It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young British woman is stabbed to death 'by a Palestinian man' in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

A young British woman has been killed during a knife attack in Israel on Good Friday.

The victim, who is in her 20s, was stabbed with a kitchen knife on a train close to the Old City, where thousands of Christians gathered to remember Christ's crucifixion.

Police say they arrested a 57-year-old Palestinian man who is 'mentally unstable' after onlookers wrestled him to the ground.

2 other people were hurt as the tram they were on stopped suddenly. There is no information of the motive for the attack as yet as its just been reported in the last hr.
edit on 14-4-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

A young British woman has been killed during a knife attack in Israel on Good Friday.

The victim, who is in her 20s, was stabbed with a kitchen knife on a train close to the Old City, where thousands of Christians gathered to remember Christ's crucifixion.

Police say they arrested a 57-year-old Palestinian man who is 'mentally unstable' after onlookers wrestled him to the ground.

2 other people were hurt as the tram they were on stopped suddenly. There is no information of the motive for the attack as yet as its just been reported in the last hr.

Sir I dont believe you. The tv told me Muslim's are the religion of peace.

Oh Boy...my sarcasm is thick today.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

There is no information that its anything to do with religion right now. The guy is mentally unstable.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Odd that they know he is Palestinian and mentally unstable but don't have any other information on him.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The general calling card of Islam is when someone yells Aloha Snackbar! before the attack. If he didn't do that, then there is no way to know for sure what his motive was at the moment.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Odd that they know he is Palestinian and mentally unstable but don't have any other information on him.

Who knows, maybe he ranting and raving gibberish.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Is there any mention of the victim's name?

They mention "British woman" repeatedly.

I found one article which says she may be a dual Israeli national but all of the articles are repeating "British woman" like its some kind of mantra...

I'm sincerely confused.

One person gets stabbed in Palestine and the media goes crazy.

We drop 50,000 bombs on Syria, killing 450,000 people without any mention from the media ...

edit on 14-4-2017 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Is he really Muslim? I mean there are Palestinian Jews and Christians.

For example, do you know that Sirhan Sirhan is a Palestinian Christian that (Well the non conspiracy account) assassinated Bobby Kennedy?
edit on 4/14/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There's only minor "lone-wolf" attacks now..and there are 2 or more weeks in between attacks.

Western cultures are making progress against terrorists.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Obvious fake news.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Obvious fake news.

I take it ya a fan of a "palestinian state" COnsidering their Greatest champion(yasser arafatt) said they were not a real people but mad e up of refugees from surrounding countries trying to retake land lost militarily because they suck I do not see how you can side with a made up people.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway

Not really, you're giving yourself too much credit.

@ OP - I hope this isn't indicative of how the rest of the Holy Week is going to play out. A lot of people flowing into the area for the next couple of days. But it appears the assailant has a history of mental issues up to and including suicide attempts so hopefully this is just an isolated one-off event.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Do you still get 72 virgins of you're "mentally unstable"? Maybe that will get him bonus virgins?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Is there any mention of the victim's name?

They mention "British woman" repeatedly.

This just happened today. Very often media outlets will wait a reasonable amount of time before printing a victim's name in order to give authorities the chance to notify the family. This is particularly important when the incident happens abroad. I can not imagine the horror of finding out a loved one was murdered by reading the news.

I think holding off on the releasing the name is the proper thing to do.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There is no information that its anything to do with religion right now. The guy is mentally unstable.

PLEASE! You are rather naive .

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not at all, accusatory statements based on assumptions are born out of ignorance and bias. People should wait until the facts are in before making such comments.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Not really, you're giving yourself too much credit.

@ OP - I hope this isn't indicative of how the rest of the Holy Week is going to play out. A lot of people flowing into the area for the next couple of days. But it appears the assailant has a history of mental issues up to and including suicide attempts so hopefully this is just an isolated one-off event.

Yeah this is the worst time for something like this to happen, hopefully this can be seen as just a nutcase on the rampage. But im sure theres plenty of people who are just itching to make it into a whole lot more.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If it walks like the knife intifada and talks like the knife intifada...

...it is most likely just the latest muslim knife intifada terror attack.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No, it's only naive if he had yelled Allahu Akhbar when making the attack. Since no accounts report that he did that, then we have no real hints as to motive at this time from the information given. Just saying he is Palestinian isn't enough. We can make an educated guess he is Muslim, but without knowing for sure, we're only assuming that religion is what motivated the attack. We have no clear proof.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The man didnt give glory to Allah. it wasnt religious. this was political this time.

top topics

join