It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds like Britain is going Facist as well

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Indeed. If Corbyn is the answer, it must have been a pretty stupid question....

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Insane?

The man is not insane, just because he does not want to propagate the notion that one must have nukes in order to be capable of defending oneself. The fact is that a good defence is a good defence, not a good offence. To take issue with that statement is to put yourself in agreement with Mao Zedong, who was, without wishing to offend anyone, a bloody monster, a scumbag and a villain.

It is precisely because he is NOT insane, that Mr Corbyn does not want to expand or continue the production of the nuclear weapons that we are falsely told "defend" us by deterrence. It would be a far saner approach to devise impenetrable defence cordons which prevent any missile of any sort from ever coming within a thousand miles of our territory, a far better plan to invest in a proper defence involving airforce elements to prevent any incursion into our airspace by enemy bomber craft, a far better idea to just bloody well defend, rather than point oblivion at entire cities as a defence strategy.

It would also be a damned sight less risky. Nuclear reactors are not stable things, they are deadly dangerous for operators and surroundings alike, even if they are not of the sort used for producing warhead ready fissile materials. Stepping right the hell away from these technologies, toward better energy production systems, toward environmental management which actually prevents nuclear radiation leaking into surrounding areas and damaging health for residents (look at Maldon, Essex. It is very close to a Magnox reactor). This is ignoring the threat of these facilities, many of which are privately run and therefore lack security measures appropriate to the danger they pose as a target for enemy agencies, being used to create a huge dirty bomb scenario.

Frankly, desiring the presence of a nuclear deterrent, rather than a system for absolutely mitigating the threat of being bombarded with nuclear weapons or other projectiles, is insane, one of the most insane things ever said or thought. Its nonsense, absolute nonsense, and is part of the reason we are so easily led around by the nose.

For all that we have advanced, we still fear the sky falling on our heads, and that fear makes us WEAK, NOT strong, does not make us right, but ensures that every choice we make as a result of it will turn out being wrong. We must be better than that, now. Not tomorrow, the day after that, or three hundred years in the future, but NOW, because if not now, if we kick that can down the road, subsequent generations will only be even more terrified, even more trodden down and overwhelmed. When the corporations overtly own the citizens, will THAT be the time to prevent them from doing so, or will it come before then? Because we are damned close as it is, even with just the British corporate machinery, leave alone the global.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Corbyn would rather kill people for standing on the flowers than look after the people HUGS TREE

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: eletheia

I voted leave, for reasons having nothing to do with immigration whatsoever, and I do not want corporatist filth like May in charge of that effort. To give the shower of horrid little turds that is the Conservative Party the reigns on this particular wagon, will see it do nothing but careen off a cliff faster than you can say "broken, unmotivated workforce".

Whilst I agree with you on the immigration issue, I voted for Brexit and accepted a Conservative Government would invoke article 50. There was no other way of leaving the E.U entity but a hard Brexit, any other version would mean we still have laws and rules being placed upon us by the likes of Juncker, Tusk & Co.

I think Theresa May has taken a gamble and this election is an election geared towards England's future, as the Scots will undoubtedly leave the union and we could see Northern Ireland joining the South.

I read an interesting article after the referendum last year wherein the author claimed there will be no Brexit. He stated that the establishment will do all it can to prevent it and there will be a General Election that stops it from happening. I wrote it off as nonsense initially, but now the election has been called, he could just be right.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Indeed.

However, that rather avoids the main thrust of my post, which is that Theresa May does not have my permission to be the one to lead us through this period, and I hope that a significant enough portion of my countrymen, understand and agree with my reasoning enough that they would vote against her and her party of hateful, avaricious, mercenary scum.

Nope, because Corbyn is a nothing - a throwback to a 1970's industrial wasteland. Stop projecting your views on to everyone else in this country. I have a funny feeling that the Conservative party isn't waiting for your permission, but I'm sure Sturgeon would love to hear all about it.

I really enjoy some of your posts, but seriously, take a pulse check. I didn't vote for Brexit and I know many people who did precisely because of immigration - nothing more, nothing less. I personally think that many of them are racist and voted due to their dislike of 'the other' because I know them from a more rounded perspective, stop trying to pretend that such people had no influence in the vote.
edit on 19-4-2017 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The United Kingdom, will probably loose Scotland, then Wales, and Probably Northern Ireland.

The word you are searching for is 'lose' not 'loose'. If you want to pass judgement on the UK, learn the language first, yes?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Corbyn will get my vote over my cold, dead body.
I hope the election finishes labour for good

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
TrueBrit - They don't need anyone's permission, it's a done deal and May is at the helm regardless of your approval.

To reiterate what another poster said - I've enjoyed some of your posts in the past but you come across as pretty arrogant in this thread.

Corbyn is a washout, Labour are finished. It's thanks to labour that the SNP have more support in Scotland because they're the next best thing for the fruitcakes that inhabit this country.

May is most certainly the best of a few pretty poor options...Corbyn comes in a well-deserved last. Maybe if he had the nuts to deal with clowns like Abbot people would have more respect for him, sadly - he actually has a thing for it, her...that...thing.

Labour is a dead horse, and one we shall never tire of beating. Sturgeon is a stale, rotting fish.
edit on 19-4-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Corbyn.

Farage is also interested more in himself than in his nation, and he, though it loathes me to say it, is not even the most disgusting of the members of his party.

Corbyn at least has a track record which matches his spoken intent, and has policies which are the issue of compassion and decency, not villainy and elitism.

Is he the guy who said send the trident submarines on patrol without the tridents? not much of a deterant are they.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I really enjoy some of your posts, but seriously, take a pulse check. I didn't vote for Brexit and I know many people who did precisely because of immigration - nothing more, nothing less. I personally think that many of them are racist and voted due to their dislike of 'the other' because I know them from a more rounded perspective, stop trying to pretend that such people had no influence in the vote.

And there you go again, putting words in people's mouths as usual.

TrueBrit did not suggest that all those who voted for Brexit were not racist, what he stated was that HE didn't vote for Brexit on the immigration issue. Sure there were lots of people stirred up by the vitriol of UKIP and there are many people in all generations that are racist, NO one has denied that.

You are right about Corbyn being washed up, but that has been mainly due to the establishment's control of the media and the constant negative spin when it relates to Jeremy Corbyn. Many have been brainwashed by the right wing media and the BBC and Sky are so bias in their reporting of him, it's funny to watch because it is so pathetic.

Theresa May is running scared ( why not attend the debates?) and Farron (I now believe being Gay is perfectly normal, please give me your vote) has the brass neck to attack Labour, when he should be attacking the Tory's record on austerity, but can't because he was part of the problem.

I shall not be voting this time around, it's a complete waste of time and is only being done in the hope the CPS will suspend any prosecutions relating to the Conservative's campaign expenses from 2015. If people cannot see that, then they must be blind.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Corbyn at least has a track record which matches his spoken intent, and has policies which are the issue of compassion and decency, not villainy and elitism.

You forgot to add anti-semitism, but I wager your principles only stand for politicians you disagree with.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Theresa May is running scared ( why not attend the debates?) The TV debates are still a relatively new thing in the UK and provide nothing other than mindless entertainment, put X factor on instead, lets not forget who actually called for an election

I shall not be voting this time around, it's a complete waste of time and is only being done in the hope the CPS will suspend any prosecutions relating to the Conservative's campaign expenses from 2015. If people cannot see that, then they must be blind.

I really enjoyed your post but choosing not to vote even with such despise for the current Government?, I think JC had a good record of not voting either, maybe thats why Labour lost and are currently expected to lose, your vote could change that.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Children of men is a foretelling of things to come

Mankind will become an infertile post-apocalyptic wasteland? Hmm, interesting

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

However, that rather avoids the main thrust of my post, which is that Theresa May does not have my permission to be the one to lead us through this period, and I hope that a significant enough portion of my countrymen, understand and agree with my reasoning enough that they would vote against her and her party of hateful, avaricious, mercenary scum.

Exactly when was the last time the electorate/people voted for a PM?

Theresa May does not need yours or anyone else's permission to lead the

UK through this period. She was voted in to do this by her own party,

in the same way every PM becomes the leader of their party.

A significant number of your countrymen did vote for her party and therefor

her as PM.... democracy!?

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In the U.K we vote for a party, not a Prime Minister. We don't care much for presidential election campaigns.

Sure we love you crazy kids for your innocence, but for eff's sake, wake up!!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Theresa May is running scared ( why not attend the debates?) The TV debates are still a relatively new thing in the UK and provide nothing other than mindless entertainment, put X factor on instead, lets not forget who actually called for an election

I really enjoyed your post but choosing not to vote even with such despise for the current Government?, I think JC had a good record of not voting either, maybe thats why Labour lost and are currently expected to lose, your vote could change that.

Yes, I Couldn't possibly help myself, I will vote independent, I trust NO ONE!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I did not project.

I said that I hope enough of my fellow Britons understand and agree with my perspective. I did not assume that they do, I just hope that they do. I have to hope, because the alternative is to wake up one day living in what can only be accurately described as hell.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The only politician I trust in the UK is Caroline Lucas, and her idea for a left alliance is fantastic.
I cannot vote labour any more since they support the first past the post (rigged) system and Corbyn is pro-Brexit and generally crap.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I did not project.

I said that I hope enough of my fellow Britons understand and agree with my perspective. I did not assume that they do, I just hope that they do. I have to hope, because the alternative is to wake up one day living in what can only be accurately described as hell.

That would be Corbyn in number 10 and McDonnell next door.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

No, with respect, it would be what we have now or more right wing than that.

Corbyn in No. 10 would only be hell if you happen to be a fan of corruption and capitalism, crony serving political endeavours like the privatisation of public services, and the like. I know you are not a fan of these things, so what is your problem, exactly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join