It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Alex Jones Please Stand Up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

At a recent pretrial hearing, attorney Randall Wilhite told state District Judge Orlinda Naranjo that using his client Alex Jones’ on-air Infowars persona to evaluate Alex Jones as a father would be like judging Jack Nicholson in a custody dispute based on his performance as the Joker in “Batman.”
“He’s playing a character,” Wilhite said of Jones. “He is a performance artist.”

But in emotional testimony at the hearing, Kelly Jones, who is seeking to gain sole or joint custody of her three children with Alex Jones, portrayed the volcanic public figure as the real Alex Jones.

My Statesman

The intention of this post is not to exploit the custody battle, I hope the children end up where it is best for them. I don't see a reason to discuss his children or where they belong.

What's worthy of discussion is what Alex Jones has stated in court at pretrial. He is claiming to be portraying a persona on Infowars. This leaves him in a conundrum. Is he lying to the courts or is he lying to his viewers? He's always seemed incredibly fake to me so I'm going with he's lying to his viewers.

What do devout believers have to say?
edit on 4/17/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
How are we going to know who is telling the truth on this? The only way would be to get info from a friend who knows both parties well and won't take sides. I actually think it is an act on info-wars myself. He may be obsessed with the part he plays though and drag some of it home with him.

I am sure his wife is going to try to make it sound like he is worse if they are getting a divorce. If it was a friendly breakup, she would not be slamming him too bad because it might hurt her income from his show. I do not think she is dumb enough to want to reduce the money she has coming in unless she is overcome with being pissed at him.

I wonder what kind of settlement they will arrive at, I bet she gets a lump sum and a percentage of his income.

Relationships fall apart and sometimes things get ugly. Hopefully they keep things civil for the childrens sake. I would say that since he is always working, she should probably get the kids more than him. He has a lousy schedule for a parent, probably for a husband too.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Of course he is.

Ever notice the similarity between Alex Jones body language and inflected speech is very similar to the WWF wrestler interviews from the 80's?

edit on 17-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, exactly. I can only imagine he will be asked if he believes what he spews.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm afraid you misread the point of discussion. This isn't and should not be about the custody case. It's his statement that he is portraying a character and isn't really like how he is on infowars that I wish to discuss.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yawn....who cares?

Really? nothing else to do but twist your panties over alex jones stage persona? Sounds like someone needs to get a life.

Like really who cares. Its alex jones.
edit on 17-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Yawn....who cares?

Really? nothing else to do but twist your panties over alex jones stage persona? Sounds like someone needs to get a life.

If everyone took your attitude we wouldn't have diverse topics to discuss on ATS. The fact that you came into a thread you found yawn worthy[title had alex jones name in it so you knew] and still made a post telling someone to get a life says maybe you should take your own advice and post in threads that interest you and refrain from posting insults in those that don't.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

I fully expect posts like that from his fans. Thanks though.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Yawn....who cares?

Harsh. But if you don't care, why did you read this thread?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I guess I have to wonder why he feels he needs a persona? I mean if he's telling the truth about stuff and exposing stuff shouldn't he be himself?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The fact that he's playing a part on air does not equate to him lying either about his stories or his beliefs. Virtually every professional on-air personality speaks and acts in a way at least somewhat dissimilar to their normal persona. It's called showmanship.

P.S. I'm not a real fan of his and rarely go on info wars as I find the site annoyingly juvenile and repetitive.
edit on 17-4-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: wrong homonym

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I guess I have to wonder why he feels he needs a persona?

If it is performance art, and our president thinks he's amazing - does this mean our president is kinda dumb?

Or does it mean our president is a performance artist too?

:-)

I can't believe we even have to have this conversation

Night...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm afraid you misread the point of discussion. This isn't and should not be about the custody case. It's his statement that he is portraying a character and isn't really like how he is on infowars that I wish to discuss.

I believe he is portraying a character, I doubt if he is like that in real life. It is an act, he is an actor. He might take some of that home with him if he is wrapped up in the part though, so his wife may see he has changed because he is getting obsessed with his part. He may not even realize he is dragging his work home with him. They both could be right, point of view is important in this. She may see him as an arrogant person at home and he may see himself as normal at home. Actors sometimes start living the part.

I thought I said something like that in my other post.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Apparently the best way to get what you want from Trump is to be the last person he talks to before he takes an action. Make what you will of what that means for intelligence.

Lol

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

It's just another nail in the coffin for me.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
If I was to go on air, froth at the mouth and grunt like a coke fueled donkey, and look like I am trying to poop out a gorilla, could I make such monies too?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

And honestly if you to sell what you're saying in such a manner, can what you're saying be valued as truth? Does truth need a hook? If I truly believed that this Bilderberg nonsense was real and I went to that big meeting and tried to talk to attendees, I think I would forgo the frothy mouth routine and asked questions like a journalist would.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

He is claiming to be portraying a persona on Infowars. This leaves him in a conundrum. Is he lying to the courts or is he lying to his viewers? He's always seemed incredibly fake to me so I'm going with he's lying to his viewers.

Why bother to start a new thread when you bring nothing to the table?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.mystatesman.com...

“He’s playing a character,” Wilhite said of Jones. “He is a performance artist.”

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

His lawyer, acting FOR Alex Jones has made this assertion. It is not hearsay, not an implication from his wife or an outside source.

Alex Jones' lawyer entered this evidence on behalf of Jones and he has not refuted it.

You have two choices: Either you believe Jones is prepared to perjure himself or the statement is true. There is no grey area.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

A simple "Already posted" would do. I didn't see it. It happens. I brought the same discussion to the boards as Swills did, the integrity or lack thereof, of Alex Jones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join