It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Claims 500 Pakistanis (Protecting ISIS) Killed In US Bombing In Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I hope it is true.

When it comes to dead jihadis, the more the merrier.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah, REEEEEEEEAL EXPENSIVE!
About $170k, according to Business Insider:

link

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How does that make me wrong, if anything it makes me right. What's your point?

My whole post was about them lying and you call my post 'ramblings'. Each to their own.

Everyone lies, it's just how it is.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

link

Add up delivery cost as well as all other exspenses getting it there and on target and you come to around half a million prolly.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is really sad...

I wish they would have dropped another one
I am sure US can do better next time
Go big or go home

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
On a thread on Facebook for an Indian news outlet thousands of Indians were making the same claims.

(not sure what to call people from India, Hindu maybe?)
edit on 16-4-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

link

Add up delivery cost as well as all other exspenses getting it there and on target and you come to around half a million prolly.

No its dumped out the back of a c130 maybe 10,000 for fuel and maintenance.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

link

According to Deagle, Guide to Military Equipment and Civil Aviation, it cost 16 million per MOAB unit.

edit on 16-4-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
On a thread on Facebook for an Indian news outlet thousands of Indians were making the same claims.

(not sure what to call people from India, Hindu maybe?)

People from India are called....Indians

A Hindu is not a race it is a religion of which many Indians are

Thus everyone born in India is Indian but not every Indian is Hindu

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
From the article, which you obviously did not read.

The US's Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb does not cost $314 million, or $16 million, but $170,000 a unit, the US Air Force told Business Insider on Friday. The weapon, whose acronym inspired the nickname "Mother of All Bombs," was produced by the Air Force, not by a third party like Lockheed or Boeing, "so we don't have a standard procurement cost associated with them," an Air Force official said. The $170,000 figure makes sense considering a general-purpose 1,000-pound MK-83 costs about $12,000. The MOAB simply features more high explosives and larger fins to direct the GPS-guided munition. Many outlets, including The New York Times and Business Insider, inaccurately stated the cost of the MOAB as being in the millions. Business Insider's article has since been corrected to reflect this information.

Even Business Insider knows when to admit error.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

Who are you going to believe, Business insider or Deagle?

GBU-43/B
Initial Operational Capability (IOC): November 2011
Total Production: 20
Unitary Cost: USD$16 million
Also Known As: MOAB and Mother Of All Bombs
Origin: United States of America

Parent System: GBU-43/B
Initial Operational Capability (IOC): November 2011
Total Production: 20
Production Cost: USD $314 million
Total Cost: USD $314 million

www.deagel.com... 

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Personally, I would trust an Air Force official who doesn't have an agenda to inflate the cost just to unnecessarily inflate military budgets, that's who! BTW, how OLD is your info? Six years? Need to update your intel!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

They didn't make that bomb last month. They made it in 2011. My INTEL is just fine. The cost was what it was, and it was $16 million per unit.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Yes indeed, I don't know that I would trust India as a source though, in regard to Pakistan.
Wouldn't trust anything either say's about the other.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

They didn't make that bomb last month. They made it in 2011. My INTEL is just fine. The cost was what it was, and it was $16 million per unit.

COst changes depending on number of MOABs in circulation. And manufacturing cost are way down now on them.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Your intel was wrong it uses the wrong bomb. Twitter went to Deagel.com found what they believed was the bomb and was wrong.

Its just a big bomb doesnt cost millions its made by the military, They just throw the parts together its not hard to make a bomb. As for the cost it woud be the cost of materials. and labor. The bomb that cost 16 million is a 5,300 pound Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), or GBU-57, which is built by private defense contractor Boeing Company. The one they used in afghanistan was the GBU-43 not the same bomb.

The MOAB is constructed at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, in Oklahoma. Because of this they dont have a cost but explosives are cheap so material shouldnt cost more than a couple of hundred thousand.

edit on 4/17/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I would not be surprised if there really were Pakistanis killed nor would I be surprised if it is some fake news by the country of India.. Either way those saying primitive caves are probably way off the mark because the USA tax payers and other countries under the guidance of the CIA financed/built many of the tunnels/caves in the first place. At least they knew where to drop the mother of all bombs..

The first time bin Laden had seen the Tora Bora caves, he had been a young mujahedeen fighter and a recent university graduate with a degree in civil engineering. It had been some 20 years before, during Washington's first Afghan war, the decade-long, C.I.A.-financed jihad of the 1980's against the Soviet occupation. Rising to more than 13,000 feet, 35 miles southwest of the provincial capital of Jalalabad, Tora Bora was a fortress of snow-capped peaks, steep valleys and fortified caves. Its miles of tunnels, bunkers and base camps, dug deeply into the steep rock walls, had been part of a C.I.A.-financed complex built for the mujahedeen. Bin Laden had flown in dozens of bulldozers and other pieces of heavy equipment from his father's construction empire, the Saudi Binladin Group, one of the most prosperous construction companies in Saudi Arabia and throughout the Persian Gulf. According to one frequently told story, bin Laden would drive one of the bulldozers himself across the precipitous mountain peaks, constructing defensive tunnels and storage depots.

Indeed, by December 2001, when the final battle of Tora Bora took place, the cave complex had been so refined that it was said to have its own ventilation system and a power system created by a series of hydroelectric generators; bin Laden is believed to have designed the latter.

www.nytimes.com...-continues-1
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Oh what next!?

Iran had some troops there too, informing the ISIS fighters on how to destroy American's.

This is utter lunacy and it's playing right into the 'project for the new American century'. Albeit not in order, the plan is playing out EXACTLY as it is laid out. I suggest every American read the freely available PDF. It details exactly what's to happen. Multiple theatre wars, the overtaking of Somalia, Iran, Syria and Afghanistan. It's just a MASSSSSSSIIIIIIVE coincidence that ALL the countries in the PNAC document seem to be helping 'ISIS' and are now being found out all over the place, this isn't suspicious at all, not one little bit.....

This is one big play and we have NO say in how it's going to play out. People thought they had a chance for 'change' with their Trump vote - they didn't. War is a racket, as Smedley Butler said, and it's a racket that will continue because we all ignored Eisenhower. We deserve this in a way, so many people have spoken out....... Yet still people support these utter c*** suckers.

Where's our humanity? We're only okay with this because the bombs aren't falling on our children. I hate war completely and wish these power players would just sword fight among themselves. They'll destroy us all.

Both Trump and Hillary promised on the campaign trail to defeat ISIS. While I don't believe anything Hillary has ever said Trump is following through with his promises.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Your intel was wrong it uses the wrong bomb. Twitter went to Deagel.com found what they believed was the bomb and was wrong.

Source? Or are we just supposed to take your word for it? Who is "Twitter"?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

COst changes depending on number of MOABs in circulation. And manufacturing cost are way down now on them.

That was the reported cost at the time of purchase, in 2011. They may be cheaper to make today, but I'm pretty sure that the military will replace spent weapons with even most expensive technologically superior weapons in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join