It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misquoting Jesus in the Bible

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

2Tim 2:15 still stands today. We search by study and we do that in our generation in the language of our Generation, which is English.

I have faith God preserved his words just like the David wrote in in Psalm 12:6, 7. It is faith that helps me to know God has kept his word just as it is written.

I have faith in God to preserve his words, every one of them. You put your faith in men and yourself to say what God's word says and means. I trust God has given us his preserved word and all I have to do to search them out through Study in my language of English, and bring forth things that are old and new.

Let me ask you, what do your counting of the syllables of 1 Kings 19, what teaching does your Heptameter have that Encourage and Edify the Body of Christ today?
edit on 3-5-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

No part of 2Timothy instructs us to examine the Word in our own language. That is a stipulation that you have fabricated and imputed into the deepest recesses of your subconscious mind. That might explain why you continuously express so much cognitive dissonance to any other ideas which might threaten the AV only theory.

Rightly dividing the Word of truth is parsing Biblical principles and applying them in life correctly. The heptameter establishes a link between common principles in different areas of text. I've already demonstrated that, so I will not offer another example until you acknowledge my first set of examples.

Again, Psalm 12:6-7 is NOT a promise to preserve the Word. The term for "Word" in Hebrew is dabar. However, Psalm 12:6 uses irmrath, from emer, which refers to a promise, decree, or commandment. It simply is not the same...not that it would make a difference to you, since you conveniently ignore anything that isn't the AV. You have to include verse 5 into the context. Anyone can tell you that Psalm 12:5-7 is a promise to preserve the humble during generations of wickedness. The promise is made in verse 5, the veracity of God's promise is established in verse 6, and the promise is then acknowledged by David (as a statement of faith) in verse 7. You are not applying 2Timothy 2:15 to Psalm 12:5-7. You're taking passages out of context to hide a flaw in the AV translation. If you would just objectively look at the metering of Psalm 12, you would see that even the heptameter preserves the true context.

Count the syllables in 1Kings 19 yourself. I'm not going to put effort into presenting more evidence to you, when you can't even parse the syntax in Psalm 12:5-7 correctly. For someone with your level of knowledge, this should not be open for debate.

edit on 3-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added points

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Um, it is written in English and does not say we are to study them in an unknown languages. Your idea would force everyone to listen only to those who know the languages and went to school to study them. That is a scam, that was the reason behind the translation of the AV a whole and complete Bible for the English speaking people.

You accept the theories of science with any proof. But when it comes to the Bible you will not. Again you show your hypocrisy. How do counting syllables in numbers teach? They don't they are just man made strings of numbers like 2+2+3+2=9 there is no edification in that. How do numbers preserve context? Especially when the Hebrew and Chaldean would never match up to English in syllables anyway.

The truth in in the English those who don't want that truth will go to unknown dead languages just like what you are doing and int he end it leads to confusion. Sorry you cannot find the context but they are in the verses themselves.

Study is the word of God and it is commanded in English. Them refers to the previous spoken noun Words anyone who would ignore the rules of English grammar destroy the context and force private interpretation upon God's word preserved for us in English.

I don't need to count syllables in 1Kings 19 to teach the lesson therein for us today. Why are you afraid to share what the Heptameter teaches in 1 Kings 19? Is it because if you had no one else's commentaries to go too, you could not find any lesson in English because you don't even know the Hebrew no matter what you cut and paste from a modern Hebrew OT.

edit on 4-5-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Measuring and testing the heptameter takes a lot of time. Psalm 12 was easy because it was short. So when I do get around to 1Kings 19, I won't be casting those pearls to the swine. If you rejected Psalm 12, you'll reject everything else.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

No my friend, you are the one rejecting Psalm 12 by rejecting the English Grammatical Thematic Structural Construct of the Verses in 6 and 7.

Your heptameter did not teach you what you said the heptameter revealed, it is lies, it is an old JW explanation of Psalm 12: 6, 7 from 1910 to by pass the noun of verse 6 and take it to 5. So they could get away with not accepting Gods word as it is preserved in the English so they could use a variety of Versions to teach their private interpretation and damnable heresies.

So to prove to me you really know what your talking about and that your heptameter is correct, Please take the time to do 1 Kings 19 and don't repeat something some one else teaches on the subject as you did with Ps 12:6, 7

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I came to my conclusion on Psalm 12 independently after prayer and taking a closer look at the Hebrew. Even a fool can see that the AV got that part wrong.

I won't be sharing anymore of the Heptameter with you...at least not until you acknowledge that the AV has flaws. You have seen only as far as you are willing to look. It is preposterous to think that a translation could ever fill the shoes of it's source text. Something is always lost in translation.

That's all. I really don't think I have anymore to say to you.
edit on 4-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Unfortunately i don't have much to say about this video... extremely amusing yet in depth, probably not for Christians

One should read The Bible (Old Testament and New Testament alike) always as could be true could be false, could be genuine prophecy could not be genuine prophecy, could be Jesus talking could not be Jesus talking, and so on ;-)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

No I spent the first 15 years of my Christian life searching in vain. Once I found the preserved Bible I have stayed with it.

I will never say the AV is Flawed for it is the preserved word of God, by God through the Holy men who did the translation work. Notice I said translation and not interpretation, for interpretation belongeth unto the LORD.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

So true.

I wonder if he is on mission?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

assuming this is about me...

easy there... IF you wanna explore my threads at least read them

Or in this case watch the video

new topics