It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O’Reilly probably being let go from Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Pretty close. 85 million. I never liked him. Pompous, arrogant, self promoting, every other sentence starts with "In my book", asshat.
Good riddance.

www.celebritynetworth.com...

Bill OReilly net worth: $85 Million
Bill OReilly's Salary $20 Million

and the hypocrite sued his own wife over her affair
www.celebritynetworth.com...

Bill O'Reilly Sues Wife for $10M, Claims He Funded Her Affair

edit on 19-4-2017 by DAVID64 because: because we're not all perfect and sometimes we make mistakes

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Wasn't his latest book all about morals or something? Hypocrite to the highest power. He doesn't actually believe what he writes, he only cares about making money off his viewers and it's worked for him so far since he's been on the best sellers list.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Adios POS!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Billy Bush...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Wasn't his latest book all about morals or something?

Have no idea. I've never read or bought any of his books and have never been able to listen to him for more than a few minutes, but it wouldn't surprise me he has the nerve to lecture every one else on morals, but has none of his own. Like pretty much all of the "elite", it's "Do as I say, not as I do"

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
At one time, I liked Bill O'Reilly. However, over the years he has proven himself to be a complete ass. Now, that doesn't mean he's always wrong because he certainly isn't, but it does mean that he has basically sold out any Independent thought, something he claimed to hang his proverbial hat on, in favor of partisan bull#.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm glad Fox has chosen to do the right thing and rid themselves of this sexual predator. How awful to be young and starting out as a journalist (or in Fox's case, a "show host") and being so excited and happy, only to find there are strings attached. Strings that you find scary and horrible, or appalling most times.

He got what he deserved. He's a dirty old man.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Who cares? Like this matters somehow? Bill O'Rilley is the biggest jack ass on TV. I've never liked the guy and have always thought he was the most pompous a-hole I've ever listened to. Him being a jerk doesn't take away from the fact that he was the most fair and balanced talking head on TV. If you were wrong or tried to back peddle your way out of something he wouldn't give you an inch of ground. He was ruthless. Still a jerk but my personal feelings aside from him as a jack ass I still think he was better than any of the other networks talking heads.

I love most of Fox News' reporting and I'll take Fox News any day over any other MSM for a news source any day.

Don't go getting all excited over nothing. Besides this just means Tucker and his Ninja disemboweling debates with dems are going to get even more prime time viewership.

Tucker Carlson is a freakin' ninja.

Fair and balanced?? that's a real hoot. O'Reilly is a guy that even when proven wrong wouldn't publicly admit it...that's neither fair or balanced.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Outlier13

Who cares? Like this matters somehow? Bill O'Rilley is the biggest jack ass on TV. I've never liked the guy and have always thought he was the most pompous a-hole I've ever listened to. Him being a jerk doesn't take away from the fact that he was the most fair and balanced talking head on TV. If you were wrong or tried to back peddle your way out of something he wouldn't give you an inch of ground. He was ruthless. Still a jerk but my personal feelings aside from him as a jack ass I still think he was better than any of the other networks talking heads.

I love most of Fox News' reporting and I'll take Fox News any day over any other MSM for a news source any day.

Don't go getting all excited over nothing. Besides this just means Tucker and his Ninja disemboweling debates with dems are going to get even more prime time viewership.

Tucker Carlson is a freakin' ninja.

Fair and balanced?? that's a real hoot. O'Reilly is a guy that even when proven wrong wouldn't publicly admit it...that's neither fair or balanced.

Fair meaning he gives both sides of an argument plenty of space to validate their claims. If the argument is ridiculous then he calls you out on it in a second. Irrespective if you are a pub or dem.

Balanced meaning that he doesn't overtly lean heavily in any one direction and does a pretty good job of presenting both sides of an argument. Again, however, the first rule applies. If you pose a ridiculous argument don't expect to get any support which is where people misconstrue this as partisan rhetoric.

Just because he's a massive egotist doesn't make him unfair and unbalanced. We're talking about different points here.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am delighted to hear he will lose his job. I'm happy Megyn left there, too. For my part: FOX and Alex Jones/Infowars are the same. The former being far less objectionable, but ridiculous nonetheless.

Weirdest thing is that O'Reilly is great friends with Trump, isn't he? (And also, incidentally, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert?) This guy seems to know everyone, and has lots of pals (unlike Alex, who is a repellent toad). Both of them out of favor, and Bannon as well ---- that's what I call draining the swamp.

O'Reilly - check
Bannon - check
Jones - check
Ailes - check
Yannopoulos - check

bigmouth rabble-rousers, to a one
Trump is "one" of their disciples, it seems. So - by association.....meh, never mind.

*ahem* But now we still need to send Beck (too little, too late was his "apology"), Limbaugh, Hannity, and the entire staff of every one of their 'media outlets' to the back of the class. Fake News R Us. And Conway and Spicer too.

Good start, though. So, guess I have Trump to thank for that!
House of cards indeed.

edit on 4/19/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
BILL OFFICIALLY FIRED!!!!!!!!

Statement From 21st Century Fox Regarding Bill O’Reilly

New York, NY – April 19 2017 – 21st Century Fox today issued the following statement:

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

About 21st Century Fox

21st Century Fox is the world's premier portfolio of cable, broadcast, film, pay TV and satellite assets spanning six continents across the globe. Reaching more than 1.8 billion subscribers in approximately 50 local languages every day, 21st Century Fox is home to a global portfolio of cable and broadcasting networks and properties, including FOX, FX, FXX, FXM, FS1, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FOX Sports, Fox Sports Network, National Geographic, STAR India, 28 local television stations in the U.S. and more than 350 international channels; film studio Twentieth Century Fox Film; and television production studios Twentieth Century Fox Television and a 50% ownership interest in Endemol Shine Group. The Company also holds a 39.1% ownership interest in Sky, Europe's leading entertainment company, which serves 22 million customers across five countries. For more information about 21st Century Fox, please visit www.21CF.com.

edit on 19-4-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sounds like you called it, CNN reporting hes out.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Stick a fork in ole' Bill-O...he's toast.

Fox Announces They Are Dropping Bill O'Reilly

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Stick a fork in ole' Bill-O...he's toast.

Fox Announces They Are Dropping Bill O'Reilly

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

What makes you think he didn't? Secretly paying out 13 million dollars says he did. Roger Ailes did the same thing and created an atmosphere of harassment at Fox to which Bill took full advantage of. Disgruntled workers? You do know one of the women recorded Bill calling her and trying to have phone sex while she never said a word? Google it and listen for yourself.

I know that sort of person, and he doesn't give me that impression. I don't KNOW either way, of course, but I find it unlikely. Paying out compensation to settle a case is NOT proof of guilt. It's a common practice to settle cases as quickly as possible. As stated before, I KNOW of a case of worker's comp that was settled, and was totally false. the supposedly injured worker came into the place of business many times, fully git, laughing and smiling and chatting with other employees. She cancelled medical appointments, right after the claimed injury, and the people in those offices assumed she was back at work. She was a fraud, and she still walked off with a nice settlement. I will not assume a settlement is an indication of guilt. We need more evidence than that.

Post a link, and I'll be glad to listen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join