It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this considered paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The bar I work at is pretty well established as possibly haunted. We share a pathway with a cemetery, its right next door. Our building extends partially on the property. When you walk through the side entry, you are literally inches from graves. The path is below grade, so the ground of the cemetery is 3 feet above the ground of path. Many people have had experiences, including myself. Obviously the basement, where the kitchen is, completely abuts the caskets and buried bodies.

So.. That is the premise to tonight's "moment." I normally park in front of the bar. I never park in front of cemetery because I don't drive down the extra 10 feet, I will just double park in front of bar. I'm a delivery driver for bar. I'm in and out constantly. Tonight I parked in front of cemetery because we were slow and I didn't want to double park if I wasn't going to be back to my car quickly. I turned my car off, took out the keys and opened my door to get out. As I exited the car and was about to close the door.. The car turned on, not the engine but the electronics. Even the radio. I was like "holy # I left my keys in the ignition ". Problem was.. My keys were in my hand. The radio played one line from a song.. "I'm a sinner". Then shut off and car went dead...

Wtf?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: asinapi1

I would call ghost-hunters.

They will solve it.

I'm not a professional but I can say with high confidence that your car is haunted.

Let's hope it doesn't start driving itself and killing people

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I would call ghost-hunters.

They will solve it.

I'm not a professional but I can say with high confidence that your car is haunted.

Let's hope it doesn't start driving itself and killing people
very funny.. Lol

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If it happens again,I would get the car's electrical system checked.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
If it happens again,I would get the car's electrical system checked.
so you are saying no.. Lol

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22140244]asinapi1

I would say yes definitely paranormal. I am wondering you said the radio played one line from a song.. Was the one line 'I'm a sinner" or just the name of the song. It makes sense about the electrical. Spirit can manipulate electrical stuff and the radio has been known to be a way to communicate. If "I"m a sinner" was what was said on the radio you have a troubled spirit around the graveyard.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: drifter1109
a reply to: [post=22140244]asinapi1

I would say yes definitely paranormal. I am wondering you said the radio played one line from a song.. Was the one line 'I'm a sinner" or just the name of the song. It makes sense about the electrical. Spirit can manipulate electrical stuff and the radio has been known to be a way to communicate. If "I"m a sinner" was what was said on the radio you have a troubled spirit around the graveyard.

it was a line from a song The Joker by Steve Miller

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

OK.Yeah this spirit is more than likely stuck here. This would also be who is hanging around the bar. The fact that it was that line you heard is no accident. That was what spirit wanted to tell you. Why? remorse, forgiveness, help, warning that I can't call. Other than the obvious scare did you feel in danger or any other feeling sadness etc. Sometimes you can pick up on spirit mood.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: drifter1109

OK.Yeah this spirit is more than likely stuck here. This would also be who is hanging around the bar. The fact that it was that line you heard is no accident. That was what spirit wanted to tell you. Why? remorse, forgiveness, help, warning that I can't call. Other than the obvious scare did you feel in danger or any other feeling sadness etc. Sometimes you can pick up on spirit mood.
i felt perplexed because it was soo blatant. I really freaked out think that I left my car on with keys in ignition. I felt as if I left it in drive and I was about cause an accident. I was soo confused. For that brief moment.. I was feeling as if I had just #ed up.. I pride myself in being diligent and not slipping up.. Does that make sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: asinapi1

Isn't the definition of 'paranormal' anything that is not considered 'normal' in 'your' life?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: asinapi1

Isn't the definition of 'paranormal' anything that is not considered 'normal' in 'your' life?
Umm.. Yes?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

In my opinion, it is that "wtf" feeling that is most important here. Such experiences come at times when we need to break out of our current ways of thinking and being in the world (yes, I know that sounds like a lot of "woo.")

There are so many ways to examine these sorts of experiences. What I try to keep in mind, however, is that we are residents of "two worlds" ... the objective and the subjective. Every experience we have has these two components.

For example ... objectively, your car radio had a quick surge of electricity as you turned the ignition off. Good idea to get the system checked out.

Subjectively, you received a message that may or may not have some significance to you.

Is the message itself important? Do you feel guilty about something? Do you feel like you're wasting your time doing something that you're doing? Have you forgotten a sense of wonder about life?

Those are some possibilities that occur to me, off the cuff. I'm not sure if this is the analysis you're looking for.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I usually own older cars, and they often develop electrical problems. If it's your car's electronics, it will happen again (and again, and again... These problems never fix themselves, unfortunately). So I know it sucks to wait, but time will tell you for sure if your car is the cause.

Ghosts do affect electronics, it's very common. One of my earliest memories actually involves my grandpa's ghost (supposedly) lighting a string of Christmas lights for about 2 seconds. When the lights went out, my uncle thought the fuse went out. He opened the compartment to change the fuse (back when you could still do that to a string of christmas lights), and he found out there was no fuse in there. I think that is why I'm not scared of ghosts today, because weird stuff like that was blamed on grandpa when I was 6.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

It is paranormal and a message. Review your life, make changes if necessary, unless there is really no need to.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I would say its paranormal. My advice would be to park in the same spot again, and before turning your vehicle off, try to talk to the spirit.
Let it know that you got its message last time. Ask if theres anything else it would like you to know, etc.
A majority of times, these things just want to be heard, and acknowledging them can give them some peace.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

In my opinion, it is that "wtf" feeling that is most important here. Such experiences come at times when we need to break out of our current ways of thinking and being in the world (yes, I know that sounds like a lot of "woo.")

There are so many ways to examine these sorts of experiences. What I try to keep in mind, however, is that we are residents of "two worlds" ... the objective and the subjective. Every experience we have has these two components.

For example ... objectively, your car radio had a quick surge of electricity as you turned the ignition off. Good idea to get the system checked out.

Subjectively, you received a message that may or may not have some significance to you.

Is the message itself important? Do you feel guilty about something? Do you feel like you're wasting your time doing something that you're doing? Have you forgotten a sense of wonder about life?

Those are some possibilities that occur to me, off the cuff. I'm not sure if this is the analysis you're looking for.
good analysis.
A couple of notes.. The surge didn't happen immediately. I sat in the car with it off for about 15 seconds, got up. Grabbed a couple of things off the seat, was about to close the door when it happened. So about a minute after I took the keys out. It was soo strange.

As for subjective meaning.. I am a law school graduate with a degree in Psychology working as a delivery driver.. For a bar. So "wasting my time". Is a constant feeling.. Lol. The sinner line can definitely be interpreted into some mistakes I have made. But its not how I feel. I prefer to look at it as the "entity" was saying they were the sinner.. Lol. Wishful thinking? Lol

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
I usually own older cars, and they often develop electrical problems. If it's your car's electronics, it will happen again (and again, and again... These problems never fix themselves, unfortunately). So I know it sucks to wait, but time will tell you for sure if your car is the cause.

Ghosts do affect electronics, it's very common. One of my earliest memories actually involves my grandpa's ghost (supposedly) lighting a string of Christmas lights for about 2 seconds. When the lights went out, my uncle thought the fuse went out. He opened the compartment to change the fuse (back when you could still do that to a string of christmas lights), and he found out there was no fuse in there. I think that is why I'm not scared of ghosts today, because weird stuff like that was blamed on grandpa when I was 6.
its a 2015 Ford Focus.. First time I noticed this issue, so I agree, time will tell.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
I would say its paranormal. My advice would be to park in the same spot again, and before turning your vehicle off, try to talk to the spirit.
Let it know that you got its message last time. Ask if theres anything else it would like you to know, etc.
A majority of times, these things just want to be heard, and acknowledging them can give them some peace.
hells no.. Lol. Ill tell my boss to do it because its his bar. Lol

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Lol! It is a scary thing, and not for everyone. The thing to remember (98% of the time) with spirits, is that theyre just people existing on a different plane.
To each their own though. I hope it works out no matter what.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

Lol! It is a scary thing, and not for everyone. The thing to remember (98% of the time) with spirits, is that theyre just people existing on a different plane.
To each their own though. I hope it works out no matter what.
considering this is the fourth ghostly incident for me in a month. Something is up...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join