It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents lose children for telling them Easter Bunny isn't real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

your a nanny state idiot. Probably chugging down a welfare check and too scared to step out of line yourself.

All my children have been explained that very bad humans are the true rulers of the Earth, and their goals are to force innocent people to believe in as many lies as possible from a young age in order to condition their minds to be gullible unthinking adults who refuse to challenge questionable narratives that result in very bad policies which cause human suffering. Therefore, it is imperative for them, as children to break that cycle by thinking critically and question everything told to them, especially if threatened with retaliation for refusing to accept given narrative.

Conditioning starts by forcing children to believe lies (fairy tales and personified animals in cartoons) so that they never use their mind to think and question the facts given to them, especially if they sound wholly unrealistic.

Is there anyways these foster parents can sue on the grounds a government agency attempted to force them to indoctrinate these children into a religious belief, therefore violating separation of church and state?? Maybe that is not a thing in Canada, who knows.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Is there anyways these foster parents can sue on the grounds a government agency attempted to force them to indoctrinate these children into a religious belief, therefore violating separation of church and state?? Maybe that is not a thing in Canada, who knows.

Didn't really read anything did you? The religious foster parents refusing to accommodate secular traditions whizzed right over your head.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
What did these foster parents have to lose by not telling these children the Easter bunny was fake?

I'm on the fence here because sure, nobody is required to believe in the Easter bunny and deep down I'm sure most kids know it's not real. But why take that away from a child? What harm is it too believe in this?

I think that these parents are not guilty of exposing the truth about Easter and bunnies, I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

It's Grey but I take it personally. I believe in conspiracies. I believe that governments are a fraud. I would NEVER tell my children my beliefs on those those issues or any issue that is up to them to decide how they want to see the world.

There is a big difference in letting people decide for themself, and telling them a lie, dont you think?

What exactly are you taking away from a child by telling them the truth? What harm is there to tell the truth? you can still have fun and follow tradions, even if you know the easter bunny isnt real!

You make it sound like all fun in the world will dissapear if kids now the truth

You wont tell you children your believes, but does that mean you lie to them? make a dreamworld for them to live in? or do you give knowledge (truth) to make up their own mind about how they see the world?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
a reply to: trollz

Normally I'd agree, but they're not parents, not adopted parents, they're FOSTER parents. Most kids in foster homes are there temporarily until their parents comply with whatever requirements prove they're worthy to get them back. They should be providing them a stable home environment WITHOUT trying to change long-held beliefs, religious viewpoints, or political opinions. It's more a matter of respect. Here in Illinois you can get your kids taken away for tons of minor violations. I know a girl who lost her kids because one repeatedly had seizures. The seizures caused bruises. So she lost her child even though the condition was well-documented and she had brought the girl to the hospital every day for a month. She's working to get the girl back right now, and she will (but the girl's condition has deteriorated under foster care). My point is the whole easter bunny/ Santa Claus thing is up to her real parents, or her adopted parents in the future. Her foster parents did overstep their bounds.

I humbly disagree. I personally believe Kids are capable of knowing the truth and enjoying the imagination at the same time. Like it says in the article "it's fun to pretend". There's no reason to remove kids from perfectly suitable foster parents because they choose to tell them the truth from a young age. I mean do you really disagree with their logic? They expect the truth from the kids, and in return they expect themselves to be truthful towards the children. At the end of the day if the real parents wanted them to grow up with certain beliefs then they should make the effort to be good enough to keep them out of the care system because ultimately that's what's going to harm them more in the long term than any truth about the Easter bunny ever will.

I feel sorry for the kids stuck in the middle of this, not because they've heard the truth but because they're being passed from person to person with no stable home, which is far more important than a silly story

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

I think that these parents are not guilty of exposing the truth about Easter and bunnies, I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

No ....that's what people are doing by indoctrinating their children into a religion and tricking them into believing in things that DONT EXSIST. Do you really not see the irony in what you said?

What I said is that kids have strong imaginations that parents join them in a couple times a year. It has nothing to do with religion for most. Kids don't have the chips on their shoulders that some have grown to have that believe they were "indoctrined" into painting some Frickin eggs and go on a treasure hunt.

Did those colorful eggs hurt you and make you less equipped to deal with reality? Sorry you took it so hard.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

I can actually see it as a cultural issue, like if they had been fostering Native children and telling them their tribe's traditions & folklore weren't important or real because they didn't "wish to lie" from a Christian POV. Bunny-themed secular Easter is pretty damn western at it's core, so it does qualify as a cultural tradition. Even if they weren't going to celebrate it, they should have at least been educating them about the history of it. It's part of us.

FYI, from the article --

The couple, who are devout Christians, told the agency that they “do not endorse Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny as they do not wish to lie to children.” They had noted that they don’t celebrate Halloween before they were approved as foster parents.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

What did these foster parents have to lose by not telling these children the Easter bunny was fake?

I'm on the fence here because sure, nobody is required to believe in the Easter bunny and deep down I'm sure most kids know it's not real. But why take that away from a child? What harm is it too believe in this?

It's Grey but I take it personally. I believe in conspiracies. I believe that governments are a fraud. I would NEVER tell my children my beliefs on those those issues or any issue that is up to them to decide how they want to see the world.

There is a big difference in letting people decide for themself, and telling them a lie, dont you think?

What exactly are you taking away from a child by telling them the truth? What harm is there to tell the truth? you can still have fun and follow tradions, even if you know the easter bunny isnt real!

You make it sound like all fun in the world will dissapear if kids now the truth

You wont tell you children your believes, but does that mean you lie to them? make a dreamworld for them to live in? or do you give knowledge (truth) to make up their own mind about how they see the world?

If you want your kid to be the one sitting in corner yelling "fake holiday" when the other kids are having fun painting and hunting for eggs then be my guest. I'm sure you kids will thank you for saving them from that hideous lie you were almost forced to participate in.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

your a nanny state idiot. Probably chugging down a welfare check and too scared to step out of line yourself.

All my children have been explained that very bad humans are the true rulers of the Earth, and their goals are to force innocent people to believe in as many lies as possible from a young age in order to condition their minds to be gullible unthinking adults who refuse to challenge questionable narratives that result in very bad policies which cause human suffering. Therefore, it is imperative for them, as children to break that cycle by thinking critically and question everything told to them, especially if threatened with retaliation for refusing to accept given narrative.

Conditioning starts by forcing children to believe lies (fairy tales and personified animals in cartoons) so that they never use their mind to think and question the facts given to them, especially if they sound wholly unrealistic.

So your a paranoid freak and making your kids believe what you believe is how you feel better about yourself.

I'll go ahead and say it. Your a # parent.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What I said is that kids have strong imaginations that parents join them in a couple times a year. It has nothing to do with religion for most. Kids don't have the chips on their shoulders that some have grown to have that believe they were "indoctrined" into painting some Frickin eggs and go on a treasure hunt.

Did those colorful eggs hurt you and make you less equipped to deal with reality? Sorry you took it so hard.

I agree. If you took the magic fading too hard, that's on you. My brothers and I outgrew the little kid characters of Santa, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy just fine. When everybody still gave a crap about Easter enough to still celebrate when we were adults, my older brother loved hiding those plastic eggs all over his house for us & his wife to find. Filled with candies? Sure, the oddball special-order kind, but it was appreciated. Others had small, meaningful trinkets in them, or in the case of a few years, lost jewelry that was found or new jewelry to replace lost stuff. Little notes of appreciation, funny references to events we'd forgotten about, etc. You don't have to put mindless materialistic stuff in all of them, think bigger.

FFS, it didn't leave us damaged at all. It breathed a new kind of tradition that was really sweet for adult siblings to share.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Good lord your post reeks of projection with a sprinkling of overcompensation topped off with a heaping pile of self aggrandizement.

@ OP - As for the story itself, the "system" hasn't filed their response to the allegations yet and the head of the agency won't comment on it since it's now a legal case. We'll have to wait and see what they file to get their side of the story.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yup, I'm with you on this.
No freakin way this is strictly about the easter bunny.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You should have seen what happen to the couple who said Jesus wasn't real!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

This article makes reference to the agency thinking they wouldn't treat kids from a same sex marriage like "regular" kids. Or words to that effect. But as I said previously, nothing from the agency on the claim.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I agree. If you took the magic fading too hard, that's on you. My brothers and I outgrew the little kid characters of Santa, the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy just fine. When everybody still gave a crap about Easter enough to still celebrate when we were adults, my older brother loved hiding those plastic eggs all over his house for us & his wife to find. Filled with candies? Sure, the oddball special-order kind, but it was appreciated. Others had small, meaningful trinkets in them, or in the case of a few years, lost jewelry that was found or new jewelry to replace lost stuff. Little notes of appreciation, funny references to events we'd forgotten about, etc. You don't have to put mindless materialistic stuff in all of them, think bigger.

FFS, it didn't leave us damaged at all. It breathed a new kind of tradition that was really sweet for adult siblings to share.

Exactly. We new it was BS but we still made it fun and we share it with the next generations. It's cultural more than religious.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Of course..I don't believe for 1 minute this is only about the easter bunny.
Thanks for posting the cbc link..I won't guess one way or the other if the reference is true.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No..... what you said was this:

I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

Word for word that's what you said, and that's not true. All they did is tell those kids the TRUTH, there is no Easter bunny, telling kid there IS an Easter bunny is a LIE. No way around it no matter how you want to justify it, there is no Easter bunny, attempting to convince your children that there is an Easter bunny is lying.

You don't need to lie to them with outdated (religious based) stories to retain their imagination, they will still have an imagination without that pointless crap.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Children's aid in Canada is every parents absolute nightmare.
They will scour your home looking for ashtrays, or remnants of alcohol or prescription pills.
Some of The CAS workers will even question why you hug your children. And try to make it into something else.
I haven't had to deal with them, but I know of a couple honest family's in town that had to basically fight in court to prove they were good parents.
They eventful became so brainwashed by what CAS deems as "responsible parenting" that they are now totally different people...almost robotic.
And I'm not exaggerating or blowing it out of contexts. These were good people, whom for one reason or another had CAS contact them. And now ...just aren't the same.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

No..... what you said was this:

I think they are guilty of manipulation children's minds to align with their own thinking and beliefs.

Word for word that's what you said, and that's not true. All they did is tell those kids the TRUTH, there is no Easter bunny, telling kid there IS an Easter bunny is a LIE. No way around it no matter how you want to justify it, there is no Easter bunny, attempting to convince your children that there is an Easter bunny is lying.

You don't need to lie to them with outdated (religious based) stories to retain their imagination, they will still have an imagination without that pointless crap.

You seem scarred by this?

Can you show us where the Easter bunny touched you?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Fake News

You should see what happens to adults who tell children that there's no Santa Claus!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Typical, deflection of the subject once you've lost the argument. Now your just going to resort to childish Easter bunny molestation jokes.

Classic debate logical fallacy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join