It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk mother makes car with child somersault over roundabout in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Is this luck due to the design of cars and child seats or bad luck due to the carelessness of the mother?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 13-4-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
She was driving *way* too fast for that road, for starters.

Also, did it say she was driving to a wake? Was she late?
edit on 13-4-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Wow, amazing video. Those car seats are amazing. A couple of years ago here in the States, a parent accidentally left his child in the car seat on the roof of his car. The car seat didn't fall off until he was going something like 60 mph. Baby didn't even get a scratch.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It takes skill to avoid the road sign like that!

This is why there is zero tolerance with drunk drivers.

Lucky the kid was unharmed and no other innocent people were harmed by this woman's stupidity.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I watched this last week, the baby is incredibly lucky. The mother who was 3 x over the drink drive limit received 6 month sentence which will be halved to 3 months if she behaves. What a joke! Im still reeling from the 2 year sentance given to a bristol man who shot his friends baby in the face to shut it up causing him permanent brain damage and blinding him in 1 eye. 2 years!!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i dont drive i dont know. but there is something wrong with the road.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

That's probably what she said when confronted by the Police despite drinking copious amounts of vodka before the incident. Dunno, going off experience, being pissed kinda does something to your vision.

Dunno where you are from but i believe not every Country has "roundabouts" .............. like an island in the middle of the road, you are supposed to go around them, giving way to traffic on the right (in the UK) on the left (in continental Europe)

One thing you don't do is attempt to go straight across them, there tends to be signage and floral furniture obstructing the way, they ain't flat either, more like a small hillock, hence the launch phase of the Nissan in the video

edit on 2017-04-13T14:26:54-05:002017Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:26:54 -0500bThursday2604America/Chicago172 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yes, it's got a roundabout in the way.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This shows how absurd the criminal prosecution service is, 24 months and 3 year ban for what could have been manslaughter...

Should be a 5 year sentence with lifetime ban...

RA

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
This shows how absurd the criminal prosecution service is, 24 months and 3 year ban for what could have been manslaughter...

Should be a 5 year sentence with lifetime ban...

RA

NVM
edit on 2017-04-13T14:58:55-05:002017Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:58:55 -0500bThursday5804America/Chicago172 by corblimeyguvnor because: NVM

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
For a normal person, a 24 month sentence will completely ruin your life. She's likely to lose custody of the child. She'll lose any job she had and be unlikely to obtain reasonable employment afterward. Any public benefits she had will be gone. In the US, most sentencing is on results, not possibilities. The way it turned out, there was a car accident with new injuries. You can sleep in peace knowing this person, who is obviously not as worthy as you, will have her life ruined by this mistake.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

That's probably what she said when confronted by the Police despite drinking copious amounts of vodka before the incident. Dunno, going off experience, being pissed kinda does something to your vision.

Dunno where you are from but i believe not every Country has "roundabouts" .............. like an island in the middle of the road, you are supposed to go around them, giving way to traffic on the right (in the UK) on the left (in continental Europe)

One thing you don't do is attempt to go straight across them, there tends to be signage and floral furniture obstructing the way, they ain't flat either, more like a small hillock, hence the launch phase of the Nissan in the video

I've seen that in some of the large roundabouts in the UK, container truck sized treads going straight across the grassy roundabout and over the flowerbeds. The only explanation being that a half-asleep trucker just drove straight across.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
For a normal person, a 24 month sentence will completely ruin your life. She's likely to lose custody of the child. She'll lose any job she had and be unlikely to obtain reasonable employment afterward. Any public benefits she had will be gone. In the US, most sentencing is on results, not possibilities. The way it turned out, there was a car accident with new injuries. You can sleep in peace knowing this person, who is obviously not as worthy as you, will have her life ruined by this mistake.

For a normal person, a 24 month sentence will completely ruin your life - she got 6 months and will likely serve 3.

She's likely to lose custody of the child. - while in prison yes, but theres no reason the baby cant be with her family while she is.

She'll lose any job she had and be unlikely to obtain reasonable employment afterward. - if she had a job yes there is a chance she could lose it as she will be away for minimum of 3 months, whens she comes out whats to stop her finding a new job. Her record will show a drink drive conviction (and will disappear from her record after 7 years).

Any public benefits she had will be gone - no they wont.

In the US, most sentenc..... ah I see. This isnt the us, its the uk. Differnet ways, different laws

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
yes she was driving to a wake...thank god no one was injured or killed..she was driving way too fast and crossed and went around that big truck

originally posted by: lordcomac
She was driving *way* too fast for that road, for starters.

Also, did it say she was driving to a wake? Was she late?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Daft bint, i'd of at least of had her for endangering the kids life and slapped a 5 year driving ban and extended test along with a long stretch of porridge and the driving ban should begin once she's out not tick away while she's inside.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Is this luck due to the design of cars and child seats or bad luck due to the carelessness of the mother?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I also have a question.
Is she a member of m.a.d.d.?
Mothers against drunk drivers
Or a member of d.a.m.m.?
Drunks against madd mothers

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
I watched this last week, the baby is incredibly lucky. The mother who was 3 x over the drink drive limit received 6 month sentence which will be halved to 3 months if she behaves. What a joke! Im still reeling from the 2 year sentance given to a bristol man who shot his friends baby in the face to shut it up causing him permanent brain damage and blinding him in 1 eye. 2 years!!

In the US, a rich kid can get away with killing four people by RUNNING THEM OVER with his vehicle and get away with probation because of "affluism". In other words, since he's rich the law doesn't apply to him and prison would "impact him negatively". Texas.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
1) Speeding is dangerous on populated and unknown roads, in combination especially.

2) Roundabouts are stupid.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

No. Other than that.there is technically wrong design in some part of the road.

top topics

join