It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

furious 8 review.....spoilers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
watched it last night. i have to say i am not impressed at all. i am a huge fan of this series but i am thinking maybe it is time to hang it up. 8 is enough.
obviously we knew paul walker was not going to be in it. the movie has a different feel without him. i know dom is kind of the main character but the vibe is different without paul.

spoilers below

i am not happy with the action or should i say lack of. they all hit pretty hard as far as action goes. 6 and 7 especially. this one was lacking big time.
dom had no big fight sequences.
letty had no big fight sequences.
tesh and roman had no big sequence of any kind really. might as well not even be there.
the cars were just meh. couple nice ones but nothing really awesome save for the charger dom was rolling.
no real kick ass chase sequences....least nothing i was happy with. there is a scene where theron hacks a bunch of cars and a chase starts but it is kind of a lame chase and the cars were just average everyday cars. major letdown

dom has a kid...im not feeling that at all.
so apparently dom got elena pregnant. as revealed in this movie she found out she was pregnant right when he found out letty was still alive. now we see elena in this movie with a kid. the kid was probably 8 months or so. so he is 8 months old(ish)...most women find out a month or 2 in. so i am thinking elena had 15 months or so to tell dom yet she didnt. he just finds out when the events in this movie start to unfold.
we know he did not cheat on letty cause he thought she was dead. now elena dies and at the end its dom and letty and the new kid(brian) like 1 nice happy family....i just wasnt feeling it.

no mention of where brian and mia are. no mention of what they are doing. no mention of why they are not around.

only time he is mentioned is when roman says "brian would know what to do".....then one of them says "we agreed we would leave him out of it" and thats it.
just felt that kind of lame too.

i feel like they could have given us a little bit about where he is and why he is there to kind of close the brian arc but they didnt.

all in all i was not happy and i really wanted to be.

it just didnt have it for me....

edit on 17-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thanks for the review. Doesn't interest me now. Trailer was good.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I watched the first one and thought it was pretty good, not great.
Didn't make it through the second without napping.
Lost count of all the sequels.

Then I heard today that this one might break all kinds of box office records.
Shows what the hell I know.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Thanks for the review. Doesn't interest me now. Trailer was good.

hey man go check it out. i was talking to people at work about it and most everyone thought it was pretty good. i seemed to be the odd man out with my opinion...
it was no that it was a bad movie. it just wasnt fast or furious imo....just kind of lacking all around.
i was bummed out

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

money.cnn.com...

biggest opening ever....its killing it

nox office sales does not equal an awesome movie though.

there was a lot of hype and a lot of marketing around this movie. i have to think a lot of that box office draw was cause of that. once the reviews start pouring in i think it will slow down.

either way it is making money. 9 and 10 have already been announced. if they make them i will watch them.
just felt like this was pretty weak. i would rather them stop making them if they are going to be watered down like this.
if theyre gonna be like 1, 6, or 7 then bring it

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Think I maybe have seen 3 out of the 8.

Just not my cup of tea.
edit on 17-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the review.. I love the F&F movies (The original and Tokyo Drift are my favourites​) but also agree that 8 is enough the trailer looks ok from what i've seen don't think it's for me, i definitely won't go see it in the cinema i'll wait till it's on sky or dvd.

I'm more interested in watching Full-metal Alchemist than F&F 8, times have moved on.

That said, i'll probably watch it and 9-10 just cause it's F&F.
edit on 17 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join