It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A visit from my son, the brilliant attorney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
One of my older children came over to visit awhile back and during the conversation he got around to asking me for the first time since he was a small child, why I do / did some of the work I have done over the last 40 years or so.

Rather than try to answer that impossible question I gave him the following example using the computer as a tool of presentation.
I believe I made my point.

( I'm sure this has been posted before, but in this case I am using this for a illustration and not a debate over the substance or perception )

Buck
edit on 13-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Took me awhile and a few replay's.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That was pretty much his reaction.

Now, let tell you a story about what his little brother did.
Many years ago when I was supposedly gone for a year and transporting various government materials around the U.S.
I had taken him down to the air / ground transport facility where I was employed to have a look-see and at age 6 or so what could he notice of value ...right ?

The first thing he did was jump up in the seat of vehicle I was assigned to and pointed out it only had 800 miles on the speedometer mileage indicator. A couple of the suits that were standing around and over heard his statement and advised me not so nicely to get that kid the hell out of there. That incident planted a seed. A seed that I am very proud of to this very day.

40 years later and four combat tours in Iraq, five combat tours in Afghanistan and the holder of several clearances, he knew then what Dad did and asking question is something that just isn't done.

There are people who talk about how bad things are and there are other people who go and do something about it.

Buck

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thank you and your son for your service.

9 tours.. tell the man to retire he's Earned it.

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 13-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: changed kid to man to avoid disrespect

top topics

join