It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reason for Faith in Jesus Christ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Originally posted by AnkhMorpork
It's what I refer to as the Superdeterministic Cosmological Christ, right down to the very hour, woven right into the Earth-Moon-Sun, solar-system and thus galactic and intergalactic configuration and orientation (divine order).

Speaking of the Cosmological order of things…I noticed this in your background image last night…

I’ve put two side by side…just for comparison…

I thought at first I was just seeing things…

The outline I’ve drawn isn’t great but it gives a rough idea…You can even make out a thumb and a few fingers on the right hand…

I know…freaky

- JC

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

I know…freaky

- JC

Oh boy LOL
If you weren't on a list you're sure now

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

You're funny! Too much King Kong on your mind perhaps? (edit to add: I like what you did there though, very cute and playful).

But in reference to the post I made

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I find very interesting with the April 3rd, 33 AD lunar eclipse (the only one on Preparation Day during the reign of Pontias Pilate), is that it provides corroborative evidence of events surrounding Jesus crucifixion, but further, that Jesus was working to a schedule and a timetable very likely discerned with the aid of Babylonian Magi of Daniel's descendants who were likely inspired by and exchanged data with the Persians.

John the Baptist also seems to have had foreknowledge of it as well, knowing in advance the end game

It was a partial lunar eclipse that rose that evening already entering eclipse phase as it rose over the horizon, at which point the conspirators and perpetrators would have realized that they were the victims, of a hoodwink..

(Note: Only a partial eclipse can be seen rising over the horizon already entering into eclipse, whether as seen from Jerusalem or anywhere on earth for that matter).

"How did he KNOW?!"

When we back up and look at the gospels and the number of times Jesus referred to "his hour", then once again, it becomes apparent that it was being orchestrated right down the line, perhaps even to the beginning of his ministry when meeting up with John the Baptist at the Jordan River and much earlier than that if we go back to the Magi who saw the signs in the stars, and who came to pay homage to the king of the Jews, arriving when he was a toddler. What an impactful thing that would be to a little kid and his family.

But to spend the first half of one's life knowing that this blood red moon awaited a certain Preparation Day and Passover, and that "you're it", well that would be a heck of a thing to have to carry with you, maybe even while you're away at "university", while maintaining correspondence (trade routes) with your best friend and cousin John the Baptist who considers himself in the Spirit of Elijah.

He certainly carried himself well, to say the least!, and carried the whole thing off, to a t.

I am therefore very glad for the resurrection, and the new life he was reborn into, so that he could make a space of happiness and joy, the man of sorrows.

Think about it...

"The more that sorrow and suffering has carved into our being, the more joy we can contain!"
~ Kahlil Gibran

"Where I am going you cannot come, but I will meet you later. I have to go, to make a place for you." (Jesus paraphrased from one of the Gospels - I don't feel the need to quote the scripture, it's all there)

Thus, the greatest challenge posed by Christianity, isn't merely how to receive a gift of incalculable value for which there is nothing whatsoever that we can do to either earn or deserve it, but still more, once having received it, to have the courage and the audacity to be truly happy on the other side of the ordeal and all the suffering and strife, even unto death itself and even when and if it might mean that you'll have to leave suffering friends behind, in this case who will all die and be martyred for the cause, every one of them. That's a lot of sorrow and suffering but the joy that can contain them as saints by making a place in heaven for them, and for us all, well, let me be the first to say with glee, way to go Jesus! You did it!

But that's quite the sticky wicket He navigated on our behalf, eh?

edit on 16-5-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (every reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

I know…freaky

- JC

Oh boy LOL

I don't think that he'd be on God's $hitlist for drawing a person in the stars, or even an ape of some kind maybe King Kong.

God accepts any approach, and they all have to start somewhere no matter how crude the first attempt.

It was a little solipsistic though, given his avatar.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

I know…freaky

- JC

Oh boy LOL

I don't think that he'd be on God's $hitlist for drawing a person in the stars, or even an ape of some kind maybe King Kong.

God accepts any approach, and they all have to start somewhere no matter how crude the first attempt.

It was a little solipsistic though, given his avatar.

OK just a joke, a funny quote from ATS, popped up in my mind

edit on 2017-5-16 by galien8 because: typo

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Originally posted by
Oh boy LOL

LOL

You mean in a… “whoever sees THIS!, gets on THE List lol”…type of way…?

- JC

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnkhMorpork
You're funny! Too much King Kong on your mind perhaps? (edit to add: I like what you did there though, very cute and playful).

Well, No one has ever accused me of that! Before

No, king Kong is not on my mind lol…I can assure you lol…Not this time anyways lol

I was reading your OP the other night, and was getting ready to type a response, when KAPLAM!!!…there he was…

That image being there, and me having King Kong in my avatar, is just a shear coincidence…lol

Man this is cracking me up, I can hardly type…lol

Seriously though – The image is definitely there…also the outline I’ve drawn is not against the “true line”, which is why what I've drawn looks a lot bulkier/bloated, making it almost King Kong ish…which wasn’t my intention at all…

In regards to the eclipse though…it’s been shown by science that earthquakes become more likely during an eclipse…In fact, I’m pretty sure I remember reading something, (quite a while back) about evidence of an earthquake in or around the day of the eclipse in 33AD…

And if that is the case, it could have resulted in burial grounds being unearthed…and people walking around shaken, from the aftermath of the events etc…

Which would fit the description of...

Matthew 27: 52-53
52The tombs broke open and the bodies
of many holy people who had died were
raised to life.

53They came out of the tombs, and after
Jesus' resurrection they went into the
holy city and appeared to many people.

Burial sites getting disrupted and some new faces in town looking like a few guys from the past…is all it really took for a few people to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5…

- JC

edit on 17-5-2017 by Joecroft because: Adding bible verse referrence...(Matthew 27: 52-53)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by
Oh boy LOL

LOL

You mean in a… “whoever sees THIS!, gets on THE List lol”…type of way…?

- JC

OK I occasionally post that at random, just for the fun of it, humor, human warmth

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I don't mean to rain on your big man in the sky thing, but it's a phenomenon called Pareidolia resulting from the tendency of the human mind towards pattern recognition out of fractal-like structures or from randomly distributed dots or points, like stars.

However, in the case of the constellations, and the 12 zodiac signs, albeit a similar concept, they help with navigation and also define the precession of the equinoxes as a 25,920 cycle as our solar system moves relative to the galactic equator, so there's a certain contextual frame of reference to it.

An interesting little coincidence is how there are only seven planets visible to the naked eye, and 7 chakras, and 7 "lampstands" and 7 churches referenced in the Revelation of John.

But most certainly, the info presented regarding the Real Star of Bethlehem and the lunar eclipse during the crucifixion reveals another, deeper contextual frame of reference which would seem to prove or show that in spite of the apparent random distribution of cosmic matter and energy, it's the farthest thing from random that there is if such a configuration framing the life and Great Work of a single human being, was anticipated from a first cause, including, presumably, the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs all the way back to the very formation of the moon, earth, sun and planets, and the starry framework within which that system is embedded, right across the board. That's some rather serious control over spacetime and causation!

And thus, no matter how solipsistic it may seem or appear on its face, there's a whole lot of evidence to suggest that what we're looking at is a type of signature (or double-signature) of what might otherwise be considered an unknown creative agency, if it weren't for Jesus in His own self/other identification, with the aid of these signs, imbedded straight into the divine order of things, in order so that fate and circumstance would drive some sort of superdeterministic wedge of fate, like a plot or what I referred to as a great GREAT practical joke hatched from the very moment of creation, or of re-creation, whatever the case may be, and it was a trail that the ancient scientists and heirs of a certain legacy followed pretty much right to His doorstep, an interaction, which again was helpful and necessary for the resulting epiphany that it produced in both Jesus and also John the Baptist, who was certainly in on the conspiracy.

Yes, God signed the universe here, and came here and sent his only begotten son here, of all places, because when we look at the horizontal and vertical of it, as a type of cosmic theodolite (and I'm not merely referring to the horizontal and vertical of His cross itself, although that's interesting too), for those who can see and recognize it, this is something that was done right across the entire spectrum of mond-body and Spirit and universe (based in a universal principal of governance and leadership), and therefore needn't have been replicated anywhere else, although I'm sure that God comes in many forms in many places.

In other words, that day, at Golgotha or the place of the sculls, was something that took place at the very pinnacle and apex of the whole of it all, as a very practical joke told at everyone's expense except God and all who serve God.

Why here?

Maybe it has something to do with the "phylos" of the human being..

Perhaps we are, in truth, so close to God, that we are also in grave peril of a rebellious principal which would otherwise run the risk of placing us all forever at enmity with God, the very one who created us in the first place, to fellowship with us, and to help lead us, perhaps eventually even to the stars, in which case, and I don't mean any offense to anyone when I say this, that we'd probably be well-served to send Christian rationalists and not atheists as our ambassadors, or it might generate a whole lot of confusion since we simply cannot show up to the rest of the universe as anything other than as the true heirs and children of a loving God that we really and truly are, and if what I suspect is true the WORD will have already preceeded us, and might even have originally emanated from here of all places.

Then again, wouldn't it be ironic if a starship filled with atheists were to arrive at the world of an inhabited, advanced civilization, only to be told, "don't you know that Jesus Christ is Lord?" and sent back home.

"And the last shall be first and the first, last."

"Let all those with ears (or their equivalent) let them hear!" (paraphrased)

Best regards,

Ankh

edit on 17-5-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Things that make ya go hmmmm ...

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
LOL!

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
And your only hope after reading this, is that I'm crazy..

But let me fill you in on a little secret. The joke's on you too, maybe even for needing to call me crazy after reading what I've written.

Think about it..

Why is it so uncomfortable, a love relationship with God in Jesus as an expression of God's tender loving-kindness, and good humor, mirth, charm, joy?

First thing you think to do is to pull a gun and shoot the messenger, but it's too late for all that, you see, and there's no need to be uncivilized to your brother (moi) for no reason. A true gentleman never hurts another's feelings, unintentionally (Oscar Wilde).

He has another good quote.

"Every sinner has a future, and every saint, a past."

I am just a doorman. It's you who have to walk through it.

But here's the thing, and why I call this reasonable. The doorway to new and ever better pastures is also a place deep within us, that's accessible. It's the place in you that knows that I'm not really insane no matter how much you might have once felt compelled to attack me as if for no reason at all.

And you have to go somewhere... what, are we to retreat from the gateway to freedom and love in preference to a dark prison cell of our own making and curl up in a ball in the farthest corner? I suppose we could do that, heck many if not most of us do that in one way or another (I'm not worthy!).

The hater, on the other hand, is the one that God most loves, because he who's been forgiven more, loves and forgives more. It's the way God rolls and one person at a time bottom up (I guess He has lots of time when it comes to us). God wants people with powerful wills. The isn't a horse he cannot ride in the Spirit, and the more the merrier.

We are not cowed as Christians, but are empowered to be and become ever more freely and fully self-expressed and our truest self.

Thank you God for making us, and for not killing us for being stupid and ignorant all this time. Thank you Jesus for blazing the trail. Amen (best to quit when you're ahead).

Be blessed.

AnkhMorpork aka Rob (what the hell they probably already know who I am and my IP address, what can ya do, we can't hide any more).

P.S. (oh oh!)
So this was me taking the stage and the spotlight to be a fool for Christ. And it's worth it! I hope you've enjoyed it dear reader and that you may also come to and continue to "enjoy the Lord". I just couldn't figure that one out for the life of me, until I could.

I love you all!

..and no, I'm not going to commit suicide, "no worries" as they always say here in Lotus Land, Supernatural British Columbia, which can get rather annoying, since I wasn't worried to begin with. Okayyy..I'll try not to. And they like to tell you this to start your day with a Starbucks coffee, each and every day. JK lol

If we can't have fun then what's the point. Jesus didn't give his life so that we can be less than truly happy.

I'm starting to feel more or His love now coming through, through me to you. He loves you so much.

edit on 17-5-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (every reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Sin with courage!
~ Martin Luther

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

boundless love

...only boundless love is stupid, (some) hate will make you whole again...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

My mother, a very wise and powerful person, who's probably still alive somewhere in the Spirit, I would imagine, once said that "there's a difference between judging and evaluating. To judge is to assign a valuation or greater or less than, whereas it's perfectly ok to correctly evaluate that someone might be a bit of an a-hole, that you're best served to pray for from a distance."

Doesn't mean that you have to occupy your mind, heart or spirit with hatred, because, as she also pointed out, all judgements are fundamentally a judgement about one's self.

Any hatred only leads to self-hatred and that's kind of self-defeating when our very mission and purpose is to love, even in the face of hatred.

If we love only those who love us, to quote Jesus, then what does that really accomplish.

Love in the face of hatred is where the rubber really meets the road and goes places far and wide, and, as an added bonus, it's it's own reward.

We can't hold both hatred and love at the same time, so even a little bit of hatred isn't about to make us whole, I don't think.

We can protect ourselves, that's fine, and fair, and reasonable, but to hate is to be just another part of the same damned problem and not part of the solution.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

In the face of love, evil and hatred runs to ground.

And that too is rather amusing and not a little ironic.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

...release your anger, and together we can bring back order in the galaxy...

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

...release your anger, and together we can bring back order in the galaxy...

Ha! That's hilarious.

No. I will not yield to the dark side of the force! lol

Hate may be a stronger motivator than love, but we all know that hate, even in small amounts, can poison and ruin a whole lot of love.. we all know this to be true.

And just because it's an organizing principal of modern political strategy, doesn't make it the best path to choose on an individual basis or even in the context of our own social spheres.

But even then, as reasonable as that sounds, along comes Jesus with a still more radical proposition..

Loving your own friends who love you is nothing, even your own mother-in-law is willing to do as much. Wanna change the whole world, starting from within? Love your enemy and pray for those who revile you and call you names for the sake of what's right, and still more, if that weren't enough, rejoice and be exceedingly glad when you are so persecuted, because they did the same thing to the prophets and they'll do it to me too just watch.

Divide and conquer, via hated, only goes so far, even if to a degree, even a very large degree, it works, and forms a type of divided "glue" that holds society "together" (it really divides) and that keeps people at loggerheads with one another, as some sort of disorganized, organizing principal, even at each other's throats!, but it's not really a unifying principal that's capable of driving a Civilizing process, and more often than not it (incivility) originates in nothing but a simple misunderstanding in the absence of all information and all true knowledge and understanding. It's as blind as a bat, hatred is.

Don't react to it and before you know it it's placed itself into a double-bind and falls to its knees at your feet or cries out in rage at its own defeat..

edit on 20-5-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (every reason given)

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

boundless love

...only boundless love is stupid, (some) hate will make you whole again...

There was actually a typo in the op, where it said

Consider the boundaries of His logic formed by a boundless love that's capable of carrying the weight of it all

I meant to type "framed by " not formed by. The logic or the logos or word comes first, because of love. Each leans on the other as to the first cause, if love is the very reason for the seasons and for our own life and all that is, everywhere.

It's not a random happenstance.

Thus we are beginning with a fundamental precept, as to causes and first causes, which are by their very nature eternal.

ie: if God so feeds the birds of the air, and clothes the grass of the fields, how much MORE will he give to you who ask?

But God is not an apriori assumption, born of nothing, but who's works are plainly obvious, particularly in our own perhaps somewhat unique earth-moon-sun configuration, which, according to Job, the oldest book in the bible, was made while the sons of God sang His praises for creating it in the first place, which could mean that we're rather late to the party.

It comes through the word, which is also the logos and the logic of Jesus founded on the rock of all ages that well, doesn't move and what's done is done.

The problem, if you can call it that, is that if it has any meaning or significance at all is by extension of the utmost meaning and significance, and that's when the humor and astonishment starts to set in.

We're all royally screwed in the best possible way. It's a terrible and a wonderful predicament to find one's self in.

I don't see any reasonable or rational away around it, and thank God for that!

"Lord I am undone!"
~ Isaiah

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

No. I will not yield to the dark side of the force!

I'm your father

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join