It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - Now what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So.....It's been a hectic week for Trump.

What next?

It seems to me he had the best opportunity I've even seen to wipe that smile off big boy's face once and for all yesterday. Fatty had some of his top brass and adoring troops in one place along with mock up missiles and carriers etc. He could have quiet easily had the lot in one MOAB if he had chosen to....but he didn't.

Then to top it off, Kim prepared to launch another toy in a supposed slight of hand trick elsewhere in the country. Something the US surely must have seen prior to launch? However, Nothing was thrown in retaliation?

I was of the understanding that anything launched would give the go ahead for mass reprisals from the US ships parked off the coast?........but nothing?

Has Trump gone soft?

OK, it exploded but a launch is still a launch no?

I get the funny feeling something else is happening but it's too confusing. I just can't join the dots?

One thing is for certain, Fatty will use the launch as a victory, stating the missile frightened away the US forces. Sometimes it pays to keep your country in the dark.

Well old chap, I've got news for you. The US ain't going anywhere.

Thoughts please?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

The fact that Mogul didn't tweet about it says volumes, don't ya think ?

Buck
edit on 16-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

EXACTLY!!!!

Normally, he's bragging about this and that........but now.........radio silence.

Something is coming. Too many alternate endings in my head!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
We have some weapons that could be used to destroy a rocket at launch by scrambling some of it's electronics. It would require a satelite and the location of the rocket. I doubt if these trial rockets would have the deflection technology to interfere with that scrambling. I think Russias and the USA's missiles may have that protection.

I read about that a while back, but I am not sure how it works. I think they can emit it from a ship or land based site too.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

We were all under the impression that Trump would act if any tests were done by NK. BUT, something happened to make that all change. It seems Trump has changed his position.

I'm on the fence while being somewhat disappointed. I do think the last thing Kimmy needs is more time to get his capable long range nuclear tipped ICBMS due to his constant threats to use them on the CONUS and surrounding allies.

Anyway. Here is the real scoop, not largely known, but still readily available by the press.

(Last paragraph in the article)

But a U.S. military official, who requested anonymity to discuss planning, said the U.S. doesn't intend to use military force against North Korea in response to either a nuclear test or a missile launch. The official said plans could change in the unlikely event a North Korean missile targets South Korea, Japan or U.S. territory.

Link

What caused Trump to change his mind? I dunno. Maybe China...or Russia? In fact, that's the only reason I can think of.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

We were all under the impression that Trump would act if any tests were done by NK. BUT, something happened to make that all change. It seems Trump has changed his position.

I'm on the fence while being somewhat disappointed. I do think the last thing Kimmy needs is more time to get his capable long range nuclear tipped ICBMS due to his constant threats to use them on the CONUS and surrounding allies.

Anyway. Here is the real scoop, not largely known, but still readily available by the press.

(Last paragraph in the article)

But a U.S. military official, who requested anonymity to discuss planning, said the U.S. doesn't intend to use military force against North Korea in response to either a nuclear test or a missile launch. The official said plans could change in the unlikely event a North Korean missile targets South Korea, Japan or U.S. territory.

Link

What caused Trump to change his mind? I dunno. Maybe China...or Russia? In fact, that's the only reason I can think of.

Trump is giving China the chance to take care of the belligerent fat kid, before we do. Plain and simple.

N. Korea is an ASIAN problem, not ours. China would much rather mow their own backyard... no need for outside landscapers. I predict that China will take care of N. Korea... and the fat kid...

edit on 16-4-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks are assholes

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
So.....It's been a hectic week for Trump.

What next?

It seems to me he had the best opportunity I've even seen to wipe that smile off big boy's face once and for all yesterday. Fatty had some of his top brass and adoring troops in one place along with mock up missiles and carriers etc. He could have quiet easily had the lot in one MOAB if he had chosen to....but he didn't.

Thoughts please?

There were millions of civilians there, if Trump did that it would be a humanitarian disaster.

You are actually criticizing the President for not doing it or you didn't think about the consequences?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Buck

Trump doesn't administer his Twitter account anymore, his handlers do. That should be quite obvious.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71

Buck

You have to wait until his next bowel movement.

I'm just kidding.

Trump knows people are thinking silence speaks volume, all war before shooting starts is physiological. Trump has that part figured out with the messages sent, MOAB, Syrian strike, massive naval drills, silence, sending Pence to reassure all the main Pacific allies. Everyone of these moves is physiological.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Maybe with the embarrassment of their latest missile fail, they'll finally stop and rethink things, and 1. stop barking threats at everyone, and 2. realize that they're not prepared for a war.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I thought he said if they tried a nuclear test that they would hit them but not just a rocket test. Not that im a Trump fan or anything but im pretty sure they did do what they said they would in this one case.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

But as long as Kim Jong is in power, he's an imminent threat to some nearby country. I don't think President Trump is willing to keep sending "messages of deterrence", in order to keep him in check.

Even without these international distractions, our Congress is pretty dysfunctional right now. When they come back from Spring Break, they're supposed to tackle ObamaCare Reform and Tax Reform. If a stand-off with Kim Jong is still ongoing, Congress be focusing on that, instead of implementing the "America First" agenda.

Is it best for us to get rid of the "North Korea problem" ourselves ASAP, or to leave and let China/Japan take care of it?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is it best for us to get rid of the "North Korea problem" ourselves ASAP, or to leave and let China/Japan take care of it?

China can't take care of it. Even if they were really willing Russia would step up and help North Korea in their place.

I don't think there is any diplomatic solution anymore, however, I don't think that means all out war either.

I honestly do not feel that Kim Jong Un would retaliate a targeted strike on his nuke program, after all the talk and all the threats, I do not think he's willing to risk his power.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: carewemust

I honestly do not feel that Kim Jong Un would retaliate a targeted strike on his nuke program, after all the talk and all the threats, I do not think he's willing to risk his power.

You're the first person I've heard say that Kim Jong Un would NOT retaliate, and WHY. So, it will be up to the USA to solve this "North Korea Problem", as Trump calls it.

I just read that North Korea has trained "snatch squads", to sneak into South Korea and abduct Western tourists, as bargaining chips.

Ref: www.mirror.co.uk...

As I've said many times in this forum, its frustrating that the USA lacks the desire to assassinate Kim Jong. There are so many opportunities for a sniper (posing as a journalist) to do so. Especially during this "Day of the Sun" celebration weekend.

Perhaps we (the USA) really doesn't see him as a major threat... Just one of many unstable leaders who could be a major threat at some point in the future. But Kim Jong has the biggest mouth, which makes him a tempting target for Donald Trump, who also has an ego-fueled fighter attitude.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I wonder if a Laser burned a small hole in that missile which made it explode. If we did destroy it I hope we brag about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What is truly frustrating is the inability of any powers to rid the stupidity of cavemen times from these equations.

But then again the entire commodity believes it is doing the will of a supreme being, and they hold tightly to the cause forever.

Lackluster and boring they all are, they continue the same path as always.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
From what I can piece together from various sources. Russia is sending troops to their border with North Korea(most likely for control incase of a refugee crisis). China's ready to pounce if it goes hot. The US has said both they will take out his nuclear capabilities and sanctions (what else can we sanction tho? Can't be much left to take away)

With Trump not tweeting that tells me somethings up. I think the sanctions talk is a distraction from the strategic air strike of Lil Kim's nuke toys. We don't want him moving them before we are ready to take them out. He needs to remain confident and keep them where they are. Russia moving troops into that area is throwing me red flags. (sources on Russia is sketchy at the moment, well last time I checked)
edit on 16-4-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Blindmancc

I wondered the same thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: Blindmancc

I wondered the same thing.

I read somewhere we could hack those old systems he's using for the nukes.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Gone soft? What does that even mean? Do you assume we should launch missiles now, every time a country "defies" us?

I have a feeling instead of ushering in a "make America great" era.. where he promises no war.. it will be just the opposite. Do you people -want- war? Yea.. I think many of you do, sadly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join