It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What comes after North Korea?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What’s after North Korea?

OK, before anyone gets all up in arms, this is just a thinking point. I was thinking about things and wondered if anyone else had wondered also.

I keep seeing post all over the internet that Trump & Kim Jong-Un are going to start WW3. What if it isn’t going to war with North Korea that starts WW3, but winning a war with North Korea that starts WW3.

How can winning a war start WW3? Territory dominance and claims.
Who will get the land of is now occupied by North Koreans? Should it be South Korea? Should they be given their entire peninsula back? Should all lands that once was a part of Korea again be part of the country Korea?

Now enter stage left: China.
In my opinion, Trump & Xi Jinping will be more likely to start WW3 when it comes time to claim territories.
China will expect something in return for the years that they have taken care of North Korea. They also will not want the United States Government getting their hands on North Korea’s information. That would let the United States know just how cozy of a relationship China & North Korea really have.

I also think that China will want any and all weapons that Jong-Un has been playing with (especially is they assisted North Korea in any way)
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Just thought I would drop this out here and see if anyone else was thinking about this.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I think you're spot on, Jess. China could also be tempted to get the coal. NK has been exporting alot of coal to China lately. If an US - China alliance takes over the mines, you'd be cutting off the border import fees.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Swanne I didn't even think about the coal. That's huge too. China has purchased coal from the US in January and turned North Korea coal ships around. NK has vast resources of coal.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Lunch , then wrap up syria for the saudis .

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I doubt anything will transpire with North Korea.

God forbid we obliterate them and lose our justification for our military presence in the south Pacific.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

WW3 is probably the end game, so it has to include the 3 powerhouses US, China and Russia. How and why is still yet to be determined, but it already seems like we are headed toward that direction.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's been said for years now. And every morning I wake up and I can still breath radiation free air.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

i think mongolia will bum-rush the area from blindside and take over north korea from the united states and china.

When was the last time you heard mongolia mentioned in the news or anywhere else?

Never. The Art of War. Ninja style.

Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Korea is really all about China. About occupying the Asian land mass, a toe hold on the continent. Vietnam was a failure, all of the other forward bases in the Empire are on Islands.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

China would never allow a re-unification of Korea without, perhaps, the official annexation of Taiwan.

And that would cause very serious problems with the Taiwanese.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
China doesn't want a world war. They don't have the military reach. More importantly, they have found a footing as a world power. If anything, Russia should be concerned about China as they share proximity. China has a relationship with the US, and exports billions in products to American buyers. And, they neither have the Air Force or Navy to commit to a war against the West. But, their massive military land resources would serve them well against Russia. And, give them much needed real estate and natural resources for their population and burgeoning manufacturing sector. If there is WW3, expect China to side with America. They would rule the East, America the West.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It the United States is going to First-Strike North Korea ... Trump would be an idiot not to take out China (and maybe Pakistan) in the same stroke.

Do you know why the North Korean 'problem' exists? It's spelled C-h-i-n-a.

Two boomers could lay waste to both North Korea's and China's military apparatus in three short minutes.

But: What comes after North Korea? Probably a lot of peace. We'll have to see if North Korea is an event at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I see Iran making noise next. Then there's always a wild card like Israel and the Palestinians, or back to Syria. I doubt Syria though, gott'a let Putin have some measure of stardom still.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I see Iran making noise next. Then there's always a wild card like Israel and the Palestinians, or back to Syria. I doubt Syria though, gott'a let Putin have some measure of stardom still.

Yes Iran probably is the next in line for sorting out. I don't see as Israel or Syria as they are both run already by the USA and Russia, there's nothing there to sort out really, but when it comes to Iran then yes they probably are next ine line.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That's been said for years now. And every morning I wake up and I can still breath radiation free air.

Well you better start enjoying that air while you still have it, becuase this year isn't like years before

Not fear mongering, just saying that I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies. Lots of information to think about. Mongolia is something that I had not even put into the equation. I left Russia out because I have no idea what way they would try to push things. Just playing with thoughts...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm not advocating for WW3, but sometimes I wonder if it's what the world needs. From chaos comes order.

What that order means is a whole new topic though.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

China would never allow a re-unification of Korea without, perhaps, the official annexation of Taiwan.

And that would cause very serious problems with the Taiwanese.

China is playing the long game, the bigger picture. Korea is a small fish. If China and US come to terms on a new global map, expect the Middle East to be laid to complete waste, and Russia to be choked to submission. The US doesn't have a problem with China's brand of communism. They play ball in a similar way as us. Money and power have given them a taste for our global perspective. Their best pathway to increase their influence is by partnering with the US. The problem child nations of the Middle East should be concerned, and Russia better pray their own ambitions don't stand in the way of China's growth.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I remember going to school in the 60s and going through THE Drill.
I remember going through the 70s and war with Russia could not be avoided.This followed through partially in the 80s and 90s (folks could not come to the realization the world had changed)
Then came 2001 - . The war in Iraq , Afghanistan would start WW3 . (16 years later and we are still here)
In the meantime there was China (and still Russia)
And , yes , North Korea,

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What’s after North Korea?

norway

[ according to an alphabetical list of nation states

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join