It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'will test missiles weekly', senior official tells BBC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

US Deploys Two More Aircraft Carriers Toward Korean Peninsula: Yonhap

www.zerohedge.com...

As the US is moving more carriers closer to Little Fat Boy I see that he will be pressured to use his special first strike forces which are positioned near the DMZ.

Photo taken by SK spies.
edit on 4 17 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

God knows Kim has certainly demonstrated he should get the benefit of the doubt, right?

I'm going to play devils advocate here...because I'm NO LOVER of North Korea, but I am a fair guy.

What threat (other than to his own people) has North Korean shown historically that they shouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt?

Our 'civilized' nations have actually shown more disregard for the global stage if you want to be honest with yourself, than North Korea has....so why precisely shouldn't they?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech
Off the top of my head I know that the Vietnamese had been fighting the Japanese and French for 20 years before the Americans showed up.

I agree with some of your post but we are not talking about guerrilla warfare, hit and hide. And who said anything about taking North Korea?

I think the US goal would be to defend South Korea and maybe take out Kim and or his missile system, but no invasion of the North.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Its not what they have done, its what they threaten to do.

Every week the fat little bastard is threatening to nuke someone! Not just the USA or south Korea but Japan too (WTF? JAPAN?).

Some who threatens nuclear destruction in a whim should not have nuclear weapons.

If north Korea where content to just shut up and sit in they own oppressive land peacefully and quietly I would not have a issue with the developing nuclear weapons and the missles that go with them.

Nuclear weapons come with responsibility. That fat little #head has not shown he has the maturity to handle nukes.
edit on 17-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Take out Kim

And then what ?

Hasn't Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya taught us anything ?

North Koreans are brainwashed probably more than the Hitler youth and the Nazi's were, removing Kim isn't going to solve anything. Kim isn't really a problem to be honest, he's only a problem because we (the west) are constantly making him a problem, I'm sure if we left him alone, dropped sanctions, stopped intimidating him by parking carrier groups off his coast he wouldn't be the petulant child throwing his toys out of the pram that we make him into

To quote the great Sun Tzu

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”

a reply to: crazyewok

Didn't we get the same rhetoric from Iran wanting to nuke Israel ? We're only told what the media tells us, how can be so sure on what is said is true ?

edit on 17/4/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Iran was a badly translated speach. That was misquoted.

North Korea it directly comes from them! It comes from there generals, there state run "media" and the little fat man himself!

Look i dont trust the media one iota, hence my sceptism with syria.

But North Korea is not western media hersay, it comes directy from North Korea.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'm no lover of North Korea either, and I'm not one to pretend that the world, lead by the US, hasn't backed them into a corner.

But at no point during the whole process of getting backed into a corner has any North Korean leader said "okay okay we'll stop treating our people like # and we'll stop shooting missiles in Japan's direction and stop shelling the DMZ and stop killing Americans for trying to cut down a tree in a security area and our bad for trying to shoot down that AWACS that was over the Sea of Japan or that other time we actually did shoot one down." Or any of the other incidents that have happened.

America doesn't have spotlessly clean hands in the matter, but North Korea sure as hell doesn't. One side in this equation has over a half century of not using the bomb when they're not supposed to, and the other side has repeatedly messed around with the bomb when they weren't supposed to be. One side continually threatens to nuke everybody into oblivion and the other side doesn't, and doesn't really give any indication that they will use them.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Every week the fat little bastard is threatening to nuke someone! Not just the USA or south Korea but Japan too (WTF? JAPAN?).

Some who threatens nuclear destruction in a whim should not have nuclear weapons.

If north Korea where content to just shut up and sit in they own oppressive land peacefully and quietly I would not have a issue with the developing nuclear weapons and the missles that go with them.

Nuclear weapons come with responsibility. That fat little #head has not shown he has the maturity to handle nukes.

Don't complain when Japan caused WW2 and has US bases. Japan isn't neutral in this.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Don't complain when Japan caused WW2 and has US bases. Japan isn't neutral in this.

In what crazy world did Japan cause WW2? the war was going for years before Pearl Harbour...

also who the hells threatens to nuke Japan, they are the only country to have ever had nuclear weapons used on them and not once but twice, i think they have paid the price for their actions several times over and nobody should be threatening them when they have been a peaceful nation for decades not to mention they are the sole reason for the technological superiority of the USA.

Stop hating on Japan, those guys have enough to deal with coz they got Godzilla just waiting to strike

edit on 17/4/2017 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Seriously why is anyone taking any notice?this has being going on for years,i,m actually so bored of it now,if they are going to fight then fight but its not going to happen.

its like an old married couple having an argument and one threatens divorce but all goes quiet after a while until next argument and then its threatened again.

you know cause its went on so long the divorce will never happen,arguments will happen every now and again but you know a divorce is never on the cards so everyone just lets them get on with it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
in my naive ponderings, I've often thought "what if one leader called the other leader and said "look...things are getting ridiculous. how about we try starting over again?""?
not just us/nk, but every country fighting and thumbing noses at each other. there is no peace anymore. not because it doesn't exist, but because it's the first expectation thrown out; briefly toyed with, but because it's not profitable or powerful, peace becomes the LAST option.
and I get that there are an ass-ton of (ridiculously inflated) obstacles in the way, but I also refuse to believe that sometimes "oops" or "sorry" couldn't cover a multitude of sins.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Imo Lil' Kim is nuts enough to take out everyone around him should he feel the end is near. We've got more ships headed to the region, our Seals are training to take him out, China has 150k troops on its border with NK, etc.

I can't remember where I heard this, but one can step up to the abyss so many times w/o falling in. Something has to give.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: crazyewok

WW2 was 70 years ago FFS.

Not only is WW2 over but Japan got beat pretty badly and has changed its culture.

A countrys past history is not a excuse for violent behaviour

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Meaning their military has no military fighting experience. Unless they have been fighting in other wars like Vietnam.

How much fighting experience did the Vietcong have in Vietnam ?
How much fighting experience did the Mujahideen have in Afghanistan ?
How much fighting experience did Al Qaeda have in Iraq ?
How much fighting experience did ISIS have in Syria and Iraq ?

They were all farmers, workers and just normal people who took up arms will little experience on even holding a gun let alone fighting a war

They've all managed to hold off superior forces with superior tech

You think taking North Korea will be a cakewalk ?

The biggest mistake the US has been making since WW2 is underestimating its opponents and the people of the nations they're fighting in

The Vietcong had Russian arms and aid.

The North Korea had help from Both Russia and China.

The mujhideen had help from China,Pakistan,surrounding muslim allies, and the west.

AQ has help from Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, and surrounding muslim allies.

Same with ISIS.

All farmers ?

LOL.

Hardly.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes, let's condemn millions of people to death because their leader is a despot.

Most of his own people probably hate him, yet here we are, gun-ho again beating that war drum.

I think it's slightly, at least in a macabre way, comical how people assume that a full force land invasion is going to be clean and swift. Just like Iraq? And Afghanistan? And Syria and Vietnam? Hell the world is being terrorized by these people MORE now than it was. Result!!

How about we stop wishing the innocent people get blown up and instead examine the mindset of the people sitting behind the buttons that make other people go boom?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
'The problem' isn't currently North Korea it's actually South Korea . The US will lose its chips in South Korea if the communists get elected in a few weeks , and meanwhile the US-friendly president in South Korea has been impeached hence imminent elections there. In South Korea .

This is all the facts you need really , to work out just what is going on there , and why it is happening , now .

The US wont be able to attack N Korea without the blessing of the South . The US is about to very shortly lose that blessing .

Go figure , at least someone , everybody preferably, otherwise there isn't much point even having these boards . There is little point having opinions without the factual context being understood . user _Snarl having put this, the most likely / appropriate context on earlier threads

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just EMP most parts of the country. No rocket will work. No computer. No communication. No war.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I guess the US launch code hackers will be busy for the coming weeks.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

South Korea has 60 days to elect a new leader after the court’s eight justices unanimously supported the impeachment motion, passed overwhelmingly in December by the national assembly, which accused Park of extortion, bribery, abuse of power and leaking government secrets. The election, likely to be on 9 May, could see a liberal installed after almost a decade of conservative rule and at a time of increasing tension on the Korean peninsula and in the wider Asia-Pacific region. South Korea’s relations with China, the US and North Korea are expected to feature prominently in the campaign. A man in an illuminated costume at a rally in Seoul demanding the arrest of Park Geun-hye. Facebook Twitter Pinterest A man in an illuminated costume at a rally in Seoul demanding the arrest of Park Geun-hye. Photograph: Jung Yeon-Je/AFP/Getty Images Opinion polls show that that Moon Jae-in, a former MP from the opposition Democratic party of Korea who lost the 2012 election to Park, is the favourite to succeed her. Moon has called for talks with North Korea in contrast to Park’s hard line against Pyongyang, and has vowed to “reconsider” Park’s plans to deploy a US missile defence system, amid objections from Beijing. China’s official Xinhua news agency wasted no time in responding to Park’s impeachment and accused her of dealing “a massive blow to [South Korea’s] relationship with Beijing” by agreeing to host the Thaad missile system. It said the deployment was “very likely to usher in an ice age” for economic ties between China and South Korea, and urged Park’s successor to rethink.

From The Guardian March 10th 2017
edit on 17-4-2017 by ZIPMATT because: source

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Lysergic

I guess they want to show the world they can get a nuke to its target before showing off more nuclear abilities ?

North Korea already has the ability to get a nuke anywhere it may want to in the world. They have some highly developed shipping routes and ample ability to supply a nuclear weapon to a third party actor that would be able to deploy it without the use of a ballistic missile.

In the more conventional sense, the ballistic missiles that everyone seems to be more worried about are called the KN-08 and the KN-14. These are supposedly the ones that can be fitted with a nuclear warhead. It's foolish to underestimate North Korea. Any engagement with them is going to get really bloody, really fast. And they are obviously not opposed to using their nuclear arsenal.

The Carl Vinson carrier group is still about 3,500 miles away from the DPRK. Once it gets closer you can expect the rhetoric to ramp up quite a bit. Foal Eagle 2017 is already underway and will get much bigger once the Carl Vinson arrives later this month. Be ready for some fireworks, then. These exercises are always considered offensive to the DPRK and under such heightened tensions as we have right now they may just be the spark that lights the North Korean fire everyone apparently wants to see.

NK Missile Aresenal
Foal Eagle 2017

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join