decades now.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Are the Pyongyang defences that sophisticated? I was under the impression they had not been allowed any new military technology from outside since the 80’s due to embargos and sanctions.
I would of thought they would be very vulnerable from the stealth fleet.

China and Russia have supplied NK with all the defensive capabilities they have.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Parades are for national pride, and nothing is more proud for a police state than their military forces and weapons.

Parades also exist for the people, and when there are civilians present, no nation can attack said military parade without it being a war crime due to the civilian casualties.

But, when you limit your people's access to world views and information about the capabilities of other countries' militaries, these people probably think that they're the proverbial sh*t and it builds confidence in their government. With dictatorships, if the people lose confidence in your government, you have a massive problem...what better way to deter that than parading a bunch of deadly weapons in front of your subjects?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Every single one of these North Korea threads makes it painfully apparent that none of you know anything about the DPRK or just how powerful they actually are. I would suggest reading... a lot.

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: gps777

Two of the most respected experts on North Korea, one of them retired CIA, Senior Advisor to the Director of National Intelligence and the Director of the National Counterproliferation Center and the Intelligence Community Mission Manager for North Korea, Joseph DeTrani; the other, Col David S Maxwell (ret) ( who also happens to be the former G3 and Chief of Staff of USASOC and Chief of Staff, SOCKOR) say that you're wrong. Just because the DPRK doesn't have missiles tipped with warheads doesn't mean that they can't deliver a nuclear weapon through other means.

US Intelligence estimates suggest that North Korea has several tens (as in multiples of ten) fully capable and usable nuclear weapons. So where you get off saying that they don't have that capability is beyond me. They are the ninth nuclear power in the world, not some crap hole country in the middle east. They also have a formidable conventional army and a small airforce and a reserve force of over 6 million troops, trained and ready to be armed for battle. Add to that the fact that they have a highly skilled cyber-warfare division, small, but effective and you're talking about a nuclear capable, asynchronous fighting force ready to kill Americans, South Koreans, and Japanese. Nuclear Threat Initiative

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Start at 21:40 and watch for 5 minutes. Pay attention.

NK Missile Aresenal
Foal Eagle 2017

This situation is about as serious as it can get. To summarize: DPRK is a nuclear state with a formidable conventional military, cyber theater capabilities, and a reserve force of about 6 million. Experts on North Korea believe they can get a nuclear weapon anywhere on the globe without using a missile, and that they have enough capability to kill hundreds of thousands south of the DMZ within a time frame of about 90 minutes from 'go time'.

It's tiring trying to convince people that this isn't some sandbox in the Middle East... the US isn't just gonna roll over these guys, no matter how idiotic one may think Kim Jong-Un is. This is a real deal nuclear state.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The normalcy by which you just advocated mass murder is startling.

You just promoted the idea that one nation should attack and kill people from another nation for no reason at all.

NK has done NOTHING other than spout off some rhetoric.

I'm afraid to ask how you think the United States should be dealt with. We actually travel the world attacking and occupying other nations.

edit on 19-4-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Let's kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
Kinda hope the same thing happens to you and your country as you wish on another

Guess that's what we call ugly Americans where I come from

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Every single one of these North Korea threads makes it painfully apparent that none of you know anything about the DPRK or just how powerful they actually are.

They said the same thing in the First Gulf War run up with Saddam and Iraq.

Toy's mean nothing without experience.

And for better or worse it's something the west has a lot of.

edit on 19-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join