It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Evidence in Travis Walton Abduction Case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Was told a long time ago by an elderly gentleman who I respected.
"Do you know what you get sitting on the fence? Splinters."

I've also heard, "If you choose a side, you automatically reduce the number of people against you by half."

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
A large hangar inside a 20ft saucer? wtf??? I am smelling hoax although the story does sound pretty cool.

I was under the impression that what he was describing when he woke up was something that happened on a "mothership" of some kind. I seem to recall that he described saucers similar to the one that picked him up sitting in the large hangar with the muscular Nordic aliens.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Heh, not to mention his mama saying the aliens had him and would bring him back....and don't start me on the kitsch 1970s joy stick control

The soil samples...meah I can get a different result from my front yard to my back yard.
The control soil samples 1-7 are ALL different, so it says nothing other than there are different mineral compositions over the entire area.
Unless I am reading it wrong, help me out?
edit on 18-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

If unnatural high iron contents showed up at every site tested, what other conclusion could you logically come to?
The guide for how to make crop circles explains that if you want your crop circle to be deemed "genuine" instead of "man-made", it's a good idea to sprinkle some strange stuff near the site (such as iron filings or whatever), and I don't see any reason why that advice needs to be limited to crop circle hoaxers and couldn't be used by other hoaxers like Travis Walton etc.

www.circlemakers.org...

Particularly popular are strange substances, usually found in the centre of the circles - white goo, for instance, or dew-rusted iron filings (meteoric dust)... or anything glowing or luminous - will quickly attract a flurry of interest.

From OP source:

This laboratory speculates that the hovering craft propulsion system has a powerful electromagnetic effect thereby drawing (and concentrating) these iron particulates toward the surface.

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Always nice to see a scientific lab doing real science, rather than making ridiculous, unfounded statements. Oh, wait...
I agree that hypothesis does sound more ridiculous than scientific.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

There was a movie made about this case. It's called "Fire in the Sky". Walton does state the movie was dramatized in some areas, but it was still a good movie that touched on this case.

Taking in consideration what many reputable witnesses have said about cases like this one. To me it seems like the greys are trying to look more human. The bible does state that angels/the watchers can't procreate, which would explain why the greys are doing experiments on humans and also on cows. The genome sequence of cows is 80% similar to humans.

edit on 19-4-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I'd love to help with a conclusive answer but this requires a someone schooled in soil science to really look at the evidence. Unfortunately examining the soil from just this one site will never prove anything conclusively. No matter how many times they go back and how much dirt is examined. Ultimately this update throws new interest on a very old case. But won't get close to resolving it either way.

From a historical point of view the whole Walton story is an interesting one as it happened before the glut of abduction stories in the 1980s. It involves both humanoid aliens and 'greyish' type aliens. It neatly morphs the end of one era into the start of another.

In 1975 this seemed to be an amazing story and caught the attention of the world. But it seems that many of the details that would have thrown doubt on the story never really got made public. It was the 1970s and things were a lot, lot different of course and tabloids loved a good story like this. They sold in their millions. How things have changed.

According to Skeptoid

....Police were a little annoyed that they only learned of Travis' return through the mass media several days later: Neither Duane nor Mike had informed them. Still suspecting either foul play or a criminal hoax, police checked out the phone booth story. They found that the phone company did confirm the Neff home had received a call from the phone booth around midnight, but that none of the fingerprints on the phone were Travis Walton's. They found other problems too. While other people were out searching for Travis, Duane and Mike spent most of their time giving interviews to UFO investigators. Among the taped interviews that the investigators shared with the police were two interesting stories. Mike stated that he was delinquent on his forest service contract, and said he hoped Travis' disappearance would alleviate the situation. Duane said that he and Travis were lifelong UFO buffs, that they frequently saw them, and that they had recently discussed what to do if one of them were ever abducted.

There was one additional significant player in this cast of characters: The National Enquirer tabloid newspaper, which had a long-standing $100,000 prize offered for proof that UFOs were extraterrestrial. The Enquirer advised the Waltons that if they could pass a lie detector test, they might qualify for a large payment. Travis and Duane were not very keen on this idea, so the Enquirer agreed to keep the results secret should they not pass. The Waltons agreed. The Enquirer engaged an examiner named McCarthy, who, unfortunately, described Travis and Duane's results as "the plainest case of lying he had seen in 20 years." Duane was heard shouting that "he'd kill the son of a bitch." As agreed, the Enquirer did not publish the failed examination.....

The local UFO investigators were not convinced it was a deception, however, and so they arranged a third polygraph, this time by an examiner named Pfeifer. Pfeifer reported the results as inconclusive, but the UFO group announced to the press that the results were positive and confirmed that the Waltons' story was true. This is also the examination that Travis states that he passed in his book. In later years, both of the other examiners (Gilson and McCarthy) studied the results and agreed with Pfeifer that they were inconclusive.

And that's about the point where the story fizzled out. Travis got a book deal out of it, called The Walton Experience, and made some money.

Source : skeptoid.com...

Perhaps this throws a lot of doubts out there. But everyone must make up their own mind up. It's probably a case I'd move from the metaphorical grey basket to a "Darker Shade of Grey" basket.

At least it seems to be a proper old fashioned UFO tale that doesn't involve demons, religious cults, fingerprints of the intel boys, ancient gods and all that stuff that TDL seems to have been injecting into the ever more toxic stream of ufology.

edit on 19/4/17 by mirageman because: tidy up

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

The guide for how to make crop circles explains that if you want your crop circle to be deemed "genuine" instead of "man-made", it's a good idea to sprinkle some strange stuff near the site (such as iron filings or whatever), and I don't see any reason why that advice needs to be limited to crop circle hoaxers and couldn't be used by other hoaxers like Travis Walton etc.

Are you suggesting that these tests (being 40 years after the alleged event) were purposely tainted by someone who knew of the studies in advance?

Oh and Yeh England is Crap Circle central. You have to appreciate the planning and skill that goes into these works of art and they do look impressive when you see one in high summer. But they are man made for sure.

edit on 19/4/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
The genome sequence of cows is 80% similar to humans.

You can get complete, living HUMAN DNA very easily.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Are you suggesting that these tests (being 40 years after the alleged event) were purposely tainted by someone who knew of the studies in advance?

Oh and Yeh England is Crap Circle central. You have to appreciate the planning and skill that goes into these works of art and they do look impressive when you see one in high summer. But they are man made for sure.
Read the question I replied to which was about a pattern.

I can also think of many reasons iron concentrations might be higher near the surface than in deeper soil, many of them having to do with man-made influences, aside from hoaxing. For example the fly ash from burning bituminous coal composes from 10% to 40% of the ash content and this ash was just expelled into the atmosphere for decades, so some of it surely has altered the natural iron oxide distribution in soils. In most first world countries now environmental regulations only allow something like 1% of the fly ash to escape but even so the 1% that does escape may contain for example 30% iron oxide. However I'd expect most of the accumulated iron from fly ash in soil samples to be from previous decades when the fly ash was less regulated.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

If a person makes an absolute statement that they do not believe one particular way yet hypocritically deny the possibility of that very way by simply ignoring something they cannot explain or understand...this is called willful ignorance.

So true, I think many wont allow themselves to believe in the ET theory until there is absolute proof, even if there is no other good explanation.

edit on 20-4-2017 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join