It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly man killed live over Facebook. Manhunt Ongoing in Cleveland

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Doesn't matter if the condone it or not.

They enabled it.

They profited from it.

Negligent homicide.

Streaming a murder online is not enabling. If Facebook stopped by and said "I like your work, keep up the good work and we will sponsor you and provide free ammunition", now that would be enabling.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Just saw the video. This guy needs to be shot right away. If you see him don't argue just shoot. Btw the video is pretty f#cked up. There is no need to watch it.

That seems dangerous because what if it's not the right guy? You don't know him and there are probably alot of men that look like him. It wouldn't be hard to mistake someone else for him if he wasn't doing anything obvious like holding a gun.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Actually he did.

Facebook was the gun.

Facebook was the trigger.

I must have missed the hand coming through his phone screen that pulled the trigger for him. Maybe Mark beamed some of the same cuckoo ideas through his phone that you seem to be tapped into to think you can hold Facebook responsible for someone committing homicide.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think we should bring back 'Dead or alive' for some folks.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

They enabled it.

They profited from it.

Negligent homicide.

Streaming a murder online is not enabling. If Facebook stopped by and said "I like your work, keep up the good work and we will sponsor you and provide free ammunition", now that would be enabling.

As a social media giant with post after post of knowing just how effed up people are.

They knew the ramifications of Facebook live.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Be careful, you're dealing with the Johnny Cochrane of ATS, his knowledge of the law is deep and profound. If the Facebook streamed killin', we'll sue you God willin'.

edit on 16-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamwhale

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Just saw the video. This guy needs to be shot right away. If you see him don't argue just shoot. Btw the video is pretty f#cked up. There is no need to watch it.

That seems dangerous because what if it's not the right guy? You don't know him and there are probably alot of men that look like him. It wouldn't be hard to mistake someone else for him if he wasn't doing anything obvious like holding a gun.

I didn't mean the idiots who own guns because it's cool and use it as a penis enlargement. I meant the responsible gun owners who know what they are doing. His info is already all over Twitter and verified. Besides the police can't seem to find him either.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Scary world we live in, I totally disagree with blaming Facebook or Video games.

The killer himself has said why he's doing it, neither of those things are to blame.

Also, when you go "Live" only people who would know are the people on your friends list.

It's not like I had a notification saying "Watch murder online now" click here.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A piece of garbage disguised as a human, disgusting! He just killed the old timer like it was nothing....

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They enabled it.

They profited from it.

Negligent homicide.

As a social media giant with post after post of knowing just how effed up people are.

They knew the ramifications of Facebook live.

Einstein knew of the ramifications of building a nuclear bomb. Maybe we should try him post mortem for all deaths associated with nuclear fallout.

Facebook offers a service, since I don't Facebook I could careless what they offer. That said, there were kids in Philly when I was younger who put razor blades on yo-yo's and sliced up other kids. Should the yo-yo makers be held accountable for someone using their platform for reasons outside of their marketing?

I guess we should blame guns for people using them outside of their intended purpose? Why not focus more on the insane murderer than on Facebook.

link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Scary world we live in, I totally disagree with blaming Facebook or Video games.

The killer himself has said why he's doing it, neither of those things are to blame.

Also, when you go "Live" only people who would know are the people on your friends list.

It's not like I had a notification saying "Watch murder online now" click here.

It's definitely video games.

The Romans were addicted to bloodthirsty twitch shooters like Call of Duty. They also enjoyed violent films like Ridley Scott's Alien and Arnie's detestable Total Recall.

True story.

I've also heard that the Mayans listened to a lot of Tupac and Lil' Wayne. Black Sabbath and Pantera as well. That's why they sacrificed babies and stuff.

link   
Facebook was clearly on top of its game.

Only took them 3 hours to remove the video.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

Facebook policies are a joke, it's like they dont care...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent

Considering they have a few billion users and Millions of updates, videos and pictures per second, it's not totally crazy it took that long.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent

Nah it's all over Twitter now anyway. People are retweeting it like crazy.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

Maybe if the guy was white and a Trump supporter they would have and that video wouldn't been up for 3 hours.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
Considering they have a few billion users and Millions of updates, videos and pictures per second, it's not totally crazy it took that long.

Plus it's Easter. I'm sure they have the full crew on today so they can piss off a few Christians while they promote murder and mayhem.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

Maybe if the guy was white and a Trump supporter they would have and that video wouldn't been up for 3 hours.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and there it is, folks!

I may have had a bit too much to drink today (the night is still young), but what in the actual....

Can this be my new signature?!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

That's interesting considering your thread about getting threatened.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet a rank and file FB worker was ready within a few minutes of the word spreading over the net to deal with it but it took 2 and half hours of calling managers to get an OK to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join