It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Rock Music Created By ATS Members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ok so, this one ain't for the rappers, the country bumpkins, the metal heads, the mowtowns, or the funksters. This one is all about mainstream rock, classic rock, Top 40 type stuff. Except it has to be created by you, the ATS member. Lol, is there anyone even on here still creating this kind of music?

I just made a new uptempo rock tune about a steamy love affair, and you can hear it here:
soundcloud.com...

If you want it you can d/l it here:
Google Play Link
Spotify Link

Let me know if you like it, and if you don't, do like grandma always said: "If you don't have something nice to say, best to keep your mouth shut." On the other hand, if you have some constructive criticism, I'm always up to hear your ideas.

Anyways, I'd be curious to hear what some other ATS members are doing these days with rock (as long as it doesn't stray too far over into heavy metal/hard rock, rap rock, screaming, etc.)

Make a joyful noise!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

So this is more along the lines of what I thought a "new uptempo rock tune about a steamy love affair" would sound like:

Your song is more along the lines of soft rock, nothing wrong with it

I grew up on Seether, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Days Grace, etc.
I enjoy most rock music.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

lol

I thought soft rock was stuff like Bread, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Simon & Garfunkel, etc. ?

At least I got electric guitars, keyboards and punchy drums in mine! But anyways, I'm looking forward to some posts from other ATS members and their own brand of rock!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Wow, that was great!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks so much Night Star!

Got a little tired of politics, and went back into my studio. And that's what emerged.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Maybe it's the recording, maybe my gear, but it sounds like your bass player keeps dropping in and out of the song. You know, play a few cords, stop, drop back in, etc.....
Otherwise

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Sorry but that was soooo 80ish i had to clean my ears with watch?v=0i3Aa9NlxCk

and i have lived more than a half century on this planet.

But i love your insight on volcanos and other stuff.
edit on 17/4/17 by Norge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Maybe it's the recording, maybe my gear, but it sounds like your bass player keeps dropping in and out of the song. You know, play a few cords, stop, drop back in, etc.....
Otherwise

Just so you know, I played and sang everything on that tune, and recorded it and mixed/mastered it as well. I am not hearing that at all with the bass. Not sure what you got going on over there. But thanks for the listen!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I liked it, you’ve really got to mix some space into it though, sounds crowded, the song and voice is good, yeah its sounds eighties, but thats a lot to do with your mix and maybe arrangement . Good music is good music regardless of time. Don't know if its my end but I have good proximity studio monitors and I thought everything was running hot. Just my opinion, well done

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Your song would go so well in an 80's martial arts action movie. lol

Good job. It's catchy.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It sounds so 80's because maybe that's some of my favorite period of rock. Not everything of course, just certain artists and songs.

Lol, now wait a minute. This was supposed to be for members to post some stuff. And I know there's a few of you around here that make music. So let's go folks, gimme what you got.

Also, my tune 'Feels So Right With You' is now on iTunes
edit on Mon Apr 17th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: DAVID64
Otherwise

Just so you know, I played and sang everything on that tune, and recorded it and mixed/mastered it as well. I am not hearing that at all with the bass. Not sure what you got going on over there. But thanks for the listen!

Cool, I'll check your stuff out. I write/play/record/mix all my own stuff, too.

What (DAW) program do you use, or do you go the analog route?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Oh, DAW? Reaper, but of course. I've been through Cubase, Nuendo, and some others, but Reaper just works so darn well and is so stable I like it the best. But also, got a pretty nice board- a Midas Venice F32. It has integrated firewire, so it is also my interface. So you could say I am running a hybrid digital/analog rig. And a boatload of plugins. More like a truck load. And well, some nice instruments- Korg Kronos X, Fender Jazz bass, Schecter and Ibanez electric guitars, Fractal Audio AX8 for guitar efx, and a really nice set of TAMA Superstar Classic maple drums outfitted with all Zildjian A's.

What can I say, I spend my money on music stuff instead of on women... At least, till the next one comes along...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sounds like a pretty nice setup, and definitely some nice instruments. Do you play and record all-live drums, then? All mine are synthesized using a Roland JV1080, but they sound pretty good for the most part.

Definitely an 80s sounding song, which is not a bad thing. I like the warm analog synth, too. That's the Korg? I have a poly 800 that is now sadly out of tune by at least 2 whole steps. The mix sounds good enough, even though I'm listening on a my Mac. What vocal FX or plug ins did you use for those, some verb and/or...?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just so you know, I played and sang everything on that tune, and recorded it and mixed/mastered it as well.

I was going to ask about that. Well done! You are fortunate to be able to sing well, know how to play different instruments and to record, mix and master it all by yourself is impressive.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

I had a JV1080 and a JV880 for a long time, a long time ago. I used it on all sorts of productions back when I was running a small commercial studio in Atlanta. But yes, those drums are real (the TAMA's), and that is the third take complete with no edits. It's not a hard drum part though. Vocals are processed pretty heavy. I try to stay away from verb on vocals, and if I use it, it will be barely audible. Most mixing guys will say pretty much the same. Delay works better.

Thanks again Night Star. I don't really think I am that proficient at any one instrument, except maybe the drums. It's just I spend a lot of time composing and recording each part. Ultimately it's easier for me than involving better players. While it may not sound as good as with better players on it, at least I can take my time, and don't owe anyone else a darn thing. It's a tradeoff I accept. And so the downside is I have to work hard to get parts that work. Takes a lot of time.

I can't believe no one else has posted anything. Come on now peoples.

top topics

join