It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea-USA-China-Japan-Russia related scenarios

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So, what do you think world reaction would be if say there actually is an altercation on the Korean peninsula. Let's say NK gets attacked in some form and then retaliates with both conventional and also detonates some nuclear device in Seoul and Japan. Cargo ship, missile, whatever...
Let's say US then says they will fire nuclear devices at North Korea but China and Russia step in and say don't do that. Or maybe US does fire nuclear devices at NK effectively ending that threat, but then that puts Russian and China on edge. Or maybe it comes out that China has been helping NK all along with their nuclear ambitions.

Stock markets? As South Korea and Japan are integral to the tech economy.....wouldn't the tech pipeline just stop pretty much...?

Real estate market?

International trade? I mean what happens to brands like Hyundai, Kia, Samsung, Sony, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, etc...? If say their HQs are annihilated...

Also any odds on North Korea having a nuclear device on a cargo ship (or submarine) that would detonate in some US port like San Fran, or LAX? So much for all that expensive real estate...I personally don't think NK has capability for submarine *launched* missile, sure testing, but actually working, it seems low to me. But not totally up on this.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

conventional war; meh; USA/SKor roll up the starving poorly-equipped Norks and implement new regime. Kim probly shoots self.
China probly steps in to 'help' to make sure Nork stays independent; they do not want a unified Korea, capital in Seoul.

If Kim deploys WMDs there will be he** to pay and no one will help him. however, somebody (Iran, Syria) could well blame the US for starting the WMD and try to rally opposition.

either way Kim loses. very irrational of him if he does start or provoke a war.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I don't see the U.S. using a nuke, just my opinion, but ya never really know.. the only saving NK from being wiped of the planet are the innocent brainwashed civilians, wish them the best of luck if sh** does hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I say we bluff and say the rod of God system is operational, and in an outfit that passes over NK.

Conventional weapon that makes a real mess of things in a real hurry- and you can't shoot it down.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

"So, what do you think world reaction would be if say there actually is an altercation on the Korean peninsula[?] Let's say NK gets attacked in some form and then retaliates with both conventional and also detonates some nuclear device in Seoul and Japan. Cargo ship, missile, whatever..."

The world has been winding down to a world war since the end of enjoying the end of the Cold War... roughly... 2004.
Now then, how long do we have left before a nuclear exchange? Good question.

I'd say... before this year is over.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So, what do you think world reaction would be if say there actually is an altercation on the Korean peninsula.

That Little Kim is a victim of evil western aggression, and it's a false flag.

Same stuff they been saying on here for years.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The US have added 2 more carriers to the one that sits outside of NK. So there are now 3 carriers close to NK.

Russia and China are Close behind the US carrier fleets With thier ships keeping an eye on the US.

Personaly i dont think the US will attack NK. because the US can not prevent NK from conducting a massive retaliation, or even a Nuclear strike on SK.

If the goal here is to prevent People from getting killed on a massive scale, the right way to prevent that from happening would not be to attack NK.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think there are some kind of dialog going on behind the screens right now..
I think NK have been given a ultimatum.

There are some odd silence going on right now in the media..

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I think there are some kind of dialog going on behind the screens right now..
I think NK have been given a ultimatum.

There are some odd silence going on right now in the media..

The ultimatum have been there all a long.

I Guess the US carrier fleet looked over their sholders and said: haaay...look... we have visitors. What are the Chinese and Russian fleet doing here.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

There are no carriers close to the Peninsula. The Carl Vinson isn't moving thatway until next week and is currently 3500 miles away. The other two won't be there until at least the 25th.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
The US have added 2 more carriers to the one that sits outside of NK. So there are now 3 carriers close to NK.

Which ones would those be? Of the carriers in even remotely close proximity there is the Carl Vinson which is, shockingly, several days sailing from North Korea--per Defensenews.com--having just transited the Sunda Strait. Oops. USS Nimitz is still on exercises on the California coast...oops, again. USS Roosevelt is off the California coast. Hmmm...

Russia and China are Close behind the US carrier fleets With thier ships keeping an eye on the US.

Apropos of nothing. There's absolutely nothing new about this.

Personaly i dont think the US will attack NK. because the US can not prevent NK from conducting a massive retaliation, or even a Nuclear strike on SK.

If the goal here is to prevent People from getting killed on a massive scale, the right way to prevent that from happening would not be to attack NK.

Agreed. The only way anything will happen is if Un suddenly has an attack of the stupids.

For the media to imply, by reporting that three aircraft carriers are off North Korea, when the closest one is still more than 3000 miles away is damned near criminal... Making a crisis where there is none.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

why did the Carl Vinson leave after arriving in SK weeks ago?? WHats the point of going 3500 miles away just to return again?? Why not just stay there indefinitely patrolling the Sea of Japan? ??

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Scheduled exercises with the Aussies in the Indian Ocean.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They never arrived when the media announced in the first place. They were in Singapore when that was announced, and continued their cruise to their exercise with Australia. They're cutting their port visit in Australia to head back to the Korea area, but the only time they were there was for Foal Eagle.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

There is nothing new about Russian, or Chinese for that matter, ships/trawlers/spy vessels shadowing USN carrier groups. It's exactly apropos of nothing.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It always used to amaze me how many radios those Russian fishing trawlers had. And how few fish they caught.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I saw one once, it was off Oregon coast for some reason. The Oregonian had a couple of blurbs about it, as I recall, and we just happened to be in the area so we looked for it, shockingly it was in plain view...

Radio antennas everywhere, and not a fishing net to be seen anywhere aboard her...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

They used to come to Hawaii occasionally. Oddly enough, only when RIMPAC was scheduled. They reported one year that one was, quite brazenly, sitting just outside the 12 mile limit, right in line with the mouth of the Pearl Harbor chanel.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Imho Syria and russia are dog and pony shows to distract from the collusion investigation...

North Korea is far different..

I don't think China would let us invade a county that borders theirs.. we wouldn't let them or Russia... well maybe trump would with Russia lol..

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

There are so many scenarios you just can't speculate. Which is why we have IT military war games all day, everyday. Different enemies, weapons, conventional-apocalyptic, different coasts, air, sea... Multiple enemies, multiple location simultaneous attacks. We win some, we lose some...

We do this to learn under multiple conditions. To lose some scenarios on computer... teaches us how to win by doing things different. I think we've figured out every possible scenario and cause and effect outcome.

We've been doing this like forever. The older movie "War Games" gives an insight from around 30 years ago... It's advanced waaaay beyond that since...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join