It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmers In India Use Coca-Cola And Pepsi As A Cheaper Alternative To Pesticides

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

With Trumps massive EPA cuts, you can expect pesticides in US soft drinks soon.

BTW: It's not Coca-Cola anymore.. It's Coca.Cola now.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

aborted fetus cells

Its not listed in the ingredients of Pepsi. Should I ask for a refund for not getting some extra cells?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

A self fulfilling prophecy.

The plants probably don't mind a little sugar..a bit of unsulfured molasses mixed in the fertilizer is good in the soil, it's helps feed the beneficial bacteria. Those in turn help process nutrients.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

originally posted by: butcherguy
Here in America, if I put an open can of Coke or Pepsi outside on a sunny summer day, there are usually a lot of insects attracted to it.
They feed on it.
Very few die.
Pesticide fail.

I don't think you read the article at all. These are drinks canned in India and they contain high levels of pesticide residue due to contaminated water sources.

Hence my saying....
'Here in America'
I think you read part of my post.

If the water is so contaminated with pesticides......why not just spray the water as a pesticide?
That would truly be cheaper than buying Coke or Pepsi... wouldn't it?

But it wouldn't work as well as a hit against Pepsi/Coke.
Look.... from the article (read hit piece):

Coke in America is rich in high fructose corn syrup which might serve as an effective pesticide since it is a concentrated cocktail of the simple sugars fructose and glucose. Yet, the Pepsi sales manager at the time in Chhattisgarh, Anupam Verma, claims that even though the sales figures in rural areas of the state increased by 20%, this is not the reason for it.

See that?
They say that high fructose corn syrup in COKE in AMERICA would serve as effective pesticide.

edit on b000000302017-04-18T00:27:33-05:0012America/ChicagoTue, 18 Apr 2017 00:27:33 -05001200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sounds like your experiment went better than mine. Mine was inconclusive.

The hard part was following them for long enough. I couldn't really tell, but judging by the way I felt, they're 'probably' dead.

My control group died also. I was feeding them Evian from a pinhead.

Soooo... Inconclusive.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I love a cold Coke on a hot day. What a way to go. Everything's bad for us anyway.

ice cold just above freezing, so cold it burns going down. coca cola is the nectar of the gods.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Phage

Interesting, so the same farmers who mismanaged their pesticide usage, are now saving money by buying coke instead of buying pesticides that they used too much of in the first place..

Like a wheel within a wheel...

Unlikely to wouldnt believe the story. Coke is acidic and do a lot of damage to crops. And Coke has to made at approved facilities which requires boiling and filters. Unless its some local brand the company sets mandatory requirements. For example coke has a plant in mexico they require the water to be filtered.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
ok, so this is a misinformed university report from years ago. The cause was that the local water (groundwater) was highly contaminated with pesticides from the overuse of it on crops. Pepsi, and Coke being some of the only manufacturers in the country at the time who used any form of filtration was actually safer to drink than water at the time. And yes farmers did use it as a pesticide, because: a) it used the groundwater with pesticides, b) it had syrup and sugar that attracted the pests to it, and c) it was cheaper than the pesticides themselves.

I apologize for not having link, but it was in a Marketing book from 2014 (as well as a class video) from a class that I took a couple of years ago.

But then again; it is also more information taken from today's college system, so give it whatever weight you deem appropriate.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They are both poison so its appropriate. Anybody who drinks that crap deserves diabetes.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

I love a cold Coke on a hot day. What a way to go. Everything's bad for us anyway.

ice cold just above freezing, so cold it burns going down. coca cola is the nectar of the gods.

The only way to drink it, but in moderation. I have one coca-cola about once a month.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

one at lunch, one at dinner, and one while surfing the net, everyday. then during the day and after my nectar at night, ice water straight out of the tap after sitting for a day in the fridge with the lid off to gas off chlorine,

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

one at lunch, one at dinner, and one while surfing the net, everyday. then during the day and after my nectar at night, ice water straight out of the tap after sitting for a day in the fridge with the lid off to gas off chlorine,

What does the chlorine do to the food in the fridge?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It isn't just pesticides (nitrates). It is also arsenic

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
No Brawndo jokes yet?

We all know it is what plants crave.

electrolytes.....lmao

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

i got two containers, one in the fridge and one i fill right before that one gets empty, and leave it sit on the counter then when i change them out to wash.
sad part i just fill ice trays up and go straight to the freezer.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

i got two containers, one in the fridge and one i fill right before that one gets empty, and leave it sit on the counter then when i change them out to wash.
sad part i just fill ice trays up and go straight to the freezer.

Did you know?

According to the U.S. Council of Environmental Quality, the cancer risk to people who drink chlorinated water is 93 percent higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

yea that's why i let it gas off, a guy at a water company i use to repair their pump motors for told me.
i use to boil it, but that got to be a pain.

that's why i said it's sad that i don't so the same for ice.

but i've come to understand that what i do may not be enough, depends on how it's treated. thought about getting a real filter system not just one of those tap system, the kind used in restaurants. but those can cost, the ones we installed were 1500 and up.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

nectar of the gods that were on a RDO the day the rest of them sampled an almost frozen big pint of golden circle pineapple/orange juice & called in sick the day of reviewing a farmers union iced coffee....so cold its gone all shardy requiring the last bit of a mouthful to be slightly chomped before swallowing. Ooh friggin la la la indeedy.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Did you know?

No. I didn't.

I don't suppose you have an actual source for that, do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join