It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tactical Reindeer, Only In Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Russia recently unveiled their new arctic military base. Located where temperatures reach -50 degrees Celsius, it will initially house 150 elite troops, nuke ready SU-34 aircraft and....reindeer.

It doesnt get much tacticooler than this.

Moscow has ordered that the country’s elite special forces are trained in the art of reindeer-riding as they prepare a move to the base

Washington’s Defence Secretary James Mattis said: “Russia is taking aggressive steps to increase its presence there.”

Here is the base:

Let's hope a war doesn't break out with Russia. I would hate to see Christmas canceled because Santa has no reindeer to pull his sleigh.

Link

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It doesn't get much tacticooler than this.

It is how the locals have survived for ummm... millennia?

Engine oil and gasoline freeze, reindeer don't.

When in Siberia...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Absolutely, but I wouldn't want to be stationed there. -50C is pretty damn cold!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Looks like a bond villains base, go Putin, ultimate bond villain!!

All hail our new overlords complete with Tactideers

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Putin knows who has been naughthy and who has been nice hahaha

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Reminded me of this:

Bear Cavalry

Crazy times.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I see theyre going to have aircraft stored there. Can any of our aviation guys tell me, do those temperatures affect any of the fluids used in aviation?
The fuel is obviously high octane, and not prone to frezzing, but is there oil, or any other fluids that might be compromised by those temps? Just curious...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They've clearly stolen Santa's parcel delivery service.

Evil bastards...

On a lighter note-
Just how does one acclimate reindeer to the sounds of afterburners , ak's and flash-bangs?

edit on 4182017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
I see theyre going to have aircraft stored there. Can any of our aviation guys tell me, do those temperatures affect any of the fluids used in aviation?
The fuel is obviously high octane, and not prone to frezzing, but is there oil, or any other fluids that might be compromised by those temps? Just curious...

At one time they used vodka in place of hydraulic fluids back in soviet era . No idea these days . They were trying find substitute for the vodka as the ground crews kept drinking it .

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Look at the facial expression on the center reindeer lol. That's a battle cry face if I ever saw one. Hahahaaaa that is awesome😂😂😂😂😂

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Meh. I've heard the spec ops Siberian tigers are much more lethal.

If the reindeers horns were AK-47s I'd be impressed, because Rambo reindeer sounds like a propaganda movie I'd like to direct.

edit on 18-4-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Lol! Those crazy russians!!!
They do love their vodka...

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
well you don't see that everyday

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i was watching this

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Far out of the way military bases can be interesting to serve at. Especially if you get a chance to serve at one. This one sounds interesting at least if they keep the heat on. I have my doubts. I took a trip to the Ukraine a few years before the war started. The bus station was unlighted despite the presence of installed lights and was completely unheated.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

goodnight.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Trump: "Let see, should I sent special ops int to take out that base, F-16s, or, oh, I know, one of those big bomb Mothers...."

edit on 18-4-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have worked in -30 temps at night and that was a level of miserable I did not think was possible I would hate to get that posting...

-50 *shudders* though in all honesty after around -20 or so... its just more suck piled on top of suck.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Not so much high octane, not really even gas in jet fuel. Closer to kerosene or diesel but with the right additives and the right lubrication they can deal with the cold temps without issues. Surely billions have been spent studying the problem, remember methanol is a big part of the additives And the government can't get us to use subsidised corn alcohol products fast enough...

top topics

join